GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey man! I downloaded latest version but patch 2 and 3 doesn't work and I can't open with 7zip or Winrar. I tryed changing from writed .002 to .7zip and doesn' work.
No do not rename !
Ignore 002/003 files, they are required only for the master file 001 : this is this one that you must open/extract (002/003 will be called by 7zip automatically).
Plus you need HOTFIX 16.0.12 because there are few bugs in 16.0.0.
I have rewrited readme here because it is not clear how 7zip multiple archives work for some people :

Last edited:
No do not rename !
Ignore 002/003 files, they are required only for the master file 001 : this is this one that you must open/extract (002/003 will be called by 7zip automatically).
Plus you need HOTFIX 16.0.12 because there are few bugs in 16.0.0.
I have rewrited readme here because it is not clear how 7zip multiple archives work for some people :
I just noticed it. I think why it doesn't work, then I read the readme again quickly and it was all good. Thanks and nicework

Last edited:
Hi
Downloaded all 3 patches of the 16th Anniversary patch + the hotfix, but cannot extract Part 1 using 7zip (the version suggested or later versions, or WinRAR). Keep getting messages stating 'Cannot open files as 7-Zip data' and 'Unexpected end of data'. Have re-downloaded the patches several times, but no change. I'm totally stuck.
The Hotfix version opens fine with 7zip, its just Part 1 (and 2 and 3) where it seems impossible to extract / open.
I'm used to this sort of process with other SIMS / Mods.. but I'm confused on how to solve this one. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

hotfix is a classic 7zip archive but not 16.0.0 which is a SINGLE 7zip archive SPLIT in 3 parts to save more upload/download data compared to 3 independent archives.
With 7zip split process you can only open the first header file 7z.001, all other files 002/003/xxx are only readable by 7zip and not by user, but 002/003 are required at same place as 001 during extraction.
So put the 3 16.0.0 files 001/002/003 in the same folder on your pc and open/extract 001 ONLY.
I used 7zip v21.07 to make the archives so you MUST have at least 7zip v21.07 installed on your pc : any other version of 7zip below like v21.06 or v19.0 will return an error like "file corrupted". I do not use winRAR but I guess you must also have the very last update and I am not sure winRAR is able to open 7zip split archives. Anyway 7zip is freeware contrary to winRAR.

The install guide is here :

hotfix is a classic 7zip archive but not 16.0.0 which is a SINGLE 7zip archive SPLIT in 3 parts to save more upload/download data compared to 3 independent archives.
With 7zip split process you can only open the first header file 7z.001, all other files 002/003/xxx are only readable by 7zip and not by user, but 002/003 are required at same place as 001 during extraction.
So put the 3 16.0.0 files 001/002/003 in the same folder on your pc and open/extract 001 ONLY.
I used 7zip v21.07 to make the archives so you MUST have at least 7zip v21.07 installed on your pc : any other version of 7zip below like v21.06 or v19.0 will return an error like "file corrupted". I do not use winRAR but I guess you must also have the very last update and I am not sure winRAR is able to open 7zip split archives. Anyway 7zip is freeware contrary to winRAR.

The install guide is here :
Hey GTR233 - uninstalled all 7zip versions, including v21.07, and started again. Extracted and works!!! Many Thanks.
I've not played GTR 2 in 10 years... but I've become interested again. These patches are fantastic. Well done on your hard work, and those involved. Much appreciated. This is fantastic!! Thanks also for the quick response. Thanks so much.

engine map = higher setting will bring torque power sooner at low gears, whereas lower setting will make your car slower at low gears.

engine braking map : higher value will increase engine brake when you downshift which helps to slow down car without touching brake pedal.

Last edited:
hi guys.
@GTR233......I installed version 16.0 but the pitlane assist is on all the time, even with it not selected in the options. trying to get out of the pits onto the track at Nordschleife without damaging the car is impossable.
Also the 2003 Porsche 933 GT2 does not have a complete hud display, it only shows the rev graphic, this is with both HQ and non-HQ versions. Any help please?

@barryg,
I hit similar problem when car is assigned the incorrect setup (perhaps it picks up the wrong gear ratios). Try resetting car setup to the default and build from there.

There are issues around how setup is assigned in GTR2, I am still trying to understand what exactly is going on. But fix is very simple, so not a big deal by me.

I am not using HUD, but maybe HUD problem is caused by "Minimal HUD" setting in the .plr?

Last edited:
Hi. Many thanks for the reply. I use the Reborn mod without any setups, well, using the Porsche 933 GT2 i usually only change the front tires to soft and the rears typically stay at medium- unless the track temps are elevated.
Thanks again.

Regards

Hi. Many thanks for the reply. I use the Reborn mod without any setups, well, using the Porsche 933 GT2 i usually only change the front tires to soft and the rears typically stay at medium- unless the track temps are elevated.
Thanks again.

Regards
Hi - still, in situation like you describe I had luck resetting car setup in Garage to Default before entering the track (I don't think it matters if you assign anything, game picks up some wrong values from somewhere. I sound vague, but I did not get to the core of the problem, yet). Did you try that? ;) Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi,
I recently redownloaded the patch (and hotfix), together with the CrewChief plugin, and I found some bugs/errors (nothing gamebreaking). This is using the HQ-Vanilla physics, with a Steam exe.

- Inside the HQAnderstorp folder, theres a HQ3Barcelona GDB file. It doesn't seem to affect the game nor the track, but it shouldn't be there. (Actually, I found this with older HQ patches, but I completly forgot about it).
- Also, I found inside some HQ<TrackName>.GTR files, some alternative skins, which I assume they are there, so that when you select a track, the car change to this alternative skin. In my case, I created new HQ GTR files (ex. HQ3Barcelona.GTR), with this skins, because otherwise, it didn't work. Maybe it's a WIP feature from the HQ Parch?
- The Porsche 996 GT3 R #03090 (MAC Racing) is using Dunlop tires, when it should be using Pirelli (see the image below, from Racingsportcars).
- The JMB Ferrari 575 Maranello GTC #03009 and #03010 CAR files have a little mistake in the classes entry, where HQMo should be HQ3Mo. I found this, because they didn't appear when I selected the HQ Monza 2003 category.
- The Porsche 996 GT3 Cup #03109 is listed as a G3, when it should be a G2 (it seems that it used a modified bodykit, which could be the cause of the different category, compared to the others GT3 Cups). Also, the graph and tech files were missing the HQ (03109HQ, as in the .CAR file name).
Edit: As noted by @Maxell, the car was part of JMT Racing, it was just registered under one of the drivers name. Sorry for the confusion.

This is what I found for now. Just to clarify, my intention with this is not to criticize the patch. I'm very grateful with it, as it improve and fixes a game that I love. I just want to help improving it even more.

Attachments

• LaurentvanMoerkerkeG2.PNG
    LaurentvanMoerkerkeG2.PNG
    90.8 KB · Views: 48
  • MACRacingPirelli.PNG
    MACRacingPirelli.PNG
    103.7 KB · Views: 52
  • MACRacingPirelli3.PNG
    MACRacingPirelli3.PNG
    810.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
- The Porsche 996 GT3 Cup #03109 has an incorrect team name. It should be Laurent Van Moerkerke, not JMT Racing. Also, it was listed as a G2, not G3 (it seems that it used a modified bodykit, which could be the cause of the different category, compared to the others GT3 Cups). Last but not least, the graph and tech files were missing the HQ (03109HQ, as in the .CAR file name).
The team name is correct, the car has just been registered under one of driver's name, same thing as #68, #113 and #171

hi guys.
@GTR233......I installed version 16.0 but the pitlane assist is on all the time, even with it not selected in the options. trying to get out of the pits onto the track at Nordschleife without damaging the car is impossable.
Also the 2003 Porsche 933 GT2 does not have a complete hud display, it only shows the rev graphic, this is with both HQ and non-HQ versions. Any help please?
autopit always on is fixed in hotfix 16.0.16 in any PLAYER plr you pick.
HUD and lcd motec work for me so check that gtr2config.exe is set in 32bits and not 16bits.
I patched the motec with Scorpyo method in order to skin motec fonts : if you add mods that have corrupted lcd motec in cockpit then check that they have FNTCMOTM.BMP inside xxxxCPIT.GTR and add it with geditor if this file is missing (this is the case in some porsche carrera cup and some fia gt seasons mods by example).

Hi,
I recently redownloaded the patch (and hotfix), together with the CrewChief plugin, and I found some bugs/errors (nothing gamebreaking). This is using the HQ-Vanilla physics, with a Steam exe.

- Inside the HQAnderstorp folder, theres a HQ3Barcelona GDB file. It doesn't seem to affect the game nor the track, but it shouldn't be there. (Actually, I found this with older HQ patches, but I completly forgot about it).
- Also, I found inside some HQ<TrackName>.GTR files, some alternative skins, which I assume they are there, so that when you select a track, the car change to this alternative skin. In my case, I created new HQ GTR files (ex. HQ3Barcelona.GTR), with this skins, because otherwise, it didn't work. Maybe it's a WIP feature from the HQ Parch?
- The Porsche 996 GT3 R #03090 (MAC Racing) is using Dunlop tires, when it should be using Pirelli (see the image below, from Racingsportcars).
- The JMB Ferrari 575 Maranello GTC #03009 and #03010 CAR files have a little mistake in the classes entry, where HQMo should be HQ3Mo. I found this, because they didn't appear when I selected the HQ Monza 2003 category.
- The Porsche 996 GT3 Cup #03109 is listed as a G3, when it should be a G2 (it seems that it used a modified bodykit, which could be the cause of the different category, compared to the others GT3 Cups). Also, the graph and tech files were missing the HQ (03109HQ, as in the .CAR file name).
Edit: As noted by @Maxell, the car was part of JMT Racing, it was just registered under one of the drivers name. Sorry for the confusion.

This is what I found for now. Just to clarify, my intention with this is not to criticize the patch. I'm very grateful with it, as it improve and fixes a game that I love. I just want to help improving it even more.
excellent, it is fixed in 16.1 which will be released for Xmas with new exclusive features, thanks ;)

I found another bug, this time affecting the HQ-Monza track (both 2003-04). At the exit of the Variante Ascari, one of the light lamps seems to be on (not physically, but using the cockpit view, you can see the "reflection" as you drive through). This happen when driving/racing on daytime. Also, when driving in free practice or time trial, and using the car lights, the movers and trucks scattered around some turns runoff areas appear transparent (without using lights they're invisible, but still have collision). In 3dSimed, they are marked as only visible during Race Weekend, but they're still there outside this Race Weekend, just as "ghosts". I don't know if this happens in every other track, but atleast in HQ-Monza, it's a thing.

PD: The setup I'm using it's the same as before. HQ-Vanilla physics, cars and tracks, with CC Plugin and Steam.exe, with the latest Anniversary patch and hotfix.

Last edited:
GTR233
A new v16.1 is coming next week and I will check if map is working : do you use my PLAYER PLR or you own ? Because map plugin requires write shared memory to be enabled in PLR.

Hi Thanks for reply i use your PLR, in my GTR2 Player File i have Write Shared Memory="1"

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 156 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 29 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 52 29.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 65 36.3%