GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
As most people did not apply hotfix, I had to include it in full pack.
As most people did not read install.txt and did not run GTR2_SETUP.BAT, I had to set old NOCD1 by default...but if you want to use GID/CREWCHIEF/VR you MUST run GTR2_SETUP.BAT to install the new NOCD2 at page III.

Firstly, I would like to add my gratitude for your continued work and support for this great game. Truly keeping the title alive after all this time, quite remarkable!

I am though having an issue with the SETUP.BAT, as no matter which option I choose, and no matter where the GTR2 installation is located, I always get, "The system cannot find the path specified". Maybe I am overlooking something, but I'm almost certain I've followed the Installation readme to the letter for a Steam install. Nvidia profiler AA settings, Admin rights for all EXEs, everything (I think).

Any advice would be appreciated!

Are you extracting the file into the clean GTR2 root folder and allowing it to overwrite all requests?
I've done this countless times and never had any problems.

Yes, all to the GTR2 root folder. I must admit, I do not recall ever having this issue in the past either, only now for some reason (since the latest version, that is)

GTR2_SETUP.BAT must be in same folder as GTR2.EXE, and SETUP folder (used by batch file) too.
If you installed GTR2 in Administrator location then you must right click on GTR2_SETUP.BAT and left click "Run as Administrator" otherwise the batch file has got insufficient privileges to delete and copy new files.
That's why I never install games on system partition but on d:\progams\gtr2 instead. I hope it helps :)

Hi all, first of all THANK YOU for the lovely mod and all the effort made to create it, really appreciated :) but unfortunately I'm in the same situation of Wes; installed following all the instructions, set all compatibility and admin rights but setup.bat doesn't change a thing, no matter what; I tried removing admin and/or compatibility to GTR2.exe but nothing changed, I've been able to change language and UI color just opening the .bat file and manually doing what it's written in it, no other way to make changes. I use Windows 7 32 bit, fresh install ecc, any idea?
Thanks

try to simply rename extension :
rename GTR2_SETUP.BAT as GTR2_SETUP.CMD
and double click on GTR2_SETUP.CMD to run it.

Thanks for your help on this, appreciated. I did as suggested, and initially this worked: renaming to CMD removed the path error as before, and all was proceeding well. However, the GTR2 EXE now fails to start. The icon appears for a few seconds in the Windows task bar, but then disappears.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Restarted Windows, tried again, and GTR2 launched, no issues. Thanks for helping find the fix, much appreciated.

Last edited:
I've found a way to make it work! :laugh: It's enough to add a space before the .bat, like GTR2_SETUP .bat and launch it WITHOUT admin privilege (or it will fail) and it all works, don't ask me why...

Last edited:
I've found a way to make it work! :laugh: It's enough to add a space before the .bat, like GTR2_SETUP .bat and launch it WITHOUT admin privilege (or it will fail) and it all works, don't ask me why...
wow, very weird, we learn things everyday and this subtility of windows is really hard to find :D
At next update I will rename GTR2_SETUP.BAT as GTR2 SETUP.CMD with a space :)

Yes, that would be nice, I'd like also to hear from Wes if by any chance this is working for him as well. Strange Windows... :D

Yes, GTR2 is working again for me now. I'm still astonished at how great this sim is today, with all this community support, compared even with modern day titles. There is something special about GTR2, always has been, and I'm delighted that it remains relevant with such a dedicated community.

yes totally agree, and especially with all Scorpyo mods at eec : his last GT1 Legends and hypercars mod are highly recommended :)

I'll take a look, thanks. I've tried with EEC before, but their download links are typically mediafire, and that is just ad spam central that gets Norton triggered. Managed to somehow download the Hypercars zip through the blizzard of ad pop-ups, so will give this a blast later!

GTR233 updated GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTR2 HQ ANNIVERSARY PATCH

-------------------------------------------------------------
| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH v15.0.0 by GTR233 and friends |
-------------------------------------------------------------

Archive size = 497 Mo
Archive MD5 hash = aed46fa062e033ca96aac468e49ec44e

Last Changelog
--------------
v15.0.0 >>>>>> AS I HAVE CHANGED MANY OPTIONS, A NEW CLEAN GTR2 INSTALL IS REQUIRED !!! <<<<<<
- updated DucFreak's GTR2 UI MOD HQ Anniversary to v12.0 : fixed memory leak issue (thanks to The Iron Wolf...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have the answer about non working GTR2_SETUP just after fresh install because it happened to me yesterday : powershell commands require files/folders to be indexed by windows search engine so, as long as new tree file structure is not indexed, it cannot work. You just need to wait few minutes after extracting archive (a bit longer if windows index is deactivated), just let your pc on while you take a cup of coffee and come back later.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 49 55.1%