GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
1) just because they are not all blue in reality, I have taken the exact color of the different devices I found on internet on various forums or ebay. That said, of course I did not check car by car the exact lcd model/color but what I am sure is that all cars haven't got blue lcd as in default game.
2) yes all mirror.bmp are the same, that's the one in 1024x1024 that you can also find in HQ MODS COLLECTION...but ratio was made for stock GTR2 cars so you have to find the good ratio for any 3rd party mods, I mean it could be 1024*512/2048*512/4096*256 by example.
3) I use notepad++ for text files like CAR/HDC/CAS/... but I edited all the images dds/bmp/tga one by one manually with gimp.

GTR233 updated GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTR2 HQ Anniversary Patch

-------------------------------------------------------------
| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH v14.3.0 by GTR233 and friends |

IMPORTANT : please read carefully both "_GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_readme" and "_GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_install"...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTR2 CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" or "CARS ARE GREY PLEASE HELP!"... THERE ARE MANY INFORMATIONS AND OPTIONS, IT IS QUITE COMPLEX FOR NEWBIES BUT ALL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Redownloading Steam version on another disk... in order to have a fresh ( not necessarily french ? :roflmao: ) version for reinstalling this new HQ version, since I still have a rather older and uncomplete one. ;)

you just need to run GTR2_SETUP.BAT as many times as you want and change options also as many times as you want, even immediately with B key to go back to previous page and change again :
- run GTR2_SETUP.BAT
- set italian language
- you realize you don't speak italian
- type B to go back to the language page setup
- set english
- type X to exit setup
- finally you think that french is more compliant for belgium
- re-run GTR2_SETUP.BAT
- set french
- type X to exit

You can do that with all options available in GTR2_SETUP.BAT : type S to skip the pages you don't want to modify till you reach the page you want to modify and type X to exit when done or go to the end of pages (17th in last version if I recall) to run GTR2.EXE from the setup ;)

Thanks for the tips, Paul :thumbsup: ... I'll test it during this weekend ( among many other things to do :laugh: ).

I mostly never use automated installs with an executable as I prefer knowing what and where I install something ... but always used and uses JSGME.

I didn't even notice before that there was a setup bat for your HQ Patch :p but I'll try it this time.
I'll surely add some other features of the HQ Mods Collection when done with this setup bat before adding car and tracks mods with JSGME.

NB: although Steam GTR2 is quickly downloaded and installed ( less than 3 minutes ), I'll save the original version on an external support.

GTR2 HQ Ann. Patch

| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH v14.4.0 by GTR233 and friends |

Archive size = 496 Mo
Archive MD5 hash = a49b400c6da1d31137d315b286eef61c

IMPORTANT : please read carefully both "_GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_readme" and "_GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_install" BECAUSE IT COULD BE COMPLEX FOR NEWBIES BUT ALL ANSWERS ARE HERE.
MOREOVER, THERE ARE LOTS OF RUMORS/FAKE NEWS ON...

Bjarne warned me about a bug in 3dSimEd31w with detecting shaders in GTR2 GMT...but totally missed it when I did the new endurance lights for 996RS/RSR so here is a HOTFIX for blinking lights :
- download TXT file
- delete .TXT extension to get 7z archive
- extract archive and overwrite all in your GTR2 folder

I have added a note in GTR2_SETUP.BAT : if you disable base cars then you won't see ghost/instructor car in driving school so if you want to enjoy full driving lessons then activate/reactivate base cars via setup. I have also added a script line to detect nude gtr2 at online question page.

edit: removed 14.4.1 HOTFIX because it is included in new 14.4.2 below

Attachments

• 3DSimED31w_GTR2_BUG.jpg
    3DSimED31w_GTR2_BUG.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
New HOTFIX 14.4.2 :
- DurgeDriven recommended me to add an optional page in setup for PLR
- The Iron Wolf recommended me to remove suggested stats in driving school as it is useless because the goal is to be as fast as possible anyway
-added legal screen updated to 14.4.2
- previous HOTFIX 14.4.1 is included : shader patch for 996RS/RSR lights to remove artifacts/flickering

edit: link deleted because new hotfix 14.4.3 is available below

Last edited:
Is it just me or there is a problem with HQ 2003 Zakspeed Viper (G2 class)? It doesn't seem to appear for me when I select it.

Confirmed Car is not in spinner or showroom and caused CTD when starting weekend

However I tried Practice it was okay
Returned to weekend and car was in spinner showroom and weekend booted okay

Sorry that was default cars and weekend, HQ CTD

Last edited:
Till today, total 14.4.0 downloads = 242
but total 14.4.3 HOTFIX = 29
242-29= 213 people play with Viper Zakspeed CrashToDesktop and porsche 996RS/RSR huge artifacts bug on rear lights ...and from what I read on other forums many people did not double click on GTR2_SETUP.BAT : YOU MISS MANY OPTIONS !!!

If it continues like that I will be forced to upload a complete 14.5.0 with all hotfixes included...

If only people read the README.
Yes I know it's quite a long one, but the time taken in comparison to the time spent faffing about when problems arise. :whistling:
The setup bat just makes it so easy to get the options you want, as to the flickering your clip planes answer fixed that.
I'm in my 70's and have no issues just by following the instructions given.

A very little bit younger than Kenny ;) and no issue either ... using also the setup.bat ..very useful and quick tool. :thumbsup:
I just read now the change logs to know if I have to update or if it may wait for the next ones according to my needs, use and free time also :D .... as I mostly don't drive GTR2 often compared to newer sims in league.

( In fact I rarely use the original content so ... even Viper and 996RS may wait for a next version, Paul @GTR233 :laugh:
I know they are corrected but for me not worth a new install, changes are done when they are necessary and not each time I see a new version ... just a question of organization for many other things to do in .... life )

I know they are corrected but for me not worth a new install,
I keep a clean version on a spare HD, and just copy over, takes very little time. :)
I mostly don't drive GTR2 often compared to newer sims
Funnily enough atm I'm the opposite and am spending a lot of my driving time in GTR2 and Race 07 with only occasional forays into AMS2 and ACC. Maybe nostalgia for my 60's.:roflmao:

The 3 reasons why I mostly drive newer sims than GTR2 ???:
- I mostly drive ... Online and only in league ( nearly never on public lobbies ... not clean enough )
- too much time already skinning and modding GTR2 in a modding team for several hours a day ...
- and I keep some day or evening hours a week for private life :roflmao: ( and of course some night hours for sleep :p )

GTR2 HQ Anniversary Patch

| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH v14.5.0 by GTR233 and friends |

Archive size = 499 Mo
Archive MD5 hash = 0050a0e5326a8bea5b03735b6123cb48

IMPORTANT :
- PLEASE READ BOTH "_GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_readme" and "_GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_install" !!!
- PLEASE RUN GTR2_SETUP.BAT to set options like language !!!
- NO, THIS PATCH IS NOT PAYWARE : YOU JUST NEED...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea