GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
v15.0 addendum :
- I changed at last minute the ui style "out of the box" and set option 2-10th Anniversary UI by default instead of 3- HQ Anniversary UI RED as in v14.5 and written in GTR2_SETUP (simply forgot to update text). In the end it is not really important as you can set UI style of your choice via setup :)

- The Iron Wolf is not happy with my VR tutorial in readme : to be clear I don't own VR SET so I have no idea how it works neither how it must be configured :D
So for VR headsets, install either RaceRoom binary at page III of GTR2_SETUP or use default Steam exe then go to thecrewchief.org and follow instructions from @The Iron Wolf ;)

Last edited:
Wanted to thank you once again, GTR233. I wanted to enjoy Hockenheim and BMW and discovered that AI cannot turn off pit limiter, but then I remembered you fixed this a while ago :) Updated the drop and all works awesome!

Is anyone using HQ Patch with NAP physics? What's the difference between NAP and NAP IRG patched?

Also, AI is really struggling with NAP physics/tires (whereas HQ or Reborn are very solid). Rolling start issues, a lot of FCY, is there any particular combination of settings that works beter with NAP physics?

As a side note I am a bit puzzled that physics interpretation choice impacts AI this much, doesn't AI care about AIWs only? There are many choices in the setup batch: tyres, physics, rcd, AI. What is the guidance if I'd like to change physics but keep AI behavior?

Last edited:
I am not the author of NAP mod so I don't know exactly what have been done in this mod but, as his name suggests (New Advanced Physics Patch), it is focusing more on physics and less on AI. What I know is that NAP was heavily used in many GTR2 leagues back in 2006...then GTR2 REBORN was released later... and finally HQ more recently :)

Only NAP tyres are patched by IRG (REBORN authors) : there is a line where NAP author reversed (max,min) values and the patched version fixes that to show (min,max).

There are many combos with GTR2_SETUP : It's a question of taste, so try and change again if you are not satisfied.

GTR233 updated GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTR2 HQ ANNIVERSARY PATCH

-------------------------------------------------------------
| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH v15.1.0 by GTR233 and friends |

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v19.00 so you need at least v19.00 to extract archive without errors (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted) : https://www.7-zip.org (I recommend to NOT download ALPHA versions, leave them to devs)
Archive size = 498 Mo...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Finally released this version before 14/02 as promised : if only all devs could release games before ETA ...SimBinUk are you still alive :whistling:

Well, finally after 14 years all gtr2 cars have got working wipers with rain effect on side windows : it is far from perfect but it is really cool :)
You can deactivate wiper animation via GTR2_SETUP.CMD if your PC is not powerful enough.

Wow! Working wipers, that's remarkable! Well done! It adds a nice feeling of immersion when racing in the rain. Good job!

Haven't been able to try this new version yet, but only just found out and am SO excited (hopefully I'll take a crack at it tonight!). Never expected to see GTR2 wipers in my RD notification box, but always secretly hoped for it!

GTR233 updated GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTR2 HQ ANNIVERSARY PATCH

| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH v15.1.1 by GTR233 and friends |

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v19.00 so you need at least v19.00 to extract archive without errors (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted) : https://www.7-zip.org (I recommend to NOT download ALPHA versions, leave them to devs)
Archive size = 498 Mo...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @GTR233 , came here to give some feedback,

For some reason, selecting Wndowed Mode in the GTR2Config.exe doesnt set
"WINDOWEDMODE" in Config.ini to 1, in fact, having windowed mode selected in the GTR2Config.exe always causes "WINDOWEDMODE" to be set to 0 and nothing I did could make it change.

I tried:
- Manually setting WINDOWEDMODE in Config.ini from 0 to 1 and saving,
- Setting the Config.ini file to Read-only,

Both these solutions dont work cause GTR2 always creates a new Config.ini file when you launch the game, can you think of any other fix?

Also, SHO Competition FFB has been updated to v7, can you update it in the patch?

Thank you so much for your hard work, I really love the new CMD window to setup our options, best addition to the Patch so far no questions.

thanks for feedback ;)

- about windowed mode : you forgot to set both Windows XP compatibility + Admin privileges to GTR2Config.exe too and not only GTR2.exe
After doing that, restart your pc and run GTR2_DEBUG.CMD : it should work ;)

- about Shovas ffb I prefer to stick to v3 which is universal and works good for all wheels, but I wrote link to Shovas thread in order to download and try latest versions released.

thanks for feedback ;)

- about windowed mode : you forgot to set both Windows XP compatibility + Admin privileges to GTR2Config.exe too and not only GTR2.exe
After doing that, restart your pc and run GTR2_DEBUG.CMD : it should work ;)

- about Shovas ffb I prefer to stick to v3 which is universal and works good for all wheels, but I wrote link to Shovas thread in order to download and try latest versions released.
Quick and concise reply, super, thank you man!

Last edited:
Hi All, I'm having a problem with win 10 and GTR2, in that when I install the latest hd version15.1.1mod it runs fine the first time and when I exit the game I get an error message from windows that says there was a compatibility issue that it "fixed".
And the next time I try to run it I get an error message that it was unable to start correctly with a 0xc0000005 exception code which supposedly means my ram is bad, which it isn't.
Anyone else had this issue? I know it's a windows problem, but I'm hoping someone here can help me with it. I'm using the steam version and following the instruction very carefully, like I said it runs once just fine.
I've deleted and re-installed everything several times and the same thing happens every time.

Thanks in advance
Gregoryleo

With steam version you must copy-paste all game directory from \steamapps\GTR2 - FIA GT Racing Game to elsewhere like d:\GTR2HQ by example.
After extracting-overwriting all files from HQ Patch to d:\GTR2HQ you need to run GTR2_SETUP.CMD : at page III you will update GTR2.EXE version, if you choose option 2 then you must download and install Microsoft VCredist 2010 32bits+64bits (not required with nocd). Whatever binary option you chose at page III, you need to re-set WindowsXP (or win7) compatibility + Admin privileges for GTR2.EXE + GTR2config.exe again.
Restart PC then run GTR2_DEBUG.CMD : if it works then you can run directly GTR2.EXE for next session.
Hope it helps :)

With steam version you must copy-paste all game directory from \steamapps\GTR2 - FIA GT Racing Game to elsewhere like d:\GTR2HQ by example.
After extracting-overwriting all files from HQ Patch to d:\GTR2HQ you need to run GTR2_SETUP.CMD : at page III you will update GTR2.EXE version, if you choose option 2 then you must download and install Microsoft VCredist 2010 32bits+64bits (not required with nocd). Whatever binary option you chose at page III, you need to re-set WindowsXP (or win7) compatibility + Admin privileges for GTR2.EXE + GTR2config.exe again.
Restart PC then run GTR2_DEBUG.CMD : if it works then you can run directly GTR2.EXE for next session.
Hope it helps :)
I've already done what you said what you said several times but just to be sure I followed your instructions to the letter twice, and I still get the same error message only now it doesn't run even once. Sorry I know this isn't your fault and I really appreciate your help, I'm just a bit frustrated at this moment. Seems like everything I do is moving it in the wrong direction.
Yes I'm a die hard GTR2 lover. I will figure this out. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
your error messages are unusual with gtr2, I think your issue doesn't come from gtr2 itself but it could be a plugin or driver problem ???
If you have a d3d9.dll in gtr2 folder then try to delete it.
Did you install Microsoft DirectX9 ? Try to reinstall it.

I found that WinXP compatibility with the steam/raceroom exe causes 0xc05 error for me on Win10. I run the game with no compatibility setting, only administrator rights, without issues.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Forum trophies