GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
New clean install required because I have deeply modified the options : unzip 7z archives in \GTR2\ directory to activate the options of your choice :)

GTR233 updated GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH

-----------------------------------------------------------
| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH v14.2 by GTR233 and friends |
-----------------------------------------------------------

ULTRA VERY IMPORTANT : READ "GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH_install.txt" and follow EXACTLY the steps if you have never installed GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTR2 CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" or "CARS ARE GREY PLEASE HELP!"... so PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY...

Read the rest of this update entry...

NEW CLEAN GTR2 INSTALL REQUIRED for this v14.2 because I have made deep modifications to the option files structure. Indeed, I have removed the former 7zip archives which were too confusing for some people so all options can be managed through my new old school setup : just after HQ Anniversary PATCH install, double click on GTR2_SETUP.BAT ;)

Good job!

Three questions if you allow me:

1- Since the 430 and the 997 have the same Motec as the original ones, how could I also put it in those two cars? I really like how you made them. (Of course for personal use)

2- I prefer the driving position as in the original cars, what should I do to restore only that value?

3- The tires, which you also recommended to me in the 2005 mod (the HQ2020) if I put them on other mods are fine or should I modify other things like .sp or .hdc files?

Thanks and thanks for the great work!

Last edited:
1. You need to copy the BMP+TGA images with geditor tool in options folder.

2. I set wide range of seat position to please most people especially if you use low FOV : with default values you can't push your seat back, seat positions are very limited and you can't even see side mirrors in some cars like mc12.
With HQ cars you can have the exact seat position as you want with even more precision than default :
- hold left mouse button and drag mouse forward/backward to move seat forward/back
- hold right mouse button while you drag mouse forward/backward to make your seat up/down
- hold CTRL key+LEFT mouse button while you move your mouse to modify FOV

3. Tyres in HQ PATCH and in my 2005 mod are exactly the same, HQ cars too. It is very easy to set the tyres of your choice on any car : open hdc file with notepad and rename the tirebrand line with the tyr file you prefer.

Also @ GTr 233 i found an interesting work around the ENB crash if you own AMS or rfactor1/2 is that you can copy and paste it's d3d9.dll file into GTR2 and replace it with that one the game will still launch and no more CTD when you alt tab you might want to mention it in your original post

update it appears that it was d3d9.dll that was breaking for me not ENB

Last edited:
Which version is it ?
I have tested many versions and all of them break windows alt-tab for me, the only workaround is to not select enbseries plugin (DO NOT PICK 1 TO 4 CHOICES in PLUGIN GTR2 SETUP) if we like to use alt-tab often with gtr2

Last edited:
GTR233 updated GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH

-------------------------------------------------------------
| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH v14.2.1 by GTR233 and friends |
-------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT : please read carefully both "_GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_readme" and "_GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_install"...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTR2 CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" or "CARS ARE GREY PLEASE HELP!"... THERE ARE MANY INFORMATIONS AND OPTIONS, IT IS QUITE COMPLEX FOR NEWBIES BUT ALL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Two questions:

1- Is the STEX file of the Anniversary Patch the same as that of the 2005 Mod?

If the answer is yes I can just keep it and insert it in every .CAS of every car right?

2- Regarding refueling, what are the values for the petrol fillers in which the axles can be changed for the right position?

How do I tell him if the refueling must be done with one or two petrol fillers?

Thanks for your suggestions!

1. No, but yes you can add hqstex in cas file to activate it
2. It is defined in CAR file under
Fuelrigtype=2
FuelcappositionR=
FuelcapangleR=
If you stop there then you will have only 1 filler
But if you add:
FuelcappositionL=
FuelcapangleL=
Then you will have 2 fillers

Question: Why did you remove the Sound toggle from the pit screen viewer? I always toggle it on when entering a session, and now I have to go into the full screen viewer to switch it on.

it is for exhaust steam : at start, engage clutch, then push accelerator pedal to the floor and look at tailpipe(s). Only available in HQ cars and not in base game.

Last edited:
I have two / three curiosities to ask you:

1- How come when the lights turn on the Motecs you didn't make them all blue as in reality?

2- Are all Mirror files the same? Can I also use them on other cars or are they specific only for this Mod?

3- How do you save all files of the same type in one moment?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea