Mantorp Park Coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Mantorp 5.jpg

Sector3 Studios have today revealed their second Scandinavian circuit due to be added to the RaceRoom Racing Experience title, announcing news that Mantorp Park will be joining Gelleråsen as new additions to the simulation.

As with the previously announced Gelleråsen circuit, Mantorp Park is a typical Swedish location that plays host to the STCC series amongst other popular national level racing events. Sim racers will know the track from Simbin Studios STCC and STCC 2 game releases back in 2011 will no doubt be excited to see yet another wonderful Swedish track added to RaceRoom.

For those of you not familiar with this little gem, have a look at the on-board footage from Flash Engineering drivers Jan "Flash" Nilsson and Colin Turkington during the controversial Scandinavian Touring Car Championship finale of 2011 at Mantorp Park.

Of course Sector3 have not revealed an expected release date for either circuit yet, however judging by the impressive screens it does looks as if both tracks are very near a finished state of development. As was with the original Gelleråsen reveal, Sector3 have confirmed yet more track announcements will be forthcoming in the near future, and I am pretty sure I speak for a majority of fans when I say we hope to see more of these Scandinavian beauties joining the game throughout the year (and STCC cars too please...).

Mantorp 1.jpg
Mantorp 2.jpg
Mantorp 3.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation available exclusively for PC. Additional paid content is available for the game via the RaceRoom Store and can be purchased separately.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We have a few select mods to download, a ton of setups created by our community and our pièce de résistance the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club. Head over to our club and join in a selection of races for all different skills and experiences. Top TeamSpeak banter and great racing, exclusive to premium members of RD.

Mantorp 4.jpg Mantorp 6.jpg Mantorp 7.jpg

Happy to see more STCC tracks in RaceRoom? Which other Scandinavian tracks would you like adding to R3E? Would you like to see an STCC pack for the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

James Cook

Marcas fan
It may not be the best grapchic engine but those textures are amazing. You could easily be forgiven for thinking some of those pictures are actual photos of the circuit. Good to see Mantorp as it is about 100 kilometers from where I live. Hope they'll do Anderstorp as well.
Sector3's track artists are the best out there as far as I'm concerned.

Don't care about Mantorp, but it does look great. Actually, quite a good looking game Raceroom is. And with physics and everything else being top notch puzzles me that the game isn't a big hit.

Lars Hansen

Buggered if I know.....
Don't care about Mantorp, but it does look great. Actually, quite a good looking game Raceroom is. And with physics and everything else being top notch puzzles me that the game isn't a big hit.
Well, in all fairness we're kinda spoilt for choice when it comes to racing-sims.
And R3E has had some trouble finding its niche amongst AC, AMS, iR and so on.
Plus, it has had something of a rocky development-cycle, to put it mildly.

D

Deleted member 130869

• Deleted member 130869

Jesus Christ, look at those previews :confused::confused::confused:. Only part of the curbs give it away as a videogame.

Oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes oh yes!!! It's happening! Swedish tracks are finally back! :DDD Keep them coming, Sector3, keep them coming! I promise, I will buy every Scandinavian track you release as soon as possible. Oh, this is so great!

Jriv012

Riverside
Premium
Cool video, RD, thanks for sharing.

Wonder why S3 has not officially licensed STCC yet

Wonder when and if them or someone else will sign TCR, clearly the largest grids in TC around the world...

Last edited:
Well, in all fairness we're kinda spoilt for choice when it comes to racing-sims.
And R3E has had some trouble finding its niche amongst AC, AMS, iR and so on.
Plus, it has had something of a rocky development-cycle, to put it mildly.

Still it's a shame since it's a great game now. Far from the crazy release from a few years ago.

"top-notch"?? its progressed a lot in the past 2-3 years, but its easily the most rudimentary physics system in simracing. theres still a lot of work to be done in fleshing the game out before i think it can really be grouped in with AMS/iR/good rF2/AC.

Stick a couple of highly modified 9-3s there and keep it all Swedish :D
To be fair, I initially had lots of difficulty getting RRE to work properly.
It was hit or miss...even from one session to another.
Some days it'd run okay...on others it'd stutter horribly.
Recently though, they've made some good improvements and actually runs much better.
I still don't run it as much as my other sims due mostly to a few 'piddly' issues on my part....the time it takes to launch....the lighting that sometimes makes it difficult to see upcoming corners, etc...

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 78 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.1%