Almost shat my pants when i saw the small steam announcement from RD popping up. More sims on the market, the more the merrier. Please no R3E business model and do a good job separating the console and PC version.

Although, to the best of my knowledge, no one currently working at Sector 3 or the new Simbin worked on GTR or GTR2, it would appear that they have a very firm grasp on what the "franchise" is all about. I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised and very much looking forward to GTR3.

Something simular F1 Codemasters game? Nops, I pass this game.

GTR 2 had Ferrari F550, a vero good car to handle, to master your skill. If this new one bring just a bunch of GT3 cars, I will not convince myself to buy.

oh boy .. stick to what GTR2 did right and this might be very very good ...
and if they borrow sound engine from R3E

Last edited:
I don't play GTR2 anymore but out of all the sims it is still overall the one that I enjoyed the most. With an up to date graphics engine, R3E sounds and a team who have a solid understanding of what both dedicated sim racers and more casual racers need I think this game could be a big success.

giphy.gif

... At some point RaceRoom will switch over to the technology we are creating and we'll just take that a different route, as in simulation with support for both console and PC." ...

Besides of a potential revival of the good old GTR2 sim, equipped with a top notch graphics and simulation environment plus the great sound works from R3E, that short sentence above got my attention, too. Would be interesting which route Sector3 will take with its own product R3E. So at the moment this GTR-revival seems to be a technology R&D (that one could buy at some point also on consoles) how the present R3E content and simulation basis could be transferred into a modern environment simulation basis?

Although, to the best of my knowledge, no one currently working at Sector 3 or the new Simbin worked on GTR or GTR2, it would appear that they have a very firm grasp on what the "franchise" is all about. I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised and very much looking forward to GTR3.

Listed in the credits for GTR2 is Karsten, Marko, Jay Ekkel (who had a big role in R3E until last year), and Klaus Wohlfarth (owner of KW/RaceRoom AG).

So, while the game was almost entirely developed by other people, a few names remain.

My sheer joy went into a "mayday...we r going down" state reading the aweful word: "console".
Bronski beat: "TELL ME WHY?"
Jerry Maguire: "Show me the moneyyyy":cautious:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back