Interesting how the hype begins and we basicly know nothing about the game yet and have just seen two pretty screenshots. Besides the fact that I would rather see sim devs setting new benchmarks in terms of physics first or atleast getting the basics right, before they even think about who they want to cater for, I haven't read any word on physics in the whole article wich leaves a sour taste.

Every new racing game these days is like: we have some pretty graphics (wich is fine and dandy), nice sound and some great licenses but no word on physics or similar aspects and we plan on pleasing as many people on as many platforms as possible. Anyway, I saw how Project Cars turned out, so I will rather stay reserved and be happily surprised if it is a highly improved GTR2. Other than that, good luck with the project. :)

Being a big Raceroom fan, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in terms of the development of that platform. With the iRacing-like ranking/licensing system coming into effect this year, further advancements into the tyre model, 24-hour cycle, weather system, track evolution, etc., would be nice things to have in order to compete with iRacing.

Only time will tell! :):x3:

It's kind of funny when developers talk about simulation on PC and a different approach on console for casual gamers.

In my vision, simulation stays the same on both PC and Console. The physics engine must be the same.

What changes are the driving aids and pad filters you can cutomize to make the driving less frustrating.
Developers can let you select simulation mode or arcade mode where what changes are just driving aids.

I really hope to see GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4 classes, 24h race championships, VLN, BTCC, WTCC and so on.

Last edited:
Awesome news. Loved GTR, loved GTR2 more and cannot get enough of R3E. Also a big fan of Race Pro on Xbox 360 when it came out and it was probably the most simlike console racer ever (at the time) so I have high hopes for GTR 3. Simbin have produced a stable of thoroughbred racers and there's no reason to think GTR 3 will be any different IMO

Thank [D]uck for that, they got rid of the ISI Gmotor Engine, that Graphics engine should have been killed with Fire Decades ago.
If they implement the Unreal 4 engine well enough with their own physics engine, I hope other simracing developers follow suit, and ditch that graphics engine once and for all.

It's kind of funny when developers talk about simulation on PC and a different approach on console for casual gamers.

In my vision, simulation stays the same on both PC and Console. The physics enging must be the same.

What changes are the driving aids and pad filters you can cutomize to make the driving less frustrating.
Developers can let you select simulation mode or arcade mode where what changes are just driving aids.
Agree.
Codemasters are doing that for DiRT 4, with the choice of Casual and Sim handling, but the Physics engine is the same.

So far as I am aware, the physics engine will indeed stay the same, with appropriate adjustments and features available to make the experience less daunting for those coming from a more casual position.

Well it looks like they've got most if not all of the features "expected" for a GTR3. I must admit I feel development of Raceroom has been rather slow so I wasn't optimistic they could add all these new features in the time available, but it appears my fears were unfounded.

Also expect R3E to quicken up in development terms. I believe the plan is to target monthly updates to the game and bring about many if not all the features that the game misses at the moment. It's been difficult for various reasons to implement the features they would like in R3E, due to the structure of how the game was originally built. Slowly but surely these have been worked at and with each update solutions are becoming more possible to realise.

I've got a couple of articles and interviews around the subject of R3E, Simbin, GTR3 and Sector3 coming over the next few days and weeks that goes into this in more detail. So hang fire and all will (hopefully) become clear soon.

Also they've extended the invite for me to keep popping down and having a look how all this stuff is progressing, so I intend to keep very close to these projects and feed you guys the news first :) All this despite it cost me about £60 all told to go down to Manchester and get all this info (not bribes btw, train fair, food, drink and taxis etc).

So keep tuned to RD and you'll hear it all here first! :D

This all sounds grand, but personally I'll wait to see the proof in the pudding. In the past 2years Ive seen claims of "it will be this it will be that" only to be disappointed. When is a Dev going to build a FULL sim and not water it down for the financial benefits or consoles. At this rate I might have to take up iRacing :whistling::rolleyes::laugh:

yeah, I really hate this kind of announcements with one year ahead, what I am supposed to do now?1 YEAR?and like all new projects, i am very sceptical especially that money talks (I mean this will be a product that needs to make a profit) so catering for both PC and consoles and for hardcore sim racers and arcade will be a huge factor.

• Deleted member 217114

1 year is nothing compared to the 4 months we need to wait until D4. :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes