Well what would be interesting to see is the implementation of GTR3 to the current gen consoles. Because they will never be able to work that game at 60 fps in Full HD but our PCs will. GTR's point should be fluidity of gameplay which will not be very likely and lifelike if they do not go for 60 fps.

I have no problem with a console version just as long as it's not compromised on the PC....there's also potentially a lot of money to be made on console, and this would help fund development of future titles and ensure the companies existence.

whatever comes will be nice, as long as something comes out! i'm not even worried about graphics, what really matters to me is the quality of the driving. take richard burns rally, graphics are basic as hell, however no dirt3 will ever get to its heels in terms of driving simulation.

We already have crappy GFX in GTR EVO, so it makes perfect sense to up the visual quality of the game, especially as it'll be a 2012 release.

Not in favour of a console version. You say that anyone commenting about dumbing down deserves a firing squad, but you cannot avoid the facts. If GTR 3 was made into a cross-platform game, compromises would have to be made across the board and it would end up as a poor excuse for a PC simulator. Thanks, but no thanks.

If there is genuine interest then SimBin can make a GTR 3 spin-off aimed solely at consoles like Race Pro. They should not deprive PC users of one of the last good genres left on the system.

That you can change the cockpit view exact the way you want(fov,position,near,target etc) in a source file like the ini-file in Richard Burns Rally.

Maybe to, that you can adjust the bonnet view a bit to the left and down to create more cockpit view.

I remember it was possible in GTR2 but quit annoying.

Many people have moved from the PC to the console, and with the number and quality of steering wheels available these days for all platforms, it makes good business sense to go multiplatform just as long as they build a proper PC racing sim, and it's not like they could dump GRID on us and we wouldn't know...

Consoles have less processing power (very optimized software running in dated hardware since they are released) and that goes directly against the physics, that need math power.

I don't expect GTR3 to be a sim because of this, I expect a SHIFT like game.

Not in favour of a console version. You say that anyone commenting about dumbing down deserves a firing squad, but you cannot avoid the facts. If GTR 3 was made into a cross-platform game, compromises would have to be made across the board and it would end up as a poor excuse for a PC simulator. Thanks, but no thanks.

If there is genuine interest then SimBin can make a GTR 3 spin-off aimed solely at consoles like Race Pro. They should not deprive PC users of one of the last good genres left on the system.

+1

I agree with this assessment.

To me, they need to develop a PC title and a xbox title if they want to retain their reputation and ensure enough cash is coming in to stay in business and be competitive.
If the PC version is gimped on physx, that may not mean it's going to be a bad game, maybe just a bad sim, but for example if S2U didn't have the sway and a drift driving model, it would've been an awesome racing game, and I don't know why the swaying is there, is it unfinished or incapable of calculating???

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%