As there are many negatives posts in this thread, I want to be more optimistic and positive for Simbin :)
No doubt that ACC is a milestone in simracing as was GTR2 in its time (who said ACC is its spiritual successor?), and I hope for ACC same success had GTR2. Nevertheless, there is a price for that, litterally first and second degree, as it is an elitist game which requires very high and expensive hardware to max out settings (nvidia rtx will be required for full spa 70 cars grid under rain at max settings !!!) exactly as was CRYSIS for babies (15-30 YO) or ORIGIN games for grannies (40-60 YO) like me (recall WING COMMANDER SAGA, STRIKE COMMANDER, etc...quite every Chris Roberts game was a masterpiece which required next gen computers).
So Simbin approach may be not that bad if more players can play with it and so buy it : I had always said that RaceRoom graphics were satisfying for me and I wouldn't say no to a GTR2 REBOOT with RaceRoom graphics as it will run fine on most pc with full grids and not only 15-20 cars which is kinda frustrating.
So I encourage Simbin/Sector3 to continue their great work and to ask more money to their producer/publisher in order to buy licenses : to me licensing should not be an option for GTR3 because this is DNA of GTR games. So please Simbin buy rights for great serie such as WEC (love 24h du mans), ALMS (love petit le mans), or FFSA GT (French GT championship is close to GTR spirit).
Another important point is physics : It is ok for me if you wanna add driving aids for kids and joypad players, but please Simbin keep harcore option at least at same level as RaceRoom !!!
Dear Simbin, you have decided to rebirth GTR serie, I am the first to be happy as I am a bit tired of updating GTR2 textures now, on the one hand that will certainly help you to sell more copies because there are still GTR1/2 lovers and nostalgics, but on the other hand you have more responsibility because we have high expectations as we ask for at least same features (24h races with day/night transition, pit animation, dynamic weather/track, driving school...and moddable :) ) and quality level as old GTR2 !!!
You have got still many months of work so I wish you good luck Simbin ;)

Last edited:
This is your perfect Kunos world, right? No visible polygons? Yeah hell no :)

Assetto_Corsa_count_polygons.jpg

Assetto_Corsa_count_polygons_2.jpg

And how old this game was, 3 years? 2 years? Really, it looks so old...and crappy

SimBin Birthday Tweet 2.jpg

SimBin Studios UK will celebrate their 2nd birthday next week, and as way of celebration we get two 'birthday special' WIP images from GTR3.

GTR3 has had something of an... interesting introduction to the gaming public since RaceDepartment first broke word of the return for the legendary racing franchise back in 2017, and since then plenty of discussion and speculation has come to pass by a community keen to learn more about the intentions of both the newly reformed SimBin team, and of course the main development focus of the reborn company - GTR3.

We still don't have much in the way of tangible fact in which to discuss or dissect ahead of a proposed 2019 release, but we do know that work is continuing apace at both the Manchester and Liverpool departments of the studio.

Unbelievably it has been almost two years since the name SimBin returned to the game development landscape, and to help mark the date the studio have released two tongue in cheek images from the development build of GTR3... showing some much improved tyre wall quality... :)

SimBin Birthday Tweet.jpg

Still in development, and still on course for a Q2 2019 release.. one thing is for sure, plenty more talk will be had before we finally get our hands on the much anticipated GTR3 next year...

Don't forget to check out our GTR3 Wish List thread to put down your hopes/desires for the new title.

GTR3 is expected to launch Q2 2019.

SimBin Birthday Tweet 3.jpg

For the latest news, exclusive interviews and all the background discussion around GTR3 and SimBin Studios, check out the GTR3 Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and keep on top of the news and stay in touch with the sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Two years has flown past since SimBin first reformed in Manchester, UK.. with GTR3 well under development, are you looking forward to future projects from the studio? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 65 35.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 54.9%