• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

GTL with Windows 7

Lee Madden

250RPM
Mar 23, 2009
This is not working for me..?
I did everything step by step but the repair took over when I try to launch the game I thinks its to do with the gtlegends (light) file..?
Toms pm post (thanks) say copy it to gtl file but it sits there under gamedata file?
is this wright ?? + ive tried to rename it to gtl thinking it will do it but that wont work?
and whats this gtl2008 crack people talk about is the ( light file )
or something else? I cant feckin find it any way

Im running out of time round 2 is tomorrow and I havnt got the game working....:tits:

ive installed the game
patched with 1.1
copy uidate file and put away
removed all sforce file in drivers
cleared reg of anything left from sforce..rebooted
copy light file to C;\GTL file
copy back my uidate file
rebooted for fun then tried it an nothing apart from repair windows
then its back to square 1 ??
help please

Lee Madden

250RPM
Mar 23, 2009
You just need to extract the GTL Light files directly into the main GTL program files folder.

GTL Light isn't the same as GTL 2008 - but I found that GTL 2008, which is a crack, messed up my sound. GTL 2008 is a copy of the game that was released in a German gaming magazine, it doesn't have starforce on it so the game will run with no CD and it will not moan if you remove starforce from the PC.

To clarify incase my rushed PM's were confusing.

Once you have installed the game and the V1.1 patch, do the starforce removal steps i detailed in PM, also in an earlier post in this thread.

Once you have removed starforce completely from the PC - reboot. If windows loads, your OK.

Once you have rebooted - extract the GTL Light download directly in the GTL folder - this will replace a few files and will allow the game to start. You can unzip it to the desktop and then copy paste all of the files it extracts to C\program files\GTL, saying yes it it asks if you want to replace the files.

This gives you a working game - but in German, just copy your UI data folder back in and this will restore your settings.

I hope this works, I'm not sure I have any more answers if It doesn't.

If your uninstalling the game to start again - delete the GTL folder, an uninstall doesn't remove the folder.
Thanks Tom Ill try it again :)

Piotrek Blaszczak

1000RPM
Premium
Race Ban
May 21, 2008
hi
Yesterday i buy new Windows 7 but tomorrow i sell this ........... of ......... :)
on ebay.I fight with this OS and GTL one day from 7:30AM to now and nothing.try everything but nothing help.Microsoft shame you :).I return to my XP.in this system everything looks ok.For me even Ubuntu is better than Vista or 7 because is for free and is a matter of time when we play in ours favorite games :) on this OS :D

Jun 22, 2009
I managed to get it to runing on win7 :)

It works perfectly, You just need the GTL Light, and do as Tom did. It helped me. There was only problem with sounds but then I solve it.

So don't give up - it's possible!

Lee Madden

250RPM
Mar 23, 2009
extracts to C\program files\GTL, saying yes it it asks if you want to replace the files.
Im sorry but when you extract/copy paste it does not ask to replace ANY
file it goes right in..open GTL and its there.. GTLEGENDS under GAMEDATA ??

If you open the gtlegend file you see files same as if you open gamedata file... so am I missing something ?

Im lost on this one sorry :struggle:

Lee Madden

250RPM
Mar 23, 2009
This is not working for me..?
I did everything step by step but the repair took over when I try to launch the game I thinks its to do with the gtlegends (light) file..?
Toms pm post (thanks) say copy it to gtl file but it sits there under gamedata file?
is this wright ?? + ive tried to rename it to gtl thinking it will do it but that wont work?
and whats this gtl2008 crack people talk about is the ( light file )
or something else? I cant feckin find it any way

Im running out of time round 2 is tomorrow and I havnt got the game working....:tits:

ive installed the game
patched with 1.1
copy uidate file and put away
removed all sforce file in drivers
cleared reg of anything left from sforce..rebooted
copy light file to C;\GTL file
copy back my uidate file
rebooted for fun then tried it an nothing apart from repair windows
then its back to square 1 ??
help please
ryan I tried this mate but it still didnt work...
if I do it again i will loose everything iv added progs an stuff or will I ?

Jun 22, 2009
I didn't actually removed any star force driver by my self I found StarForce Removal Tool on Star Force www.

Also try to run it with administrator privileges and in Win XP mode.

If it starts to repair windows it fully unistales whole GTL.

Piotrek Blaszczak

1000RPM
Premium
Race Ban
May 21, 2008
OK i fight another day but still nothing.i remove Star Force install GTL Light and when the game was start windows 7 tell my: "The application not working" or something likie that.
Any ideas :D ?

David Cuthill

250RPM
Jan 24, 2007
Piotrek, the only thing I can add is that when I installed it using just GT Light, it didn't run for me. No error or anything, the game just didn't launch. I then used GTL 2008, copied back my UiData folder and it worked.

I don't know if I followed Tom's instructions exactly but the other thing different for me is that there were no Startforce drivers installed at all so didn't need to remove them.

Oh, I'm on 64 bit. Not sure if it makes a difference.

Ryan Callan

500RPM
Sep 30, 2008
I found GTL wouldn't run with GTL-Light by itself, I had to use GTL2008. You just gotta make sure the gdb file extensions are all lower case for it to work online.

Tom Wilson

250RPM
Jul 25, 2009
I have to admit my method may not be perfect, it was really trial and error for nearly a week for me until it worked.

Lee Madden

250RPM
Mar 23, 2009
Ryan I got it working with the crack but online wont work so what and were is the file you mension for lower case ?? Im nearly there:)
I got to take boys out swimming now Ill be back around 7:15 ish
I should be able to make the race if I can sort it with your help
catch u later

Ryan Callan

500RPM
Sep 30, 2008
You have to go into the GameData folder, and every file that ends in .GDB you need to change to .gdb, ie lower case. The Locations folder needs it too.

Lee Madden

250RPM
Mar 23, 2009
You have to go into the GameData folder, and every file that ends in .GDB you need to change to .gdb, ie lower case. The Locations folder needs it too.
YES.....:pray3:

Ryan it works great.. big thanks to all who helped :)

for the future do i need to do it for mod/tracks ??

i just need the skins and im sorted

cheers

Follow RaceDepartment