GTL Troubleshooting Thread

My default game went a bit wobbly, last night game froze between race 1-2 doggy clutch as well.
Today I fired it up found that my profile was there but my credits were gone and some tracks were grayed out also my online settings were lost :confused:

Strange never happened before lucky I have two other installs for league & F1-67, so after some head scratching I copied over my profile and all was back in place :thumbsup:

Just wondered if any one has had this issue ?

Today I fired it up found that my profile was there but my credits were gone

I've had that problem very regularly a couple of months ago, it was driving me nuts constantly making new profiles to fix it again.
Not sure I've totally solved it but it seemed to be due to my on-line code and log in details, It would happen every time I joined the on-line lobby and left again.
Do you have more than one installation and then use different on-line codes and or log in names?
Are you using the Steam version, that one gave me no end of hassles. If you are using Steam, have you tried moving the whole GTL Folder out of steam and making a new shortcut to launch the game from the new location?

Rupe is aware of all of my investigations to solve this problem, but I'm still not confident it is fully resolved. I'm still a bit nervous about the current Simbin Server. :unsure:

Seems okay now my other installs are just copies of the main GTL using the same profile.

Fingers crossed it stays that way for you Paul. Mine has been ok lately too.
Strangely, when I was having this problem, it was doing it to both of my installs, the GTL Club and the RDHCS ones. Both were digital download versions, but not the Steam version (I dumped it when I was having these and more issues).

It's quite a mystery but a damned annoying problem.

Hi guys. I now have GTL working fine on my setup... loading bar, full XD and all. My PC however, is still not booting up 1st time and this seems to be getting progressively worse. Halfway through windows is loading screen, it all goes quiet then the monitor goes into sleep mode.... and that's all she wrote. I ran a boot log mode and got a message to the effect of "hard drive partition 2, no execute". Anyway, I'm gonna get a guy over here to re-install windows. I don't wanna do this coz it took me ages to get my Thrustmaster racing wheel working on W7. So, what is the consensus of opinion on reverting to XP as an OS? I know where I am a bit better with XP. What would be the pros and cons? I'm running an I7 processor and a G force 610 graphics card with 2gb ram and I think 12 Gb ram on the PC. You would expect a decent frame rate with this but FRAPS showed about 5 FPS at the start of a race the other day... with all graphics options turned up full tilt though.

I got issues as well this week screen lock ups game related, getting fuzzy blue flecks in game menu and screen locking up when exit game mostly some times at start up. Steam is also acting up with Race07 & GTR got an error in Steam about "boot-strap-er ??. Ghost screens from desktop sometimes have to hard reboot. The hot weather is not helping at the moement

Think this could be graphic card related may re-install for starters.

any suggestions ?

Hi guys. I now have GTL working fine on my setup... loading bar, full XD and all. My PC however, is still not booting up 1st time and this seems to be getting progressively worse. Halfway through windows is loading screen, it all goes quiet then the monitor goes into sleep mode.... and that's all she wrote. I ran a boot log mode and got a message to the effect of "hard drive partition 2, no execute". Anyway, I'm gonna get a guy over here to re-install windows. I don't wanna do this coz it took me ages to get my Thrustmaster racing wheel working on W7. So, what is the consensus of opinion on reverting to XP as an OS? I know where I am a bit better with XP. What would be the pros and cons? I'm running an I7 processor and a G force 610 graphics card with 2gb ram and I think 12 Gb ram on the PC. You would expect a decent frame rate with this but FRAPS showed about 5 FPS at the start of a race the other day... with all graphics options turned up full tilt though.

Denis Betty, sorry for not replying sooner,
well looking at your pc specs there is a problem somewhere, you should be getting good fps with it, and it should run GTL maxed out no problem at all,
i would say something has got mixed up somewhere along the lines and it is this that is giving you issues.
dependiong on the size of your hd you need to partition of the drive and run windows in on part
a section of 120 gig for windows will do this and then the rest you can put all your games and other stuff in
so for me ask for a C,D,E,F drive
C=120 gig for windows
D=system reserve 100gig
E= games
F=back up
you could always set up a partition and have win 7 installed on one and XP on the other.
tell the guy who,s fixing the pc what your after.. or ask for advice.

when you get it back just post and we can go through the GTL setup with you. it will help if you can have t/speak up and running also

Ha ha! Well Rupe, strangely enough that's pretty close to what we've done. It seems we had an issue with running 2 graphics cards (one Nvidia and the other AMD). We removed the AMD and also a second HDD which had previously given problems when trying to install windows on it, but seemed fine to use as back up storage. Anyway, yesterday my techie mate installed W7 on one partition and XP on another and set up a third partition for games etc. I also have an ext HDD for back up.... so, it seems we're agreed. I pick up my PC in the morning so I'll run FRAPS for XP AND W7 and let you know the results. Fingers crossed, the guy says the PC is running fine now. :cautious:

GTL 2013-07-14 14-54-45-04.JPG
Not showing FPS in XP but around 80...Better.
Similar FPS in W7.... Definitely not better.... even with processor affinity set to 6 of my processors (I save one each for Teamspeak and FRAPS). I do have full use of the buttons on my old Thrustmaster wheel on XP though so guess which OS I'LL be using from now on? :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.