AC GTE / GT2 @ Silverstone GP - Wednesday 13th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a good fun first race on soft tires. Some good battles. Hit a kerb on the exit to turn 1 near the end and went into a mad instaspin which convinced me to switch to mediums for the second race... Bad call. They were more steady but too slow. Got up to 11th from starting last, but on cold mediums I was very soon last again trying to keep the pace first time out on cold tyres. I only started to get going with them on the last two laps but there was noone close enough to catch at that stage! Some practice on them beforehand they might have worked. Found my usual few dodgy corners to work on for future races. More on this track than usual!

Thanks to john for organising.

Less said about the first race the better. :(
A good second race, nerves got to me in the end, tried to stop Chris slipping up the inside, unfortunately like a twit
left enough room for an inside pass, could have moved again. Unfortunately that would not be within the rules.:(
My tyres were going home, if I had known Chris’s tyre were worse than mine, may have fought harder. I had assumed he was on mediums. Andreas, then John, both were not far behind, so thought I may loose three places instead of one.
Doesn’t Chris’s have any respect for the old folk.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Great race @Medilloni John, silverstone is a difficult circuit. Well organised.:thumbsup:

Thanks @Medilloni that was a very enjoyable couple of races. I had a couple of good but short battles with @HF2000 and @Stefano La Commare in the second race. Sorry for basically reversing into you guys at the Luffield hairpin, but I was so slow in those mediums on the Ferrari in the second race... slow but spectacular...

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_ks_silverstone_13-5-120-21-57-26-edit-srgb-1080-01.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_ks_silverstone_13-5-120-22-11-35-edit-srgb-1080-01.jpg

Less said about the first race the better. :(
A good second race, nerves got to me in the end, tried to stop Chris slipping up the inside, unfortunately like a twit
left enough room for an inside pass, could have moved again. Unfortunately that would not be within the rules.:(
My tyres were going home, if I had known Chris’s tyre were worse than mine, may have fought harder. I had assumed he was on mediums. Andreas, then John, both were not far behind, so thought I may loose three places instead of one.
Doesn’t Chris’s have any respect for the old folk.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Great race @Medilloni John, silverstone is a difficult circuit. Well organised.:thumbsup:

Great battle Ernie! I really was looking for any opportunity there :thumbsup:

Huge thanks for your feedback guys, so appreciated, and also for the uber fair racing with you all :inlove:

Had some really great moments.... when I was there! My apologies to those behind me for disappearing suddenly in the 1st race, had a black screen coming onto Wellington Straight, screen stutter became black screen and pulled over best I could. 2nd race my eyes couldn't take any more:laugh: Sadly, it seems connected to RHM - my pc is old and won't take stress easily!

Hope you enjoyed tonight and will post next event tomorrow afternoon:)

A very enjoyable race for me last night. In both races I was involved in race incidents which placed me at the back of the field. But I had surprisingly good race pace which resulted in quite a few battles and overtakes. The Ferrari felt very good, especially in Maggotts and Becketts in which I gained a lot on the Porsches. My laps were about 1 to 1,5s slower then the times of the front guys where normally the gap is larger.
Maybe they should give the 458 another chance next time.

Anyway, muchas gracias to all for racing and of course @Medilloni for organising.

Yeah I couldn't stay with you Han and was pushing too hard which caused a spin in race 2.
I went with the mediums as I just couldn't manage the shifts in qualli.

@640er you seemed quick Andreas what Tyres you run on the M3?

Yeah I couldn't stay with you Han and was pushing too hard which caused a spin in race 2.
I went with the mediums as I just couldn't manage the shifts in qualli.

@640er you seemed quick Andreas what Tyres you run on the M3?

Mediums, I felt more comfortable using them (they kept pressure and temp constant) instead of the softs. Front left was deep red after one lap and not recovering (with softs).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back