AC GTE / GT2 @ Mugello Circuit - Weds 5th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Between a rock and hard place with GT2, when a car really needs it’s braking performance.
And I’m under pressure, I really struggle, practice, perfectly ok, but under stress something has to give, cannot feel both my feet. Acceleration is okay, just up and down. Braking needs a 100% concentration, I just cannot feel anything. If my feet get misplaced I have to stop and see where they are. Thats a bugger.:confused:
The problem is when I lock up, consequently no steering, I then have to back off but cannot tell how much because I have no sensation to aid me.

It's probably a silly idea, but have you looked at tactile immersion as a potental aid/substitute for the lack of sensation that you have in your feet?

Code Brown at Turn 8!

:poop::poop::poop:

Not sure if I triggered that with a slight lift or not, could never get a consistent line through there for some reason. I did notice your car jumping back and forth by a car length or so compared to me due to latency (not sure if you or me) so maybe that played a part too.

Last edited:
then I managed to lose the back end
Cherry red rears? I was trying to hang on to you in race 2 and for quite a few laps we were both being pretty consistent until I saw your rear break traction between 8 and 9, which seems a really unusual place to lose it so I figured your left rear was a bit bruised and battered?

i managed to stay with the pack for quite a few laps
You got into a great rhythm early on in race 2. I remember not being able to make any real headway into catching you until you started to tussle with Ivan, then we both did the 'after you, no after you, no after you...' bit as we desperately tried to avoid each other! :D

Load cell, I have some really great pedals, I need them, He engineering pro’s

I would be lost without them.:)
Ok so little room for improvement there then :roflmao:

Maybe try some grip tape on the brake pedal surface, the stuff you find on the edge of steps and on the top of skateboards that you can get a roll of on eBay for about a fiver. I put some on my G25 pedal when I converted to load cell as my shoe was slipping up the pedal face when braking hard, but I also used to find my foot would drift left to right and I'd struggle to feel if it was on the pedal correctly or not (using VR so not easy to look). The grip tape helps that too though as you can feel a lateral resistance if you try to slide your foot left to right so can feel exactly where the pedal is without needing to look.

great races i really enjoyed them, i managed to stay with the pack for quite a few laps until i offed it into the gravel, after somone mentioned me being on the super softs for the first race and pitting after 15 mins as they were undrivable i went on mediums and they were miles better, thats another thing learned about tyres.
see you all next wed:)
Well done, Kev :thumbsup: ! I guess it won't be long or we will have some battles together!

Apologies to @Daniel Nieto for contact; wasn't my intention. Similar to Albon at the GP.

Really wasn't feeling the cars this week, the Porsche just wanted to understeer and plough through a lot of the turns no matter what I changed on it. It's a Porsche! Understeer should be VERBOTEN!

Did enjoy the Corvette more but switched to it far too late to become super familiar with it. Not sure if it was the track or the cars this week but I was getting pretty annoyed in practice. I shouldn't have let it get to me but it was a bit disheartening having done so well at the Red Bull Ring and then feeling like a mug here.

Ah well, hopefully Imola will be better, with a Porsche that I actually know how to set up :thumbsup:

Cherry red rears? I was trying to hang on to you in race 2 and for quite a few laps we were both being pretty consistent until I saw your rear break traction between 8 and 9, which seems a really unusual place to lose it so I figured your left rear was a bit bruised and battered?

You got into a great rhythm early on in race 2. I remember not being able to make any real headway into catching you until you started to tussle with Ivan, then we both did the 'after you, no after you, no after you...' bit as we desperately tried to avoid each other! :D
It flusters me in traffic as I’m trying to let faster drivers past but not end up in the barrier. I remember you behind me and I thought you was going to out brake me going into the corner so I stayed on the outside but then you didn’t I thought has he gone off track then you was at the side of me and made me jump :))

I am okay, :thumbsdown:with two scenarios, with cars that don’t have abs .
Not brake dependant, ie Abarth 595 or circuits were you are basically scrubbing speed off on entry.
I use the brakes a lot for controlling the front of the car, without abs and cars like the gt2 where you are on the limit all the time, and not being able to find the braking limit, it is easy to lose the car mid corner.
lacking the feel to accurately bleed of the brakes towards the apex.
I have cups on each pedal to hold my heals and side plates to keep my feet in situ.
I particularly like gt2, but without abs it is totally frustrating. ( my main argument is that in sims your are driving without the most important part of driving totally missing, seat of pants feel )
My pedal application is like a square wave, abs is a filter that turns it into a sine wave. Bad analogy, best i can do.
I rarely come off in Gt3 unassisted, gt2 it is the norm, and it is always the same reason, fast entry.
Thank you for your suggestions, very kind of you.
As I said before, in practice when I can put 100% concentration into just my braking it is not much of a problem, when I am racing it becomes impossible.

Did not mean this to be any more than a
moan to release my frustration with Gt2.:(

It flusters me in traffic as I’m trying to let faster drivers past but not end up in the barrier. I remember you behind me and I thought you was going to out brake me going into the corner so I stayed on the outside but then you didn’t I thought has he gone off track then you was at the side of me and made me jump .

I don't get quite a flustered as I used to, but I still have a lot to learn, my biggest problem is that it tends to throw me off my rhythm. My advice would be to not worry about those coming up fast and just try and be consistent, i.e. take your normal line if possible but keep an eye out for anyone impatient and just lift a little to let them pass. I didn't help in this incident, I was not really lapping much quicker anyway and I had totally messed up the exit of the previous corner so you got the run on me and had taken the place back. I was staying over to the side so I didn't accidentally rear end you if you braked earlier than I was expecting (or I fluffed up my own braking), but that then just caused total confusion between the two of us! :D I thought you did a great job leaving space and taking the place back cleanly. I had a bit of a 'mare of a race to be honest as I kept getting a bit over confident with the car, so I suspect you did a much better job overall than I did. :thumbsup:

Thanks for turning out tonight last night guys, looks like it was good fun and clean racing. Congrats to the podium finishers as always, great lap times and consistency! :thumbsup:

Apart from my Coq Au Vin up in the last corner (1st race), sorry for all of you guys involved, my own fault - made the fatal mistake of watching Han go off, lost concentration watching for him rejoining and just lost it:( Couldn't rejoin 'cos I was hit so many times I didn't know where I was:laugh: Enjoyed the rest of the race though, and the 2nd was fun too, lots of fair battles going on out there:)

Disappointed I didn't get within a second of my pb all night, couldn't fathom it at all - just terrible understeer with a car that felt perfect 2 nights ago. OT (my customary excuse!), but I'll put it down to tiredness due to the Mrs getting the whip out to finish a work of art:confused:

Disappointed I didn't get within a second of my pb all night, couldn't fathom it at all - just terrible understeer with a car that felt perfect 2 nights ago.
Exactly the same here John, I was driving a completely different car, thought it was Just me. I usually practice with race loaded fuel. ????? So it was not that.

Last edited:
Exactly the same here John, I was driving a completely different car, thought it
was Just me. I usually practice with race loaded fuel. ????? So it was not that.
Yep, practiced with race fuel and mediums throughout - though when I get chance to practice it's usually during the day/early eve and I can concentrate, soon as it gets near my beauty sleep concentration goes out of the window :(

Anyway, if I feel sleepy for next Weds race, I can sleep in the back......:whistling:

John sincere apologies for missing this. Was a busy work day then looked at the clock last night and it was 9.10pm and thought :poop:
Can't believe I completely forgo about it but the fact I'm not getting race thread email notifications anymore isn't helping.
And I really love Mugello and was looking forward to it. ****

Think it was more down to my setup tried to stop the understeer by adding more front wing and running just 1 or 2 on the back can't remember.. But I just touched the kerb on the apex and around it went :( I reckon you would have had me before the end of the race anyway lol.

John sincere apologies for missing this. Was a busy work day then looked at the clock last night and it was 9.10pm and thought :poop:
Can't believe I completely forgo about it but the fact I'm not getting race thread email notifications anymore isn't helping.
And I really love Mugello and was looking forward to it. ****
No worries George, hope to see you for the next one. If you're not getting notifications maybe our good friend @Neilski can help? :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%