AC GTE / GT2 @ Mugello Circuit - Weds 5th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Spare cars @ 7:20 UK time, if you take one, please copy 'n paste the list below, adjusted with the car wot you stole in your post:-P

BMW - 0
Corvette - 2
Ferrari - 2
Porsche - 3

So it looks like the 'vette really does have a place for the beers :D

1596652295004.png

Great races everyone, that was really tight with @pattikins in R1 :thumbsup: I was constantly checking the lap times on realtime to make sure Patrick wasn't gaining, but towards the end he made up a good chunk to put me under pressure :)

R2 was a lot of fun, I had two minor offs both in the long right hander in S3 which set me back a bit, but I really enjoyed racing with @Locoblade and @Kek700. Great racing guys :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for organising John! I had a great time.

Awesome racing by everyone.

Just before the start of Race 1, my wife displayed her feelings by switching off my PC. Quickly managed to join back in and made it to the grid. As the 5 red lights came on, I gave the pedal a bit of a rev and nothing happened. Oh great, my wheel was not connected!

Race 2 was much more enjoyable. Started mid-pack and had some lovely battles with @Medilloni @pattikins @Interslice @stribbeck and pretty much everybody else to be honest. Thanks for a very professional and clean racing guys.

Now if you don't mind, I have a few questions that I need to answer to the boss :roflmao:

Brilliant racing again chaps, I was on the verge of dropping out as we've had a bit of a whirlwind day having an offer accepted on a new house (with a spare room so I might finally be able to upgrade from a wheelstand pro and camping chair that needs packing away every time!) and my head wasn't really with it but glad I did in the end.

Annoyed at myself for binning it at what will forever be now known as "Chris" corner (the last right hand hairpin) early in race 1 whilst trying to outbrake someone around the outside which dropped me to about 7th. After a couple of great dices I was inching back on @HF2000 for the last podium spot but not really enough to catch him until he unfortunately went to play in the sand and gifted me 3rd with a couple of laps to go :(

Second race was also great fun, some good dicing at the start with a stunning overtake of @Chris Down * to add to my CV. After Chris got back on track and re-caught/passed me and Ernie in front went off I had a bit of a mid race lull with a few seconds gap in both directions where I lost concentration for a lap or two and dropped a second a lap (seems quite easy to do at this track) which possibly ultimately cost me 2nd in that race. Great consistently quick driving by @pattikins and @Sheashant L to catch me though, couldn't quite live with that pace but I somehow managed to hold the latter off on the last lap to cling on to 3rd again, not sure how.

* OK he was in the gravel at "Chris" corner :roflmao:

Between a rock and hard place with GT2, when a car really needs it’s braking performance.
And I’m under pressure, I really struggle, practice, perfectly ok, but under stress something has to give, cannot feel both my feet. Acceleration is okay, just up and down. Braking needs a 100% concentration, I just cannot feel anything. If my feet get misplaced I have to stop and see where they are. Thats a bugger.:confused:
The problem is when I lock up, consequently no steering, I then have to back off but cannot tell how much because I have no sensation to aid me.

ABS eradicates that completely, once setup I can just hit them hard and steer.

Because of this, racing in Gt2 is a night mare, enjoy the setting up bit, but the racing on some circuits is really difficult for me.

That aside, I did actually enjoy the good bits of my racing with you guys, so well done podiums and especially to John @Medilloni for all his efforts.
Enjoyed our brief encounter too John, like old times, but I really needed ABS to not end up sliding off.:(

Enjoyed that tonight. Thanks to @Medilloni for organising! Congrats to the podium!

I didn't have a great quali. Not sure if it was the imagination or early nerves but the car felt better with the fuel onboard especially through the 'nascar' section. Started 8 in R1 and tipped along to finish 4th without having to overtake anyone. Rounding the last bend with one left to go @Kek700 and @HF2000 were parked up off track and i just had to hold of ernie for 1 lap. He nearly had me over the line!

Race 2 was my first ever start in the front row in 2 nd behind ernie... It was just a matter of survival! I threw the soft tyre preservation society membership out the window and tried to hold off as many bimmers as i could. Good clean overtakes by everyone! My tyres faded in the end trying to catch john but it wouldn't have mattered. All of a sudden, in one sector 2, he was gone into the distance.

See you all at the next race :)

Between a rock and hard place with GT2, when a car really needs it’s braking performance.
And I’m under pressure, I really struggle, practice, perfectly ok, but under stress something has to give, cannot feel both my feet. Acceleration is okay, just up and down. Braking needs a 100% concentration, I just cannot feel anything. If my feet get misplaced I have to stop and see where they are. Thats a bugger.:confused:
The problem is when I lock up, consequently no steering, I then have to back off but cannot tell how much because I have no sensation to aid me.

What pedals do you use Ernie? Are they potentiometer based or load cell?

great races i really enjoyed them, i managed to stay with the pack for quite a few laps until i offed it into the gravel, after somone mentioned me being on the super softs for the first race and pitting after 15 mins as they were undrivable i went on mediums and they were miles better, thats another thing learned about tyres.
see you all next wed:)

Awesome racing by everyone.

Just before the start of Race 1, my wife displayed her feelings by switching off my PC. Quickly managed to join back in and made it to the grid. As the 5 red lights came on, I gave the pedal a bit of a rev and nothing happened. Oh great, my wheel was not connected!

Race 2 was much more enjoyable. Started mid-pack and had some lovely battles with @Medilloni @pattikins @Interslice @stribbeck and pretty much everybody else to be honest. Thanks for a very professional and clean racing guys.

Now if you don't mind, I have a few questions that I need to answer to the boss :roflmao:

Enjoyed our battle was only a matter of time before you got past me was doing my best to keep you behind lol,
Race 1 was going well until I had attack of the bad ping and was teleported inside another car apologies to who ever that was.
Race 2 was good was just about hanging onto the back of @Medilloni then I managed to lose the back end :(
Struggled with the porsche deffinatly using the ferrari next time lol
Thanks got organising the event @Medilloni

I really enjoyed this one. I love to drive the Ferrari. Finally a car that suits my driving style. Wish I could find this with a GT3 car.
I used the setup from a Silverstone race with soft tyres. It was only during the last minutes of practice that I tried the mediums. It turned out that I was even faster with them, probably because the LF front soft tyre was in the red zone after the fast double right handler. So last moment I decided to use the mediums in the race which turned out to be a good decision.

Qualified 6th but when Sheasant disappeared from the grid I had a free field towards turn 1 and managed to take the inside ending up 3th. Most of the race I was cruising at that position because Patrick and Chris were way to fast. I could hold @Locoblade on about 1,5 s but then my pedal board slipped away so I missed my brakepoint. Try to go on but in the next turn it happened again and I hit @Kek700 (sorry Ernie). I decided to go back to the pits and fix the pedal board thoroughly for race 2.

Before the Corona crisis I never removed the steering wheel of pedal board but now that I'm forced to work from home I have to do this every working day. Not everytime that goes well and especially with the high temperatures these things sometimes happens during the race :( .

I started 13th in race 2 and had some nice battles on the way to finish 7th. Quite happy with that.

Thanks all for joining and @Medilloni for organising:thumbsup:!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back