AC GTE / GT2 @ Mugello Circuit - Weds 5th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Working until ~7pm every day this week so won't have a lot of practice but can you put me down on the list please John, car TBD.

Are there any cars that are obviously faster/slower/easier/harder to master than others or are they all pretty evenly matched in the right hands?

Working until ~7pm every day this week so won't have a lot of practice but can you put me down on the list please John, car TBD.

Are there any cars that are obviously faster/slower/easier/harder to master than others or are they all pretty evenly matched in the right hands?
Hey Chris, glad you can make it :)

Re your question - I'd take a guess the Porsche is ultimately quicker, tho I can't get my head round it (wish I could!) - if you're OK with them go for it.

The Corvette is great to drive, doesn't feel (or sound!) quick, though it's very forgiving and there's some that can really peddle it - if I could get the extra .5sec compared to the bimmer I'd use it. The Ferrari is good but I have little experience with it.

I use the BMW purely because it's easy to drive out of the box, and I nabbed a selection box of setups:laugh: If you choose the bimmer just shout and I'll put a BMW setup up that feels safe (imo!) - don't know about it being quick though!

Last edited:

I'd say it really comes down to personal preference and the track with these. Not a whole lot between them. I like the corvette but it's slow on the straights so probably going to struggle here.

I gave 3 of the 4 a few laps earlier (all bar Corvette), of the three I felt most comfortable in the Ferrari closesly followed by the Bimmer, less so in the Porsche. I was very much still learning the track though and probably didnt give them all an equal crack of the whip so will try some more laps tomorrow night and make a choice.

I was going to use the Porsche as I actually found it more forgiving than the Corvette, but I tried the BMW last night for a few laps and found you have to be really brutal on the gas to get it to kick you off, so I'm thinking of swapping. It does seem to have a reluctance to rotate compared to the Porsche though, so timing the turn in seems a tad trickier for me, but I'm still learning the track so I could not really tell if it had any impact to my lap times

Interesting... Could fit in here in future. BOP is apparently the same as the corvette and porsche.

It will be good to have another car in the mix, put some effort to day in setting the Ferrari up, eventually got it as quick as the Corvette and BMW , also really took to it, in my humble opinion it very competitive here, probably the best drive here too.

It will be good to have another car in the mix, put some effort to day in setting the Ferrari up, eventually got it as quick as the Corvette and BMW , also really took to it, in my humble opinion it very competitive here, probably the best drive here too.
I'm getting nowhere with the bimmer Ernie, so might try it again - I enjoyed it last time.

Feel free to swap again if you want (and anyone else), I'll put the race server up around 6pm.

@Medilloni John, You should if you have time give the Ferrari a bash, it was really quick and you could really push it. My biggest problem was that I could not make it work so well with the mediums. Why I am not sure. I was going to run it with the softs, managed at least 8 or 9 laps with them, just ignore the over heating.
But then the Corvette was rapid too, a bit more of a sedate and measured
ride, but it liked the mediums. I think the 30% restrictor killed its top speed.
I found the 911 a bit of an awkward drive, slowest for me of the four.
If it was not for the track temps I would have gone Ferrari on softs, but the track temps made it a risk.

The problem is, it is little old me saying this, when the big guns come to play none of it will mean too much. .:(

@Medilloni John, You should if you have time give the Ferrari a bash, it was really quick and you could really push it. My biggest problem was that I could not make it work so well with the mediums. Why I am not sure. I was going to run it with the softs, managed at least 8 or 9 laps with them, just ignore the over heating.
But then the Corvette was rapid too, a bit more of a sedate and measured
ride, but it liked the mediums. I think the 30% restrictor killed its top speed.
I found the 911 a bit of an awkward drive, slowest for me of the four.
If it was not for the track temps I would have gone Ferrari on softs, but the track temps made it a risk.

The problem is, it is little old me saying this, when the big guns come to play none of it will mean too much. .:(

I think the softs will work if i drive it slow and smooth. Pushing hard they start to really cook... Couldn't get going on the meds either but didn't give them much time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.