AC GTE / GT2 @ Mugello Circuit - Weds 5th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi @Monkified I hope that those laps we did together will help you a bit. Next time let's use the teamspeak that we're using during the races so I can give you some verbal advice.
it was great thanks han, i did my fastest lap, can you wait for me in the race lol.
it proved what i thought that i was doing wrong i turn into the corner too early causing me to go wide then off track so thats what im going to work on.
ive only just got myself a headset the other day ive just not had time to set it up.
thanks again

I would not be too concerned about that Kev, not saying you should dismiss it, I am assuming you are using monitors or monitor, that is something that takes time to sort in your head.
When you let someone drive your rig for the first time, they never get it, use VR, they get it straight away. A lot of that is down to depth perception.:)

I am making a lot of assumptions in the above.:rolleyes:

it was great thanks han, i did my fastest lap, can you wait for me in the race lol.
it proved what i thought that i was doing wrong i turn into the corner too early causing me to go wide then off track so thats what im going to work on.
ive only just got myself a headset the other day ive just not had time to set it up.
thanks again
Ey up Ken, too early an apex is probably the biggest single mistake many of us fall into at some time, it's a form of self-preservation if you think about it!:laugh: Driver 61 offers paid tuition here on RD, but for free, these tutorials are absolutely brilliant imo - simple, clear and no waffle! https://driver61.com/uni/ hope you find it useful :thumbsup:

I would not be too concerned about that Kev, not saying you should dismiss it, I am assuming you are using monitors or monitor, that is something that takes time to sort in your head.
When you let someone drive your rig for the first time, they never get it, use VR, they get it straight away. A lot of that is down to depth perception.:)

It's hard not too. A real sim racing habit. I call it looking into the corner with the steering wheel, where irl id just turn my head or move my eyes! Trying to really force myself lately to take better lines through hairpins and 90deg + corners. It's just feels very unnatural to let the corner out of sight for so long.

It's hard not too. A real sim racing habit. I call it looking into the corner with the steering wheel, where irl id just turn my head or move my eyes! Trying to really force myself lately to take better lines through hairpins and 90deg + corners. It's just feels very unnatural to let the corner out of sight for so long.
I use the Real Head Motion app. It helps a bit for this, especially with almost blind corners like turn 2 in Laguna Seca or T4 and Luffield on Silverstone.

I use the Real Head Motion app. It helps a bit for this, especially with almost blind corners like turn 2 in Laguna Seca or T4 and Luffield on Silverstone.

I tried it and track IR for a while but couldn't get used to either. Made the corner entry easier alright but corner exit a bit trickier. I'd rather be a bit slower than spin out. Decided just to stick with the rigid head until I get more screens or VR on the go.

On the gear front that brake pedal mod is going well. Only have it fitted a week now but it's a big improvement. tldr Basically you are adjusting the brake now with small movements of your foot rather than your whole leg.
g29 waffle: My feeling is on gt3 it's not going to make much difference but on non abs cars its great. zero to full brake is about 1inch (the first 1/4 of that is deadzone, nothing happens) of pedal travel, instead of 3 to 4 inch with the standard. If you skip to 5:30 in the video I posted and watch the first corner you can see how many different adjustments I make to the brake pressure in the first. Definitely couldn't have done that with the old pedal, not with out doing full elvis leg anyway!
1 inch is 25.4 mm :p

Last edited:
Ey up Ken, too early an apex is probably the biggest single mistake many of us fall into at some time, it's a form of self-preservation if you think about it!:laugh: Driver 61 offers paid tuition here on RD, but for free, these tutorials are absolutely brilliant imo - simple, clear and no waffle! https://driver61.com/uni/ hope you find it useful :thumbsup:
just had a read through that john looks interesting, gonna watch a few of the vids and ive sent for the free assessment :)

ive a got a vr setup but prefer the 3 monitor setup i think its a bit less messing about than with the headset and i do get the occasional motion sickness when you spin round as much as i do:) i tend to stick to the indy car ovals in vr.
i just need to keep at it and try to set the car up a bit better, ive been looking at the setup sheets somone posted the other day which are good

You know what, you have made me change my mind @Sheashant L . @Medilloni I'd like to take the 'vette for a spin tonight if that is ok. I'll mostly probably have an off-track regardless of what I am driving, so I might as well do it in a car that makes me smile :)
i like yer style dudesm.jpg

Done for you Scott, hope you have a fun race buddy ;)

Gonna pull out of this one, just cannot find any pace at all and it's majorly pissing me off a bit :(

See you Sunday
Sorry to hear that Matt - I guess they're not for everyone all the time. I'll still be leaving a few spares on the grid in case you just fancy joining for a lark later on;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.