GTC-65 Shelby vs Jaguar @ Laguna Seca - Thu 24th October, 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-65 Shelby GT350 vs Jaguar E-Type Coupe # 820
Track: Laguna Seca ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (15 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (15 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read these rules.
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 =Shelby/ Race2 = Jag Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson - shelby / Jag #820
  2. Paul Bennett - Jag #820 / shelby
  3. Antonio Tavares - shelby / Jag #820
  4. Milos Litavec - Jag #820 / shelby
  5. Andrew Jarnell - shelby / Jag #820
  6. Yves Larose - Jag #820 / shelby
  7. Hiroshi Awazu - shelby / Jag #820
  8. Allan Ramsbottom - Jag #820 / shelby
  9. Denis Betty - shelby / Jag #820
  10. Steve Walker Jag #820 / Shelby
  11. Jack Smith Shelby / Jag #820
  12. Carlos Diaz Jag #820 / Shelby
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you cant race with guys you have not seen drive. WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
I've been on the server last night to build the base setups for both cars. No questions regarding the Shelby, but I used the shortest gearbox for the Jag, and its still a bit long for this track - I only used 4th gear for a short while after passing the start finish line, all the rest of the circuit is done with 2nd and 3rd gears.
Anyone got the chance to compare the shortest gearbox with the next longer one, using only 3 gears during the lap, and possibly 1st gear on the corkscrew and last corner?

Great fun both races, despite these type of cars not being my favorites.
Anyway I managed to finish 2nd in both, with great fights from start to finish. :thumbsup:

Sorry @Yves Larosse for contact in T1 2nd race: you lost too much speed dodging Alan and going with 2 wheels off track, caught me by surprise and I had nowhere to go. My first reaction was to dodge you by lifting and going wider to the right, but Rupe was there right next to me, and I didn't had time to brake. Luckily it wasn't necessary to wait for you (which I would have done later in a safe location with less cars around), because you managed to quickly regain speed after me by catching the asphalt lane on pit exit and pass me at T4.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back