GTC-65: Lotus 7 @ Donington Park - Tue 29 th October 2013

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Class: GTC-65 Lotus 7 series 1 ( Download )
Track: Donington Park National & GP( default )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Track: National
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 2020 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Track : GP
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 ( 14 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race 1 We will be racing the shorter National circuit
Note 5: Race 2 We will be racing the GP circuit
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please

Server password:
click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Antonio Tavares
  3. Paul Bennett
  4. Hiroshi Awazu
  5. Dave Flower
  6. Steven Walker
  7. Allan Ramsbottom
  8. Guus Verver
  9. Peter van Zanten
  10. Denis Betty
  11. Hyji Sinderin R2
  12. Markus Hakamo
  13. Yves Larose
  14. Roland Warmenhoven
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
@Hyji Sinderin

Hi, and welcome to our Club! ;)
Hyji, most of us expect that signed up drivers will have enough practice time on the track to be able to drive in a safe way. If you're not sure you can have this minimum practice time before the qualifying session, please find some time to do some laps to get familiar with the car and track before the race, even if it's offline practice.
I wish you great moments of fun with us, see you on the track! :thumbsup:

Just a note to all the drivers we will be using the Racelog for the result and hot lap tonight to see if it all works with GTL..:O_o:
so we are testing the service out to see how it can benefit our club:)
Just drive in the same manner as we normally do, there are no changes to rules everything just as before.:thumbsup:
Do not feel any pressure from this. Its used now in a few of the sims i race and being able to look at the results and hot laps is good for the nostalgia.

Thanks @Rupe Wilson & @Steven Walker, it was great event!

Was last minute decision for me to race, and I am glad I came :thumbsup: I entered the car for the first time 9pm when the event went live 10pm. In R1 I was default setup apart from fuel and I was not completely satisfied with car. Qualified 4th but made I mistake in first laps and dropped the back of the pack. In the very end of the race I had nice battle with @Denis Betty, he finishing just 0.1s ahead or so :).

In 2nd practice I made some changes to setup mainly to cope with tyrewear and understeer and also changed one step shorter gearing. I have noticed also earlier that this track is extremely hard to front left tyre if you try to go full speed all the time, and that will cause severe understeer in medium and fast right hand corners, e.g. T1.

I made the last setup combinations (altering tyre pressures and caster) just beffor quali. Setup felt right for me a tyre wear seemed reasonable so I decided to take risk and use it without proper testing.

Started again 4th, but made again a mistake in second or third lap in T4 and dropped to dead last. I tried catch guys in front and had long nice battle trying to pass Denis. In the end I got ahead before back straight, but then there was a small contact in chicane, he hit me back slightly. At the time I wasn't sure what happened, but then I noticed he dropped back a bit.

Couple of laps later I had small contact with @Dave Flower in the corner before back straight going two wide in the corner before back straight. I think I left enough room but he spun and I decided to wait him, at the same time Denis also passed us both. I wasn't sure if I was guilty either or both incidents, but I anyway felt 50% guilty twice being somewhere someone other did not expect, so I guess it was right thing to wait for both them. Besides that is what club racing is, not winning or losing but having fun and good time on track.

Couple of last laps we had some more nice battle. Thanks gents and every one who showed up!

Last edited:
Had some good fun in the practice sessions leading up to the race, Really good fun.. thanks guys for your input in testing really appreciated.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Race 1 was a lonely affair i had been practicing all afternoon after meeting Guus on the server and had been blown away by his speed. and had managed to claw some of it back for race 1
but no Guus...:(
so i spent most of race 1 pulling a gap to second place with no real racing i even crossed the finish line and had not realised the race was over it was 3/4 of the way through lap 14 ( inlap )
that i hear the banter that the race was over:redface::redface:

Race 2 was great fun Still was 1/2 second a lap behind Guus.But was having a great battle with Steven. until i came into the last turn and my gear stick woes returned.
and then every lap after that i spun due to double shift and sticky gears... GRRRRRRR:mad:
but it was still great fun driving these cars, congrats to all, it looked good fun in the replays.

i will have to sort out the g25 gear selector so might have to revert to paddles until i have a solution for this problem :cry:

but on the bright side, these cars are FUN FUN FUN !!!!

@Hyji Sinderin

hope you enjoyed yourself las night, dont worry about the speed it will come, i was way of the back when i started and with the help form the drivers with tips and lines i was soon upto speed.

we try and keep things simple,
being smooth is the biggest tip i can offer, but we do have a hint and tips section for the sim..
Found HERE

setting up your wheel i would say no lower than 540 deg 22 deg steering lock ingame is about right for a nice feel, this can alter a bit depending on feel..
i use 900 and 25 to 28 in game, it helps me with slides,

the best way is just to get out on track with the guys and watch and ask question, we usually have setups but learning the track can save more time than any setup.

hope to see you on track soon for more fun.:)

just ask if you need help with anything

Hi all,
I wanted made my first race with you, i join my PC late : 21h10 for race to 22h00 (french hour)
1 hour for practicing seems enought good... but my wheel (DFGT) dont think the same as me and he dont want to works... must uninstall - install all the driver logitech ... it's work at 22h00 ... i try to join and server show me that it in practice mode I FINALLY JOIN !

- Ok i remember the car and found a old setup for it that i can try to stay in the racingline.
- Ok, i remember this track... i drove on this few year ago...
- Grrr my name is not good... (i dont change it on the good way on GT Legend=> ok for the next race, i found how it's work after the race :p)
- i made 2 lap 9:99- 9:99 => all of you are on 9:99 - 9:99... i'm slow... #edit#No lap time here ;)#
End of practice

Q = 10eme 1 guys is enought fair to dont late me the last place on the grid :p

Race : i made my practice lap and try avoid any contact : finaly i made a 9:99, not too bad. Overtake some of you when you go in grass :D Sorry for the guys i block on 1 spin out. i manage for end the race on the TOP TEN ! ;)

Thx all for the fun

See you next race i can join.
Hyji

Scuse me for my bad english langage
Edit : oO no lap time Oo :)

Last edited:
Race 1 was a lonely affair i had been practicing all afternoon after meeting Guus on the server and had been blown away by his speed. and had managed to claw some of it back for race 1
but no Guus...:(
:(

Sorry for not being there in the 1st race, I got home a lot later than expected :( Race 2 was very lonely for me so I just ended up hotlapping, which is a lot of fun with this car so I didnt mind. Some battles would have been nice though, come on guys you can be quicker than that:p
thanks all for showing up and racing and I would definitely be up for more of this car:thumbsup:

Enjoyed the Lotus 7 racing a nice & easy driver fun was had.
It was a bit lonely for me did n't see much action at the back for 2 races, but did some good hot laps in :)

@Yves Larose , a big sorry for the contact in qully 1, I was the breaks but no stopping sorry for blowing you fast lap :redface::redface:

@Hyji Sinderin , Glad you could make the race it's a good club stick with us. Also try not to post your lap times in post's, it's just one of the rules of our club :thumbsup:

And don't worry about your English as some of us are rubbish at French :D

We don't usually discuss lap time on the forum, but most of us know when we practice online what each others lap times are.:)

Its a rule that has a plus side and a negative side, the last thing we want is to put drivers off with the posting of fast times, and them oh im too slow, when i fact with a bit of help you are mid pack having fun with the rest of the guys, get on track with the guys its the best way to learn.:thumbsup:

if you're using a DFGT Paul has the same wheel i've used one in the past they are ok for the job in hand its all about setting it up.

maybe Paul can show you how he has his set up, over the last few weeks he has made a few changes in his wheel and driving and is now getting faster and more consistent every week.:thumbsup:

he has used the FFB setting form Warren and placed it in his PLR file and says it a improvement
i always use 50 % sensitivity on the wheel this is giving 1to1 which is best im my opinion and other drivers also use this in our group. CLICK ME
just copy and paste into plr file (backup your original one first)
once it in there just start the sim don't try to set the wheel, you can change the strength slider but don't adjust other stuff the wheel is set to go..
with DFGT pedal maybe turn the sensitivity down to 10% this give you more control over the early pressing of the brake,

the logitech profiler is virtually the same we use for a G25 here is a link to how i have my my one set (most of the guys use the same settings) CLICK ME

Dont worry about the language barrier, im English and my grammar is just as bad.
just post away we will always try to work out what your saying.:)

Just post if you're unsure

if you can understand spoken English ( we will speak slowly ) drop into T/speak and maybe we can help more..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back