GT5 GT5 Racing Club - General Discussion

Stuart Pocock

I'M BACK... Again :)
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to do events for GT5 and I'm struggling for ideas on what would get the community on GT5. Are there any suggestions?

sorry for thread typo: it was supposed to say what do you want

After a few races and few minutes of head scratching and 10 million credits later, i've come up with a few ideas which could get the ball rolling. In the next week or so keep a eye on the GT5 racing club as there will be events going on

Good luck getting feedback. If you get some let me know, as I'd love to know the secret of getting the GT5 community talking.

After ten months I all but exhausted most of the well matched cars. Perhaps unfair matches are the way to go? Tried a race at Spa and no-one signed up.

The point I was trying (and apparently failing) to make with my sarcastic remark is that the events I posted were all fully tested for a considerable period before being posted. This was to ensure the cars were well matched, putting people on a level playing field and maximising the chances for close and exciting racing. You can not rely on the game's useless PP system or the power/weight restrictions to provide this kind of racing... it can only be ensured by extensive manual testing by a human being. Of course it didn't always work out perfectly in practice due to the wide ranging levels of driving ability by RD members, but at least the events were fair for all.

And for me, that was always the key... fairness. If people want makeshift races with loose restrictions that allow badly matched cars to be pitted against each other, then they can get it from public lobbies. If they want races with no supervision and no incentives (namely, penalties) to stick to a simple set of rules, then they can get that from public lobbies too. However, it is my opinion that RD should be offering more than that. It's why people come here in the first place, to get away from crappy public-style racing.

It is my personal opinion that a community run club won't offer the kind of quality racing that most RD members want and expect. But maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell.

We don't organise anything for GT5 anymore because, as Bradley said, the interest just isn't there. You can see for yourself just how dead the forums have been for months. This is partially because of the constant online issues the game has suffered since release, but also because there is already a very large online community dedicated solely to the Gran Turismo series. That's probably the best place to start if you're looking for GT5 racing and leagues.

Don't tell me PD is still working vigously to add more Skylines to the game?

Lmao! sorry just kidding around, had to throw that in.

That's not a joke since it's almost true. They're still working hard adding more vehicles to the 1000 car line-up with paid DLCs, but are ignoring various issues that have hampered the game since the day of release. If it was anything else then you might be able to put up with it, but since online racing is the only thing worth doing in GT5 it's unacceptable.

Can i say one thing regarding connection issues, I was taking part in a 4 hour online endurance which I won :). During the 4 hours of racing there was no connection issues. There two factors with online issues is PD server's are rubbish and secondly the host, In all the lobbies i have in, hosts who have a poor internet connection tend to have the most issues.

Can i say one thing regarding connection issues, I was taking part in a 4 hour online endurance which I won :). During the 4 hours of racing there was no connection issues. There two factors with online issues is PD server's are rubbish and secondly the host, In all the lobbies i have in, hosts who have a poor internet connection tend to have the most issues.
It would take more than one event to convince me that GT5 was worth playing online again. I've had perfect races too, but just as many crap ones.

The host thing goes without saying, but I've raced on both public and private servers hosted by people with 20mb+ connections which have been absolutely abysmal.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back