GT5 GT5 Racing Club - General Discussion

Stuart Pocock

I'M BACK... Again :)
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to do events for GT5 and I'm struggling for ideas on what would get the community on GT5. Are there any suggestions?

sorry for thread typo: it was supposed to say what do you want

It would take more than one event to convince me that GT5 was worth playing online again. The host thing goes without saying, but I've raced on both public and private servers hosted by people with 20mb+ connections which have been absolutely abysmal.

I totally understand what you are saying Ross, i was surprised myself that were no connection issues during the race. If anyone is interested i don't setting up a "test" lobby in my private lounge so see what happens.

ive been hosting gt500 class races daily and had no problems with connection at all for the past 10 days or so.
people have been coming back after every day to compete in my lobby.
i usually run races of 10 to 30 laps with all assists off(abs is on). it is always interesting and pitstops play quite a big part as everybody is gambling on what lap he will go in and what tires will be chosen. the key is to find a fast setup that also wont kill your tires to fast.

if anybody is interested about gt500 class races then i could make a topic and see if people sign up. i guess we could start when we get like 7-8 people and the rest can always join in later

I know many people who have problems when the lobby hasn't got a Fixed Ownership.

If the owner of the room has a stable connection, then all should be fine with Fixed Ownership, more people can join without problems.

I have done many races with my friends where the only option is to set the lobby to Fixed Ownership because half of them can't join due to their connection's which aren't good enough for GT5.

i find that hard to believe unless they are living under a rock.

but still if they have so bad connection then i would say it is time to update.

it would be quite dumb to host a league race on a fixed connection rathere then the p2p, because when the host gets connected then all of the racers are [REMOVED]

Mod Edit: Language like that is NOT ALLOWED on RD in any form. This is a family friendly community.

The problem is, to play online for GT5 without problems, you need a very good internet connection (stupidly) and anyway, if the host of the room has a good connection, then it is very very very unlikely that they will lose connection.

It is better. I have been using the Fixed Room Ownership for ages and it has allowed people to race online freely.

PS: It isn't always about what internet provider they have, it could be where they live, financial issues etc.
This isn't the main point so can we please stop talking about bloody Fixed Ownership or not. The main point is about a test event.

im interested about gt500 or gt300 class cars(gt500 i like more)
racing with some high end streetcars or exotics is just plain boring for competing.

my idea would be a proper season with the proper racecars

THAT IS NOT THE POINT. We are trying to sort out just a basic test race to see if the interest is here and if connections are okay. We aren't discussing about leagues right now.

THAT IS NOT THE POINT. We are trying to sort out just a basic test race to see if the interest is here and if connections are okay. We aren't discussing about leagues right now.

You are right there Brad, also for a league to take place there HAS to be a large amount of interest. If i remember correctly during the club racing the GT500 always seem to have relatively small turnout

It's a known fact that fixed ownership reduces connection issues regardless of the connection speeds of the host or peers. If you do not know that then perhaps you have been living under a rock Elvis. :rolleyes:

Also, this thread is about GT5 racing in general so anything regarding that subject can be discussed here... including LEAGUES. If you want to discuss something specific then make a dedicated thread. Do not tell people what they can and cannot talk about when it falls within the thread's subject.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%