AC GT4 @ Kyalami - Wednesday 23rd September 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Struggling with the Maserati, cannot get much pace from it, anyone got a setup from the Skippy I can use.

OIP (2).jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
Too bad the XBOW doesn't fit in. Did some laps in the Porsche as it looks and sounds very nice but no way that I can match my times with the Ginetta.

So one RHD for me pls

Too bad the XBOW doesn't fit in. Did some laps in the Porsche as it looks and sounds very nice but no way that I can match my times with the Ginetta.

So one RHD for me pls
RHD??? I'm shocked Andreas... it's the wrong side 'fer ya :p

Yeah, the X-Bow with all the weight and restrictor ruined it, still nearly 2 secs faster than the others and felt horrible:(

RHD??? I'm shocked Andreas... it's the wrong side 'fer ya :p

Crazy I know :D but unfortunatly, I have to run a very low FOV of 33 (that's still not low enough to match my mathematical correct FOV) and with the Ginetta the A-pillar takes up a lot of my view so I have to choose which type of corner I want to see and which I have to enter blindly :O_o:

Screenshot_ginetta_gt4_2017_lhd_kyalami_2016_20-9-120-11-8-28.jpg

Adding on top, the glance left/right/back function stopped working and now I'm feeling like driving a tank

Last edited:
Thanks for the research!

I'm in. Please put me in a Maser! ;)
Welcome Erik, good to see you:thumbsup:

Crazy I know :D but unfortunatly, I have to run a very low FOV of 33 (that's still not low enough to match my mathematical correct FOV) and with the Ginetta the A-pillar takes up a lot of my view so I have to choose which type of corner I want to see and which I have to enter blindly :O_o:
pic
Adding on top, the glance left/right/back function stopped working and now I'm feeling like driving a tank
I had that problem with the glance thingy Andreas (although I never use it:redface:), it was after I uninstalled a head movement program/app. Verified the game files in Steam and it worked again - dunno if it would work for you?

I had that problem with the glance thingy Andreas (although I never use it:redface:), it was after I uninstalled a head movement program/app. Verified the game files in Steam and it worked again - dunno if it would work for you?
Uhh that's a great hint thanks :thumbsup: I tried the CSP head movement app (but did not stick with it) a few weeks ago. Very likely it's related to that, have to take a look.

@640er
I realise I might be saying something inappropriate, as I do not know the full circumstances of your situation, but as saying something stupid comes quite naturally to me , why break a habit of a life time.:confused:
Triple monitors does not have to be clumsy and space consuming or ultimately expensive.
I ran three 21” monitors, admittedly, I had a Gpu card with three Hdmi or was it three dvi ports.
Bought three 21” monitors second hand for £90 , knocked up a stand for them, ran them at 60hz, certainly solved the FOV problem I had using the correct FOV and one monitor.
They were much lighter than 27” monitors, much less space consuming, much less expensive, much better image quality and did 95% of the job. In fact I would without feeling much of a loss go back to that at system.

@640er
I realise I might be saying something inappropriate, as I do not know the full circumstances of your situation, but as saying something stupid comes quite naturally to me , why break a habit of a life time.:confused:
Triple monitors does not have to be clumsy and space consuming or ultimately expensive.
I ran three 21” monitors, admittedly, I had a Gpu card with three Hdmi or was it three dvi ports.
Bought three 21” monitors second hand for £90 , knocked up a stand for them, ran them at 60hz, certainly solved the FOV problem I had using the correct FOV and one monitor.
They were much lighter than 27” monitors, much less space consuming, much less expensive, much better image quality and did 95% of the job. In fact I would without feeling much of a loss go back to that at system.

Agreed -- another potential option is you can also buy a first generation Rift nowadays from eBay for about 100 pounds or so. I still use mine :thumbsup:

I'm hoping to be free for this one - please put me down as a probable :thumbsup:
(I reckon I'll take the RHD Ginetta, mostly cos I've at least tried it - had hoped to try the others too but what the heck...)

@640er
Agreed -- another potential option is you can also buy a first generation Rift nowadays from eBay for about 100 pounds or so. I still use mine :thumbsup:

Thanks guys for those tipps. Currently I'm moving back to my hometown Vienna and when all is done I'll plan to upgrade my "rig" a bit. I'm really tempted to try out the new Reverb G2 VR as they look very promising in terms of image quality. I had a Rift CV1 for a couple of weeks but was not satisfied with the image quality and moved back to my normal screen. Let's see what the Reverb G2 has to offer.. Plan B would be the triple screen setup. Interesting to hear, that 21's get the job done as they are really cheap to get second hand :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.