AC GT4 @ Kyalami - Wednesday 23rd September 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just learned the track two hours before the race and chose Porsche as I knew I wont be fast anyway. As well first time in the Cayman.
Managed to do a mid 1.50 in the race but could not go the pace of Ginettas ad they were much quicker at corner entry and exit. But had fun and some good battles and no major mistakes.
Thanks for organising. Cu next race.

I could do with a relaxing drive after these few, mostly hectic weeks of racing.
Five in front all came together and I hot footed right between them all, did not have to lift much either. Neil followed, as he was quicker let him go and just followed. No one behind, so nothing to worry about for the first race.
Second race, pretty much the same apart from George, I tried to open a gap so he would try and close it and hopefully have an off, that did not work. Eventually fought his way past, that was more of a relief for me, did not have much more than the odd lap of pace, so that was enevitable really, tried to pressure George a few times, but he was having none of it.
As George had pressured me for some laps, I needed more than a mistake or two, needed a good gap to make life easy for myself, The finish flag came and that was that. Two good race positions that my ultimate pace did not warrant.
Many thanks to @Medilloni John for a great event, unlike most of you these are not my favorite cars at all, but some very fast laps by some, some great racing too. :)

Oops, sorry I'm late to the party! Just wanted to say thanks for a couple of great races to all of you, and for the great turnout too:).
Really enjoyed the battles, @Neilski, @GEO147, @Axel Moebius, @Erik Axelsson, and @Medilloni, it's a pleasure to drive in the same races with you all :inlove:
^^^^^^^THIS! Couldn't have said it better Chris, fair racing throughout the field - - close fast 'n fun!

Wish I could have stayed with Neil, Chris, Erik and Axel, but didn't have the pace - was great to watch from afar though!... and how @Erik Axelsson went in the Maser, wow, fantastic lap times buddy - at some point I remember letting you by 'cos I wanted to see if you could disrupt the party ahead:laugh:

I've always picked the G55 in the past but glad I tried the Maser, found it very hard to be consistent 'cos I was on the ragged edge all the time - it's certainly less forgiving than the Ginner, in my hands anywho! Will definitely try it again, and as mentioned in the after-race-natter, will try the G55 with a touch more ballast next time, 100kg should do it:whistling::p

Really hope you can join for next Weds chaps, the car and track seem perfectly matched, and dare I say it, could have much more overtaking opportunities than Kyalami. Thanks again guys, hope to see you at the next one:).....

Last edited:
at some point I remember letting you by 'cos I wanted to see if you could disrupt the party ahead:laugh:

Haha, I remember I thought it went a little to easy to get past since you too were fast and as usual very consistent but that explains it.

I'll make some changes to my rig next week. Hopefully it will be together again until wednesdays event. It looks like another great combo :thumbsup:

For anyone who really enjoyed this as much as I did, come join us next week on Sunday for the GT3s, also at Kyalami!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%