AC GT4 @ Kyalami - Wednesday 23rd September 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks guys for those tipps. Currently I'm moving back to my hometown Vienna and when all is done I'll plan to upgrade my "rig" a bit. I'm really tempted to try out the new Reverb G2 VR as they look very promising in terms of image quality. I had a Rift CV1 for a couple of weeks but was not satisfied with the image quality and moved back to my normal screen. Let's see what the Reverb G2 has to offer.. Plan B would be the triple screen setup. Interesting to hear, that 21's get the job done as they are really cheap to get second hand :thumbsup:
I will be very interested in your opinion of the Reverb G2.

@HF2000
I bought the rift S on it’s much improved specification and reviews over the CV1, I found the faffing about with it a pain, I found the image quality to be miles off where I would want it to be. ( Had tried the CV1 before )
I imagine from passed experience, I would feel the same about the marginally improved G2. You would really need to go somewhere and try it, reviews are miles off of reality.
From my perspective it would need a revolutionary advance to make me move from monitor, monitors to VR.
And I am definitely a convert and no way anti VR.
I want to be using my monitor for the basics then fire up the sim, put the head set on and go. Maybe it is just that for others, for me it was just constant messing around with it and then the big down side that when it was all working the picture was shite, yes I do mean shite. ( my system had no problems driving it at 80 hz and with high quality settings )
The good news was I paid £350 for it and sold it for £550.:):)

I don't see any Porsche on the grid. Let's fix that:

Sign me in, please!!
Welcome Alejandro, a Porsche for you :) , and ...
style1.jpg

@HF2000
I bought the rift S on it’s much improved specification and reviews over the CV1, I found the faffing about with it a pain, I found the image quality to be miles off where I would want it to be. ( Had tried the CV1 before )
I imagine from passed experience, I would feel the same about the marginally improved G2. You would really need to go somewhere and try it, reviews are miles off of reality.
From my perspective it would need a revolutionary advance to make me move from monitor, monitors to VR.
And I am definitely a convert and no way anti VR.
I want to be using my monitor for the basics then fire up the sim, put the head set on and go. Maybe it is just that for others, for me it was just constant messing around with it and then the big down side that when it was all working the picture was shite, yes I do mean shite. ( my system had no problems driving it at 80 hz and with high quality settings )
The good news was I paid £350 for it and sold it for £550.:):)

It's not the first time that you've been highly critical of virtual reality headsets. Are you sure that you're not a born again Monitorist?:p:laugh:

monitorism.jpg

Last edited:
I want to be using my monitor for the basics then fire up the sim, put the head set on and go. Maybe it is just that for others, for me it was just constant messing around with it and then the big down side that when it was all working the picture was shite, yes I do mean shite.
For me it was a fair bit of faff to begin with, but now I have everything setup it really is 'fire it up and put the headset on'. I find my gaming PC a load of faff in general though; I'm not used to windows and I keep having to look up what to click on, so I only use it as a glorified VR headset controller.

G1 rez is not too shabby. Distant objects tend to be a bit blurry, but I think that actually might be my eyesight; certainly no noticeable screen door effect, but it does feel like you have a diving mask on. The controllers are not too great though. I put them back in the box after a couple of goes and used the batteries in the TV remotes around the house.

I have tried going back to flat screen racing. It looks *way* nicer visually and is definitely more comfortable. It reminded me of a point in my life about 15 years ago when I bought my first bike. It was less comfortable, far less practical and a right bloody faff getting changed either end of the journey. I sold my car 2 months after and bought another 2....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back