AC GT3 @ Zandvoort - Sunday 4th September 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Sunday we're heading to the Zandvoort, for some GT3 racing!!

52319372118_050542a20a_o.jpg

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Link to the RD community on S.GP is here. You need to sign-up and join to access our race servers.

Need a warm-up or want to start online/multiclass racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 +1 multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Zandvoort99.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

Event details:
  • Track: Zandvoort, Holland
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Improving grip, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

I really didn't expect this result. When I saw how four cars pulled away on the first lap, I thought: ok, once again something wrong with the strategy.
I assume there were problems somewhere with the other drivers that it ended like this.

But great. Great race :thumbsup:

By the way, can you see what tires the other cars have on during the race?
Is there an app?

and it seems I phantom bumped Paul on the end of lap 2. I'm terribly sorry. I guess it was my internet.
Terrible driving evening on my part. Still don't seem to get the hang of the gt cars.
Thanks for the apology Paulo, :thumbsup:I did wonder why you didn’t wait, seems like you didn’t know you you went right under the back of me lifting me well into the sand at Tarzan. Never mind, hope you have better luck next time.
Before that excursion onto the beach, :DI was having a good battle with Casper.
After the pit stop I came out just behind Colin and on fresh rubber we had some epic moments, the Z4 just not quick enough down the straight to make the pass but eventually got by at the chicane with a couple of laps to go.
But great fair racing, well done podium and thanks to Brian for organising.

Last edited:
Shame about the internet issue Paulo and the freeze's Thomas :( . I've been having some freezes of my own, but luckily they didn't show up today.

At the start of this week I wasn't a huge fan of this circuit, but after the mx5 race on wednesday, then this one today, I'm updating my rating :) The first lap here might as well be a formation lap with the already lack of of passing opportunities. Fun to start at a track like this knowing the racers around you aren't going to cut you off (too badly ;)).

Had a great 25min battle with Colin in the first half of the race. Stuck to him pretty closely, but couldn't find the oomph to pass. What wing were you running colin?

Went for the undercut and eventually was a second and a half ahead of colin post him pitting, but unfortunately, he decided he wanted to race with Paul instead :p and touched a bit of grass and dropped back .

Sounds like others had some good racing too. Think I might have to give the 650s another try on the tracks for the GT3 championship :thumbsup: Thanks as always for hosting brian and everyone else for showing up :)

Last edited:
I got the strategy right for the McLaren, it was only the “nit wit” behind the wheel, twice I tried to save time and freewheeled , twice it did the die of death slow spin + one catch with the tyres in the red, so got away with the third spin, still lost loads of time.
What is even more annoying it is that you lose so much time waiting for the tyres to go out of red.
But “he ho” another race, another day, pleased with the pace, managed to run softs , with no overheating issues.:)
So that leaves me saying well done podiums and Brian for organising this event.:)

seems like you didn’t know you you went right under the back of me lifting me well into the sand at Tarzan.
I could not make it what you said on the radio but I thought that if I had hit you like that, you would sound a lot more angry than that and keep saying more stuff. The weird part is that it was completely smooth on my end. I have had internet glitches before and it's just as messy on my end. but on this case. my wheel did not feel anything from the "massive" contact that sent you flying. Neither did my speed or trajectory. Also from my memory which matches my replay file, there wasn't any "time jump/glitch" during all the time I was trying to catch up with you. I wonder how it looked on your replay.
At first I thought you hit casper but in the back of my head, I think I knew it might have been my fault since I had seen your rear going up and not simply a spin.

Nice race this evening. Thanks to all who took part. It felt like a much bigger grid than it was, given all the action.

I went for mediums with a 50:50 fuel on 1 set of mediums. Again it proved a more fun choice than the 1 litre stop. Pity @Kek700 spun his maccer and @thom462 had technical issues

Now that i was in the lead the 50:50 fuel was a problem!

With the maccas gone, only a little over 10 minutes in, @H_Belane and @demetri didn't get into a massive scrap and the audi was soon all up in my mirrors. I thought Dmitry would just choo choo past with the first tow he got on the pit straight, out of the last corner, but to my surprise the straight line speed of both cars was pretty similar. The last 2 corners seemed about the only section of the track I could match home for pace! Maybe the dirty air was helping me.

At this point I went full Trappatoni playbook and parked the bus. The ferrari behaved itself and I was able to hold the R8 behind until the pitstops. I was very shocked a lap later to see Dmitry was on the same strategy? Or a 1 litre stop. Either way he made the call to wait for me to pass to resume the fight. Trying to stop Hank getting the undercut on me was gone and the trapp tactics were back! Miraculously the Ferrari behaved itself for another 30 minutes and I could hold him off again.

It really is a very difficult circuit to overtake when the car you are trying to pass knows the over taking spots and doesn't touch any grass or spin. I felt like the ferrari was the gt-r :)

Similar to the 1 litre strategy, maybe the better option was to let Dmitry through straight away and try and open a gap to Hank, but where's the fun in that :). Wasn't going to get much tow of Dmitry either!

Congrats to Hank for the win and well done who all who survived :geek:

Last edited:
I could not make it what you said on the radio but I thought that if I had hit you like that, you would sound a lot more angry than that and keep saying more stuff. The weird part is that it was completely smooth on my end. I have had internet glitches before and it's just as messy on my end. but on this case. my wheel did not feel anything from the "massive" contact that sent you flying. Neither did my speed or trajectory. Also from my memory which matches my replay file, there wasn't any "time jump/glitch" during all the time I was trying to catch up with you. I wonder how it looked on your replay.
At first I thought you hit casper but in the back of my head, I think I knew it might have been my fault since I had seen your rear going up and not simply a spin.

No worries Paulo, it's one of those things. I don't get angry nowadays, just focused on getting out of the gravel and catching up, plus I lose concentration if I start talking too much on the radio. I take the view that what happened is in the past and we could sort it out after the race.

I'll try to get the replay up from my POV but for now here s a photo of you heading underground at T1 taking me with you.

1662361372503.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice race this evening. Thanks to all who took part. It felt like a much bigger grid than it was, given all the action.

I went for mediums with a 50:50 fuel on 1 set of mediums. Again it proved a more fun choice than the 1 litre stop. Pity @Kek700 spun his maccer and @thom462 had technical issues

Now that i was in the lead the 50:50 fuel was a problem!

With the maccas gone, only a little over 10 minutes in, @H_Belane and @demetri didn't get into a massive scrap and the audi was soon all up in my mirrors. I thought Dmitry would just choo choo past with the first tow he got on the pit straight, out of the last corner, but to my surprise the straight line speed of both cars was pretty similar. The last 2 corners seemed about the only section of the track I could match home for pace! Maybe the dirty air was helping me.

At this point I went full Trappatoni playbook and parked the bus. The ferrari behaved itself and I was able to hold the R8 behind until the pitstops. I was very shocked a lap later to see Dmitry was on the same strategy? Or a 1 litre stop. Either way he made the call to wait for me to pass to resume the fight. Trying to stop Hank getting the undercut on me was gone and the trapp tactics were back! Miraculously the Ferrari behaved itself for another 30 minutes and I could hold him off again.

It really is a very difficult circuit to overtake when the car you are trying to pass knows the over taking spots and doesn't touch any grass or spin. I felt like the ferrari was the gt-r :)

Similar to the 1 litre strategy, maybe the better option was to let Dmitry through straight away and try and open a gap to Hank, but where's the fun in that :). Wasn't going to get much tow of Dmitry either!

Congrats to Hank for the win and well done who all who survived :geek:
Well done on one set of mediums. I was going to try that strategy but my rears were more than half worn so didn't see how they'd last a whole race. How much did you have left at the end?

Shame about the internet issue Paulo and the freeze's Thomas :( . I've been having some freezes of my own, but luckily they didn't show up today.

At the start of this week I wasn't a huge fan of this circuit, but after the mx5 race on wednesday, then this one today, I'm updating my rating :) The first lap here might as well be a formation lap with the already lack of of passing opportunities. Fun to start at a track like this knowing the racers around you aren't going to cut you off (too badly ;)).

Had a great 25min battle with Colin in the first half of the race. Stuck to him pretty closely, but couldn't find the oomph to pass. What wing were you running colin?

Went for the undercut and eventually was a second and a half ahead of colin post him pitting, but unfortunately, he decided he wanted to race with Paul instead :p and touched a bit of grass and dropped back .

Sounds like others had some good racing too. Think I might have to give the 650s another try on the tracks for the GT3 championship :thumbsup: Thanks as always for hosting brian and everyone else for showing up :)
Front splitter on, rear wing 5

Really enjoy this track and found a nice setup on YouTube - although he managed a 1:36 with it and I could only manage 1:38.3.

Qualified ok and for me got a good start. Robert soon closed up and we had a good battle up until the first pitstop. Was going to try without a tyre change but they were already half worn so that scuppered that idea. Popped out just behind him and couldn't quite keep up. Then put a wheel on the grass an lost 15secs.

Casper got past while I was on the grass so I started chasing him. He then had a weird glitch that saw him crash for no reason. The car just seem to spin round and off on a straight. My ping also shot through the roof at the same time so I wonder if they were connected?

Paul was then next in line to hound me for another twenty minutes before finally getting past on the last but one lap.

Still can't seem to find the pace I can manage in qualifying - but having close battles for an hour certain help me keep my concentration.

Thanks for organising Brian

To whom it may be of interest.:O_o:
I looked at the reply to see what happened.
Just shows how the brain does not fully understand the time frame that things happen in sim racing.
First circuit off, the rear got very slightly onto the dirt and then the rumble strip, with full throttle, that was just the bad luck of mis-judging that by 6", just one of those things, silly me.:(
the second circuit off, I did nothing obviously wrong, maybe slightly misjudged entry.
The car got very slightly off line, I did not coast, kept a small amount of throttle, that was ok, then as the back kept slightly oversteering still, applied more throttle, but as that did not work, I backed off slightly.
This is where the problem was, that slight side drift entry started to overheat the rear left, and from that moment on. I was doomed.:confused:
Maybe if I had run mediums that would have given me enough of a heat margin to eliminate the problem, but as we know here the soft's are always s at their heat limit on most Zandvoort corners.
I was convinced I was coasting???

PS.
the above is a wee bit misleading, the second off was my ineptitude, a better driver would have sensed the initial slight oversteer and corrected for it when it started, dummy "I" waited for it to get too far before correcting with steering input.
:whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes