• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Sun 30 Dec 2018

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by Craig Dunkley, Dec 24, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 30-12-18
  1. Dan Costa

Dan Costa
    World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series Premium

Ratings:
    +302
    yeah right in front of me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 3
  2. ExA_Lupo

ExA_Lupo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    ahahahah

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Chris Down

Chris Down
    Premium

Ratings:
    +213
    Man, that first lap 4 wide into the right hander was something else. ;)

[​IMG]

After some fatalities in front of me, I went to go chase down @JoelK. I debated pitting to try and do the undercut to get past but eventually managed to get past on the sweeping right hander so kept my normal pit strategy.

However, it turned out my pit settings were wrong and on entering the pits I got another set of mediums, which I hadn't counted on. Thankfully it was pretty much negligible with the gap behind, so I didn't mind having some fresher tyres on. That'll teach me to change the setup just before the start :coffee:

Thanks a lot @Craig Dunkley for organising as always! This will be my last race until mid-February, as I'm travelling for work until then. I'll miss racing with you guys!

• Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Dan Costa

Dan Costa
    World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series Premium

Ratings:
    +302
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Jordan Dion

Jordan Dion
    Bluestar Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +166
    Ive been disconnected from the server at my pit stop :(

6. Zeljko "Goose" Gusatovic

Zeljko "Goose" Gusatovic
    Premium

Ratings:
    +18
    What a race! When the lights went out I realized I forgot to put the car in gear, but miraculously I didn't loose any position. I knew from qualy that @Medilloni John Powers would be the guy to beat and in the first 5 laps or so it was pretty close but I had an incident with a GTR that was overtaking me at the back straight and pulled rigth in front me immediately before the braking zone.
    Anyways, after the pit stops I ended 6 secs behind John again and I was chasing him hard and with 4 laps to go, I was less than 2 secs behind and I got too excited and crashed again. All in all great fun!
    Several times I briefly raced @Hepsta in the 911 and the first couple of times I noticed he braked very early after the back straight and later in the race when I encountered him again, he seemed to have adapted his driving and was braking as late as me and John. It just nice to see other drivers improving during the race.
    Cheers guys and happy new year!

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hepsta

Hepsta
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Cheers mate was a good race, just trying to get used to clean racing and don’t want to get caught up and cause an unessasery crash. Slightly more confidence around others and I’ll be able to start pushing around other drivers more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Chris Down

Chris Down
    Premium

Ratings:
    +213
    And as usual, my VR onboard:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,622
    @Ken Bell ..I felt really sorry for you mate :( ...you had put in hours of practice then lost your car ...sorry mate there was nothing I could do :( ..I hope it does not put you off joining us, because it is really nice to have you on board, you always speak in TS ..mate it is not just all about speed ...me and you may never make it in the top five, but I have a great time and I hope you do ..never before used track in AC club racing next week Ken :thumbsup:

10. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,622
    @Chris Down ..hope you are not away for to long Chris ...you will be missed :)

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,622
    nothing here

12. Emin3X_PL

Emin3X_PL

Ratings:
    +10
    That was my first race, and i had to retire after 10 minutes. Maybe next time i'll do better :)

13. Zeljko "Goose" Gusatovic

Zeljko "Goose" Gusatovic
    Premium

Ratings:
    +18
    Can someone please upload the replay file?

14. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +206
    Awesome race! Just watched the replay with 4 side by side at the end of the straight, huge congrats to the podium guys - I'd upload the replay but haven't a clue how to:laugh: The best race I've watched this year.:thumbsup:

As for you Zeljko.... I needed 'me heart tabs after the race :roflmao: It's the first ever GT3 race I've done without falling off the track once. Checked our race laps on Simresults and there was so little between us, spent the first half as a bag of nerves with you behind me then managed slightly better/consistent laps in the 2nd half. And if I'm honest, if you'd have got right on my tail I wouldn't have made it hard for you to get past, just wanted to finish a race for once without my usual cock-ups:p And yes, now that I've recovered, it was great fun!

...all I want to know now is how did Henri Sinik make those softs last??!!!!

Footy note: The British Saloon Championship years ago used to award 'Dish of the Day' award, my vote goes to @Hepsta Matt, watching the replay you had some amazing clean dices!:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. JoelK

JoelK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +341
    What an absolute blast it was once again. Coming into the race me, Henri and Aki knew that the GTR were way too slow for the McLaren here. I was really surprised at how long I could keep Chris behind me. After he passed me, it was just survival till the end. Made an amateur mistake in T7 which cost me P2, but sh*t happens i guess. But all n' all an awesome race with great battling, just a shame I can't do these more often atm.

Ps. How the f*ck we survived that 4wide into T5

• Like Like x 2
  16. Henri Sinik

Henri Sinik
    Premium

Ratings:
    +281
    Softs were wrong tyres for this race, I had to drive really carefully not to spin (which I eventually did on lap 6) because of overheating tyres, fell behind Aki after spin and knew I can't continue with those tyres, so I pitted early for mediums and went for undercut which worked out.

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. Hepsta

Hepsta
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Amen to that! On to the next one.

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.