AC GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Sun 30 Dec 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I just cant seem to get good times in the 911 compared to the times other are doing in the Mclaren's. Is there a big performance difference or am I just not quick enough in the Porsche?

I just cant seem to get good times in the 911 compared to the times other are doing in the Mclaren's. Is there a big performance difference or am I just not quick enough in the Porsche?
I think it's just a about finding a car you're happy with Matt, each car has its strengths and weaknesses and they can vary massively between tracks.

Saw you on the server today and you were pulling at least 10kph more than me (in a macca) on the straight, the Lambo's and GTR's are amazing for top speed too. It's a hard track to make a clean pass, so lap times times are one thing, racing for a full hour is another;)

Come the race there will be super quick aliens in all cars:confused: Main thing is, there's always great racing across the whole grid, you'll have fun I'm sure:thumbsup:

I think it's just a about finding a car you're happy with Matt, each car has its strengths and weaknesses and they can vary massively between tracks.

Saw you on the server today and you were pulling at least 10kph more than me (in a macca) on the straight, the Lambo's and GTR's are amazing for top speed too. It's a hard track to make a clean pass, so lap times times are one thing, racing for a full hour is another;)

Come the race there will be super quick aliens in all cars:confused: Main thing is, there's always great racing across the whole grid, you'll have fun I'm sure:thumbsup:

Yeh makes sense John, I’m fairly new to sim racing so I’ve just gone with a car I like in terms of looks and go from there. I’m happy that my laps are consistent just not overly quick. Bloody love this circuit though.

Yeh makes sense John, I’m fairly new to sim racing so I’ve just gone with a car I like in terms of looks and go from there. I’m happy that my laps are consistent just not overly quick. Bloody love this circuit though.
Re Chris's post above about the last Watkins Glen race (chicane version), I think that was my first GT3 race, watched Chris's video afterwards and it made a huge difference for me (as does watching others; Tariq, Henri S, Wolf, Joel... too many to mention :p) - things I should have known better; taking apexes too early, braking deeper etc etc - you can find it here, hope it helps:

Oh, and thanks for the videos/lessons @Chris Down !! :D

Last edited:
Reserve Drivers
If you have not got a place in the race event before official practice starts, please be in TeamSpeak by 20:15 UTC. Not before 20:20 UTC I will start to invite the reserve (reserve's) drivers into the event, starting at the top of the reserve list and working down depending on available slots.

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.
Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.
Hi!
Im sorry but i cant race tonight. My doughter got sick today so i have to trow in my gloves this time.
Hope to join u guys in the upcoming races.

/Steve A

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back