AC GT3 @ Thomson Road - Sunday 12th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
OK
so how does damage work, because if you hit someone after they have lost control flying at 250kph over the hump, could this mean your race could be over?
Never mind the 100G when you hit a lamp post

To be honest, I'm not against just setting damage at 0% in GT3 events in general, not like 10% really does anything anyway. So I guess it'll just be at 0% :)

To be honest, I'm not against just setting damage at 0% in GT3 events in general, not like 10% really does anything anyway. So I guess it'll just be at 0% :)
Just as well, because the crashes over the hump are so fast that cars can fly across the road after they hit the fence and there's no missing them.
It's going to be interesting with NO run off areas and camber change spins at most corners. So DONT get to close to me and hussle me into a spin- just warning you all.LOL-BTW

The only car "for" "truly" flat out over "de bump" is the 911, it is in my opinion very quick here, for me I went for the Lambo, it is just a bit more stable for me.
just my findings. :)

Personally I like 10% damage from a psychological view. Just enough to stop me from reckless driving and not enough to ruin my race by mistakes from me or others. I see that 15% also being used which is fine by me.

I also have a question I want to ask you all. I tested the 650s and 911 earlier, which are more or less fine, but missed that some of the cars are suicidal over the jump. I'm a bit worried about this -- I don't want the race to be gimmicky based on whether the car you choose happens to be compliant at the jump.

So I ask -- keep Thomson Road this week, or switch to Okayama? Whatever is decided by tomorrow morning, we'll do :)

Poll: https://strawpoll.com/yj86wfbws

The R8 is going over the jump similar to the video you posted above Chris, maybe even a fraction less air so it seems manageable.
Regardless of the track please could you put me down for the R8? I need to heed the advice and use one car all the time to gain more consistency

I’m hardly in the forefront when it comes to skill level, I have no problems with this circuit. As I said all cars except the 911 will have to lift or get the corner exactly right the McLaren is probably one of the best. The 911 takes that easily irrespective of approach.
The worst car is my favourite, GTr

I also have a question I want to ask you all. I tested the 650s and 911 earlier, which are more or less fine, but missed that some of the cars are suicidal over the jump. I'm a bit worried about this -- I don't want the race to be gimmicky based on whether the car you choose happens to be compliant at the jump.

So I ask -- keep Thomson Road this week, or switch to Okayama? Whatever is decided by tomorrow morning, we'll do :)

Poll: https://strawpoll.com/yj86wfbws
Chris, I've tried the 488 which is fine with a little lift. Flat out didn't work for me. @erazerr7: you were there also. Did you do it flat out? If so, I would very much like to see your setup or hear your setup changes to achieve this.

Chris, I've tried the 488 which is fine with a little lift. Flat out didn't work for me. @erazerr7: you were there also. Did you do it flat out? If so, I would very much like to see your setup or hear your setup changes to achieve this.

Thanks, that's good feedback.

Mostly it's just really important to me to provide you all with quality races each week, so I want to make sure the end result isn't too weird for people's tastes :)

As Han pointed out, the jump is safe/possible with a simple lift in the 488. Flat out is possible using the same line as Chris but there's about a 20% chance of landing weird and wrecking. Personally I'm running stiffer springs for the rest of the course so the drawback is a more dangerous landing from said jump, but I'll try to keep it under control during the race (unlike at Portimao :whistling:) but testing with softer springs was promising going over the jump.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.