Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

SGP GT3 Sprint @ Silverstone - Thursday 13th May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
race_day.png

See you all on track later.

Grumps82

Premium
What do you think the track temperature will be come race time ? I'm trying to setup a practice session but 22 degrees in the menu =33 degrees track temp...

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
It can change a bit as the weather isn't completely static but having said that I'd be aiming to practice with track temp of 33-37. Clouds have an impact too.

If you setup your car for 33 and it turns out to be 37 take away 1 psi from your pressures. Add 1 psi if the temp is lower than what you have practiced.

As long as you are in the ball park it will be ok

Last edited:

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
Haha, I did wonder if that thing would be a handful through the medium / high speed stuff!

Grumps82

Premium
It's my go to car on most tracks but I haven't played ACC for a week or so and struggled with it. So I went with the Ferrari as it feels far more relaxed, and obviously I want to enjoy tonight

Sascha Reynders

"Fast & slow girl, the best of both worlds"
Premium
Alright, got some practice done to familiarize myself with the track and tweaked the safe setup for tyre pressures, ride height and aero. I'm slow but ready to go ! :)

edo22

Premium
It was good to "return" to ACC, after a couple of laps in race i picked up my (slow) pace and i enjoyed some battles, see you next race guys!

Sascha Reynders

"Fast & slow girl, the best of both worlds"
Premium
I was happy with my qualifying but during the race I took too much kerb in T1, spun out and got collected by the Bentley that was on hot my tail. Don't know who was driving it, but sorry about that: it was a rookie error on my part... Repeated that exact same mistake a few laps later all by myself and ended up completely at the back of the field. To top it off I ran out of fuel on the last lap, 3 to 4 corners before the finish line because I had been pushing so hard to catch up again.
But all in all it was great fun and I learned 2 valuable lessons:
1 - Don't take too much kerb at Silverstones T1...
2 - Never trust ACC's fuel calculations...

Congrats to the podium finishers and until the next time !

Status
Not open for further replies.