ACC GT3 Sprint @ Silverstone - Thursday 13th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for me Shaun. I love a good battle especially on ACC where the radar makes life so much easier. @Sascha Reynders if you haven't got the radar on already I highly recommend finding it in the settings menu.

If you do get time it would be good to have a practice, that way you know the track well enough to just concentrate on the racing around you.

No worries: radar = on, Crew Chief is talking to me and I run in VR so I can look around freely. VR performance has been solid so far both off and online (running my Odyssey + at 60Hz instead of 90, which doesn't bother me, just a slight reduction in FOV) with 34 car grids and 20 visible cars (in heavy rain at night), but I'll check with larger grids to make sure and adjust my settings accordingly if necessary to assure performance.
My internet connection is fibre optic so pings are good, and after switching to a unique IP address and putting my gaming PC in DMZ there shouldn't be any issues anymore.

And I will put some practice in, promise :) I just can't promise it'll make me fast :whistling:

Great stuff, I've read a few posts regarding VR and it seems to have progressed nicely in ACC. I had a rift s briefly but ACC looked terrible, so did the flight sims I play so took it back and opted for an ultra wide screen instead.

Top tip for ACC club race practice - use the following settings and they should be close to what the server runs for the race.

Time of day 14:00
Ambient 22-25degrees
Optimum track condition
Aim for 27.5-28psi hot for the tyres

Looking forward to seeing you all on track. I'll be on the RD discord, pop in and say hello if you like :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Update: Another staff member pointed out that practice might be a bit short at 15mins and I agree. I've changed this to 45mins so the server start time is now 19:30bst.

SwantonRacing were spotted testing at Silverstone yesterday. We caught up with them to see how it was going.

Chris said "whoops! You can't take maggotts flat!"

Mbeet2000 said "aggghhhhhh, gravel, ouch, that was close, calling it a night"

:roflmao:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Its been a few years since I raced online, but his format looks good, so I'm going to get in the Bentley.
Great stuff! Are you a member of the RD simracing.gp community so you can join the event or do you need an invite?

Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Discord isn't required to join the race so don't worry about that. I've never really used it but as I'm staff now I thought it would be a good idea to be available in case somebody needed help or wanted a chat. If you do join for a chat I think we need radio silence for quali and the race. @Ricoow might be able to confirm as I'm new to this side of things.

We just ask you are familiar with the club rules :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Discord isn't required to join the race so don't worry about that. I've never really used it but as I'm staff now I thought it would be a good idea to be available in case somebody needed help or wanted a chat. If you do join for a chat I think we need radio silence for quali and the race.

We just ask you are familiar with the club rules :thumbsup:
Thanks for the swift reply :) thought I'd ask because text chat before or after the race (not during qualifying or race, yes: I've read the rules ;) ) will be a no-go for me because it's a real PITA in VR... Anyways, in case I would mess up in one way or another, I can always be held accountable afterwards in this thread or by PM. See y'all tomorrow on track, will probably be there halfway through practice.

Do you know what would be good.

(Now I dont know if this is possible / been done before / or a bad idea.

It would be good to have a Race Department Server running the track of choice all day in a practice mode with the correct conditions. And only the participants through simgrid can join it.

Is this possible ? I have no idea, just a thought :)

It's good to see some action in the ACC racing club, best of luck @SwannyUK

I didn't drive in ACC for more than a month because i focused more on AC, but i registered for tonight race and i hope that i can make it :)

Do you know what would be good.

(Now I dont know if this is possible / been done before / or a bad idea.

It would be good to have a Race Department Server running the track of choice all day in a practice mode with the correct conditions. And only the participants through simgrid can join it.

Is this possible ? I have no idea, just a thought :)
I think the server shuts down on srgp if no one joins after 10mins of the start time (or at least something like that) Plus it's more admin work lol.
Probably best to set the conditions offline and practice for now. Shouldn't be drastically different to 22-25 degrees ambient and dry.

Last edited:
I think the server shuts down on srgp if no one joins after 10mins of the start time (or at least something like that) Plus it's more admin work lol.
Probably best to set the conditions offline and practice for now. Shouldn't be drastically different to 22-25 degrees ambient and dry.

Yeah thats fair enough and understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%