ACC GT3 Sprint @ Silverstone - Thursday 13th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
race_day.png

See you all on track later.

What do you think the track temperature will be come race time ? I'm trying to setup a practice session but 22 degrees in the menu =33 degrees track temp...

It can change a bit as the weather isn't completely static but having said that I'd be aiming to practice with track temp of 33-37. Clouds have an impact too.

If you setup your car for 33 and it turns out to be 37 take away 1 psi from your pressures. Add 1 psi if the temp is lower than what you have practiced.

As long as you are in the ball park it will be ok

Last edited:
It's my go to car on most tracks but I haven't played ACC for a week or so and struggled with it. So I went with the Ferrari as it feels far more relaxed, and obviously I want to enjoy tonight

It was good to "return" to ACC, after a couple of laps in race i picked up my (slow) pace and i enjoyed some battles, see you next race guys!

I was happy with my qualifying but during the race I took too much kerb in T1, spun out and got collected by the Bentley that was on hot my tail. Don't know who was driving it, but sorry about that: it was a rookie error on my part... Repeated that exact same mistake a few laps later all by myself and ended up completely at the back of the field. To top it off I ran out of fuel on the last lap, 3 to 4 corners before the finish line because I had been pushing so hard to catch up again.
But all in all it was great fun and I learned 2 valuable lessons:
1 - Don't take too much kerb at Silverstones T1...
2 - Never trust ACC's fuel calculations...

Congrats to the podium finishers and until the next time !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 146 7.6%