AC Rookie Week | GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 5th November 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday, as part of AC Rookie Week, we're at Spa, for some GT3 action!!

All RD members welcome!!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department regular and premium members with their full real name added to their forum profile as well as in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Rookies mx5 event is up!

Spa-Francorchamps-F1-2022.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #8 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #8 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minute - Race

Cars (Ballast/Restrictor)

Event details:
  • Track: Spa OSRW
  • Pit stop: Mandatory stop between 10 and 50 minutes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Race Comms

Recommended Apps

Non Premium? Just post below/send me a PM for passwords and server info.

Sign up via link closes lunch time on race day, but you can still sign up below in the forum!

Sign up info (New members welcome! Post below or send me a PM to get a signup account!!)

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 3 warnings before a drive through penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

Last edited:
Regular Sunday drivers!

As it's rookie week there is a new password and discord server(same discord server as previous rookie weeks). Send me a pm or message below if you need help!

If you have any tips/setups etc. for new drivers please give them a post.

Rookies!

The RSS Mercer/Bayer is probably the best place to start with imo. The rest can be tricky to drive for a full 1 hour race.

Last edited:
Well it hurts me to say, but the Porsche is probably not the best car for this track :cry: I love the RSR here but the 992 is so unstable and I can not find a good setup. Not even talking about tire wear.
So I will go for the BMW GT3 here, I like it a lot as it is stable by default and nevertheless fun to drive. Please make that change for me, Biran.
Thanks!

Well it hurts me to say, but the Porsche is probably not the best car for this track :cry: I love the RSR here but the 992 is so unstable and I can not find a good setup. Not even talking about tire wear.
So I will go for the BMW GT3 here, I like it a lot as it is stable by default and nevertheless fun to drive. Please make that change for me, Biran.
Thanks!

Hi Johnny. As you're setup already on ACSM you should be able to switch cars and choose liveries via the link in the OP?

Havn't tried the porker here yet. But ye I can imagine it is unstable through certain sections! I'll hopefully get a few laps in during the week and a look at the setup.

Is it loose on the throttle or the brakes? Have only had throttle over steer so far.

Last edited:
aaah yeah, worked, I just had to register again, thanks.
Well for me the porsche was really loose at turn in and mid corner. Especially les combes, fagnes and chicane. I did not spend a lot of time for setup, but each other car I tried was quicker and more stable at the first try. Then I spent some time with the M4 to tune the setup and I find it even more stable now then it was by default.
For rookies I would recommend the M4 or the Mercedes as you did. M6 is also fast but not that stable by default. I did not try the Lambo and Corvette.
Really looking forward to this event as Spa is my all-time favorit track :cool:

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%