AC GT3 @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 28th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I may fix my replay recording issues this week anyway as I'm on the verge of doing a fresh install of AC. I suspect I've got a rogue plugin or something that's causing me performance issues when there's lots of people in an online game, last week at Spa I had a few glitches but tonight was borderline unplayable in VR due to dropped frames and stutter throughout practice, quali and the race. On paper I've got a more than capable system to run my Samsung Odyssey headset with AC, a 2070 Super and Ryzen 3600 cpu yet I've tried tweaking everything in the settings down to try and help to no avail.

Sorry to hear so many technical issues for drivers. Worst feeling ever!! Hope you guys get it sorted soon.

This lockdown has been a blessing in disguise. Took the old wheel and pedal out and put in a few hours for these sunday races and Im happy to see Im picking up the pace.

Anyway, managed to find a balance tonight and stay out of trouble. Just had a hairy moment with Zaba at the end of the straight when he was letting Chris Down through but must have not seen me and moved over to the braking zone. But later on he was a gentlemen to let me pass again. Also towards the couple final laps, I was starting to get worried whether @Enzo Fazzi had already pit because i dropped down to P3. Thankfully he pit in but now i understand he just missed the window and go DQ'd as well. Sorry to hear that mate :(

Good race everyone and congrats to everyone who took part.
Also, just seen that, after 45 Laps of racing, I had a consistency of 99.08%. Ill take that!!

Thanks for the link @Spilskinanka!

So now we're done, can anyone share tips on setting up the car? I spent most of the week trying to get the front end compliant and mid corner grip.

Things I tried were increasing front bumps and increasing front camber, but couldn't find the sweet spot... Any tips appreciated!

Sorry to hear so many technical issues for drivers. Worst feeling ever!! Hope you guys get it sorted soon.

This lockdown has been a blessing in disguise. Took the old wheel and pedal out and put in a few hours for these sunday races and Im happy to see Im picking up the pace.

Anyway, managed to find a balance tonight and stay out of trouble. Just had a hairy moment with Zaba at the end of the straight when he was letting Chris Down through but must have not seen me and moved over to the braking zone. But later on he was a gentlemen to let me pass again. Also towards the couple final laps, I was starting to get worried whether @Enzo Fazzi had already pit because i dropped down to P3. Thankfully he pit in but now i understand he just missed the window and go DQ'd as well. Sorry to hear that mate :(

Good race everyone and congrats to everyone who took part.
Also, just seen that, after 45 Laps of racing, I had a consistency of 99.08%. Ill take that!!

Thanks for the link @Spilskinanka!
Since my strat was just doing the 1L stop, I had kinda done my pitstop already because of the "false start" drive through. I'm just going to pretend it was a 50 minute race :D

My car moved forward when I put it in 1st gear, even though I had the clutch fully pressed. Was pretty strange and got a drive through for it.

Then near the end of the race, I was wiping the sweat off my forehead and forgot to pit on the last lap before the window closed. I did not know you got DQ'd for that, I was expecting another drive through... Oh well.

Was wondering what happened to you at the star lt and then the end too. I saw your car move forward on the start line.

Your mishap at the end promoted me onto the podium which I was very surprised about. Sorry that happened to you Enzo.

So now we're done, can anyone share tips on setting up the car? I spent most of the week trying to get the front end compliant and mid corner grip.

Things I tried were increasing front bumps and increasing front camber, but couldn't find the sweet spot... Any tips appreciated!

I know I need to clean up my driving and stop making silly mistakes that hurt myself. I know I will be a better and quicker driver once I do, but I have been running the last races with almost stock setup. All I really did for today's event was increase downforce on the rear. I do need to learn more to get more out of the car myself. A race engineer, I am not :D

I know I need to clean up my driving and stop making silly mistakes that hurt myself. I know I will be a better and quicker driver once I do, but I have been running the last races with almost stock setup. All I really did for today's event was increase downforce on the rear. I do need to learn more to get more out of the car myself. A race engineer, I am not :D

It takes a long time to learn the McLaren. Chris has it mastered enough that he can run zero wing on mediums with a full tank. That's likely not doable for most people. If it's any good to you I ran zero wing front and 2 rear. I tried dropping it to 1 at the rear in quali and my times got worse.
I'm telling you this as I noticed you were a bit slower on the straights. Maybe try a few laps with that wing setup and see how you get on. You should try the setup market for setups.

Setup helps but to be honest I updated the firmware on my CSW V2.5 and since I did I feel like I can catch the rear end slides which I never could before. I drove the McLaren for a year solid and had at least 1 bad slide out every race every week. If you can keep it on the track for the full 60 at a reasonable pace you will see your results get a lot better very quickly. So consistency over pace is more important for new racers in my opinion.

I managed (just) to keep it together tonight and had no off track excursions which is always a good feeling in these races.

It takes a long time to learn the McLaren. Chris has it mastered enough that he can run zero wing on mediums with a full tank. That's likely not doable for most people. If it's any good to you I ran zero wing front and 2 rear. I tried dropping it to 1 at the rear in quali and my times got worse.
I'm telling you this as I noticed you were a bit slower on the straights. Maybe try a few laps with that wing setup and see how you get on. You should try the setup market for setups.

Setup helps but to be honest I updated the firmware on my CSW V2.5 and since I did I feel like I can catch the rear end slides which I never could before. I drove the McLaren for a year solid and had at least 1 bad slide out every race every week. If you can keep it on the track for the full 60 at a reasonable pace you will see your results get a lot better very quickly. So consistency over pace is more important for new racers in my opinion.

I managed (just) to keep it together tonight and had no off track excursions which is always a good feeling in these races.

Thanks for the advice George, and yeah, I was suffering for speed on the straights, naturally, with so much downforce. I also agree with you about getting to know the 650S, as I am a long time from that, no doubt. I do want to be a more solid and consistent driver, and I know that all starts with me, not a magic wand to make me faster, haha!

About setup market, sometimes I dabble with it to see what is there. I honestly forgot about looking for a setup for this event.

Thanks! This would be nice habbit to share these results here always!

I really liked this track! I was happy that I got decent quali time, because often I suck at quali and then try to climb up in the race :D. That happiness didn't last too long, in the first corner I went off track for no reason and dropped to P17 or something like that.. But rest of the race went pretty well, although I did many little mistakes. It paid off with P6, but it was really a hard time to keep @Kek700 behind me, it was intense dude! @erazerr7 I didn't know that Ferrari does offroad so well! ;)There was funny moments driving behind you! Thanks again Chris for hosting!

Congratulations @GEO147 for the podium, you were fast!

Would someone possibly be able to zip up then upload the race replay to Dropbox etc for those of us who's games decided they didn't want to record? They zip up tiny compared to their native size so shouldn't be too onorus to upload.

cheers

Thanks for the advice George, and yeah, I was suffering for speed on the straights, naturally, with so much downforce. I also agree with you about getting to know the 650S, as I am a long time from that, no doubt. I do want to be a more solid and consistent driver, and I know that all starts with me, not a magic wand to make me faster, haha!

About setup market, sometimes I dabble with it to see what is there. I honestly forgot about looking for a setup for this event.
+1 for consistency rather than speed being the key, the last couple of races I have been mid pack rather than near the back (granted some people left the race but you get the idea) and I'm putting it down to not crashing and going off track, it can lose you so much time, especially as the tyres instantly go red if you slide or try and stop yourself on grass.
There has been races where someone has finished above me but their fastest race lap is actually slower than mine, but if they're making less mistakes than me they will always be ahead

I’ll chime in till someone more knowledgeable than I turns up.
The 911 has a really good front end, two problems with the 911 is how it uses or should I say doesn’t use it’s tyres,
The second is it’s inherent instability.
Basically you should leave the front alone, only trying to actually remove the grip in an attempt to balance the car if “all” else fails.
As I am assuming you are a newbie, your main concern should be tyre pressure are correct, tyre choice is very limited, basically mediums.
Rear wing, you should not venture much below 10 - 13,
Forget all things that some people say, the quality of the driver is a massive factor in AC. I am sure some can run with the grip maxed at the front end and no wing.
For people who come from this planet , the 911 is very tricky car, I have a setup for it that some said was very stable ( they could have being kind to this old gent ).:roflmao::roflmao:
It would be a good starting point if the 911 is going to be your car of choice.
@GEO147 got a podium tonight , mainly sticking with one car and eventually mastering it ( he may not 100% agree with that ). Well done George.

You can ignore all that Waffle, just looked at the Replay, you are pretty quick guy, qualifying well up the grid. I do now feel a fool. :confused: :confused: :redface::redface::redface:

To add to "that" you overtook me. it was well into the race before I got my place back.:(:(

Your car seemed to be working very well from looking at the replay too

My ability has gapping holes in it ( would explain but Racedepartment my have a whip round for me )
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:, I use setup to try and fill those voids, not try and make a quick car, worth remembering when you are trying to set a car up.

My race was littered with mainly little lumps of bad luck, but overall not bad event for me, Road Atlanta has always been a difficult track for me, so ironically I was very pleased with my eventual spot.
Most of the race I was behind @Norkin , had one attempt to pass which was not successful, thought better of that and all I could do from then on was, well, hang on. ( just ) :(
Even though @Chris Down and I tried to make a 1000hp hybrid ( a McLanissan )
In an attempt to bridge the gap between me and Miika. :laugh:

Attachments

• med qualifying.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Sounds like dirty potmeters, just cleaning them should fix it.
I tried to do this, but i was missing some Tool, but I read another fix where you had to screw the circuit board inside harder onto the plastic and strangely enough it started working after doing that. It Just needs to hold on to life for a few months more until I can afford a loadcell, then im happy.
How about this for next week: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/luccaring-circuito-dei-baluardi.6544/
We haven't been there for a long time :)
Looks nice, but it only has 23 pitboxes :unsure:

+1 for consistency rather than speed being the key, the last couple of races I have been mid pack rather than near the back (granted some people left the race but you get the idea) and I'm putting it down to not crashing and going off track, it can lose you so much time, especially as the tyres instantly go red if you slide or try and stop yourself on grass.
There has been races where someone has finished above me but their fastest race lap is actually slower than mine, but if they're making less mistakes than me they will always be ahead

Keeping all 4 tires on the grid and not making silly errors should be my starting point, absolutely. I think I was a little more consistent than my previous races with you all, but still lots of room for improvement. I was expecting to go off at any moment the on the first lap with the congestion, especially before the S's.

Thanks! This would be nice habbit to share these results here always!
@erazerr7 I didn't know that Ferrari does offroad so well! ;)There was funny moments driving behind you!

The thing is, I spun so many times because of incidents/my own stupidity that I literally stripped all the fresh rubber/grip off my medium tyres, and at the same time was overdriving the hell out of the car to get back to the front/out of frustration... A pretty iffy recipe indeed :roflmao: and for some reason when coming to the pit I decided to run the rest of the race on the same tire... I've never seen a medium tyre get into the "low grip" zone, so that's a first. It's not great, I don't recommend it :D

All in all, horrible race for me, and in retrospect, I should probably have retired instead of causing absolute chaos with my dead tyres in the midfield (sorry about that guys :(). Might I add that for some reason near the top-midfield I was surrounded by GT-Rs, and imo they're the ABSOLUTE WORST car to try and pass when you're in a Ferrari :roflmao:. I'm also kind of disappointed as I was once ahead of @Enzo Fazzi in the early race - knowing he ended up second before DCing, but then I got punted at the last chicane... So I might have been able to momentarily bring the fight to you @Chris Down (before you annihilated me with pit strategy, probably), but it seems it was not meant to be.

I'm just hoping for a clean start in -hint hint- my hometown track next week ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 49 26.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 35 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 20 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.0%