AC GT3 @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 28th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hmm. Probably my worst race ever :D Plus, I hurt my back while cleaning my mountainbike today and I had more and more pain during race :( Thought about quitting, but.. yeah, just wanted to finish somehow.

Had to quit I'm afraid ping went over 800 ten minutes in making It undrivable :( hope you have a Good race.
Heard my name mentioned regarding a crash on lap 1,it wasn't me, seen quite alot of contact in front of me tho.

Yeah sorry Simon, it wasn't you who rammed me out in the first lap and didn't wait, it was an Audi ;)

Made so many stupid mistakes, I even stopped to count :roflmao: Letting people through, who aren't lapping etc. :unsure:
Plus, I probably had some tire damage for the last 15 minutes of the race, got some really bad vibrations.
As always, thanks for hosting, Chris :thumbsup: and hopefully the next race will be better again for me ;)

I sadly had to retire because of a Problem with my pedals, my throttle was flickering like some inbuilt tc, in hindsight I already had this on feldbergring, but today it became really obvious, when i struggled getting into the 21s while I was close to hitting the 19s in training. It was so Frustrating, because at some times it worked and then i randomly gained/lost up to half a second for no good reason. I tried setting tc up/down but nothing helped, until i finally realized my pedals were going bad.

The pedals are T3PA so if someone had this problem or has any idea to fix it, Id appreciate it. I think they are still under warranty, but i dont really want to send em away for a week or two, when its possible to fix by myself.

Hope Im good to go till next sunday and thanks anyway for organizing Chris.

I sadly had to retire because of a Problem with my pedals, my throttle was flickering like some inbuilt tc, in hindsight I already had this on feldbergring, but today it became really obvious, when i struggled getting into the 21s while I was close to hitting the 19s in training. It was so Frustrating, because at some times it worked and then i randomly gained/lost up to half a second for no good reason. I tried setting tc up/down but nothing helped, until i finally realized my pedals were going bad.

The pedals are T3PA so if someone had this problem or has any idea to fix it, Id appreciate it. I think they are still under warranty, but i dont really want to send em away for a week or two, when its possible to fix by myself.

Hope Im good to go till next sunday and thanks anyway for organizing Chris.
Sounds like dirty potmeters, just cleaning them should fix it.

Another very nervous race again that one from me, was pretty spicy going down the esses on the first lap. Managed to take out Michael after a couple of laps by losing the back end, sorry! Also sorry to Tom Shirley about 3/4 through the race, you got out of the way and I managed to spin it somehow and hit you. With both incidents I just focus too much on other cars or my mirror and forget where to drive! Just need to work on my consistency. Thanks Chris for organising

Great racing everyone! Sadly we were robbed a bit of the first place battle by the turn 1 incident, sorry for my part in that @erazerr7. :coffee:

Other than that, I had a good clean race. I went for full fuel with the aim of keeping everyone behind me. It more or less worked, although the car was a bit sketchy in sector 2. :)

Next week's track will be chosen by @erazerr7, in a very British attempt to cheer him up. Let's see what excitement comes our way when the thread is posted tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks everyone for coming out, and I hope you all had a good time! :inlove:

Really frustrating race for me - managed a good qually lap and then picked up a lot of places at the start with other people having incidents. Upto 7th or 8th, but paid the price for not finding the time to work on setup during the week with overheating rears (softs) and spun three times in 5 laps.

Pitted early to switch to mediums, but could not get into the pit box correctly so lamely went forward and back until it hit the mark, dropping to last I believe

From there on race was much better and moved up the field to finish 14th, but damage was already done sadly and could have (possibly?!) made it up around 10th with fewer errors

But enjoying racing with you guys - good clean fun! Thanks @Chris Down for organising

Another very nervous race again that one from me, was pretty spicy going down the esses on the first lap. Managed to take out Michael after a couple of laps by losing the back end, sorry! Also sorry to Tom Shirley about 3/4 through the race, you got out of the way and I managed to spin it somehow and hit you. With both incidents I just focus too much on other cars or my mirror and forget where to drive! Just need to work on my consistency. Thanks Chris for organising

No worries Nash, I knew it wasn't on purpose :)

Not much fun for me due to own stupidity. I was just in time for 1 qually lap but blew that one. But therefore I started the race with only fuel for qually which was not even enough to reach the pitwindow. Too bad because I had a great start achieving 17th until @uvraver hit me and I went off track. It felt like a unsafe coming back off track but unfortunately the first lap is not recorded in my replay.
Anyway, it didn't matter because in my haste I made two mistakes with my pitstop which costed me two 40s penalties. So everyone lapped me at least once before I returned on track. Used the rest off the race to more get used to the 488.

Now I have a good reason to learn how to make changes to the pitstop strategy during the race!

Congrats to the podium (@GEO147 man you were fast today! :thumbsup: ) and thanks Chris for organising.

Last edited:
Another fun race for me, and quite challenging. Simon, Enzo and others the couldn't continue, I am sorry you had issues. I was having issues with my cheap T150 wheel, finally got it sorted before qually.

I didn't make things easy on myself as I forgot to change from softs in qually back to mediums. With 14 to 15 minutes to go, they fell off and I had to fight the car the rest of the way.

@Enzo Fazzi I apologize for almost taking you out near where the old dip used to be before the hill leading to the front straight. I was trying to stay out of your way and for some reason, I could not slow down enough before the chicane.

Thanks again for the race and hard work @Chris Down you put in week in and week out.

Yeah sorry Simon, it wasn't you who rammed me out in the first lap and didn't wait, it was an Audi ;)

I was in an Audi, don't think that was me as I had a relatively clean first lap but I think later in the race I may have tapped you up the rear at the end of the first straight when your braking point caught me out, I did wait for you to come back on though if it was you :)

On another note, does anyone have any tips on how to make AC / CM reliably save race replays? Using CM it prompts me to save the replay when I exit and I've got hours of of my sessions from the practice server, but opening it up after the race all I've got about 2mins of me sitting in the pits! I've got settings to save over an hour per replay and tell it to keep 5 per race so not sure what else I need to do?

On another note, does anyone have any tips on how to make AC / CM reliably save race replays? Using CM it prompts me to save the replay when I exit and I've got hours of of my sessions from the practice server, but opening it up after the race all I've got about 2mins of me sitting in the pits! I've got settings to save over an hour per replay and tell it to keep 5 per race so not sure what else I need to do?

I Set down the quality to 16hz and now it worked for me the last two races

I was in an Audi, don't think that was me as I had a relatively clean first lap but I think later in the race I may have tapped you up the rear at the end of the first straight when your braking point caught me out, I did wait for you to come back on though if it was you :)

I had the same problem when I first used CM Chris. Couldn't figure out why, so set up the replay settings in AC instead, worked ever since.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 291 13.4%