AC GT3 @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 28th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks everyone for the great racing! This week we'll be in Portugal, at the fantastic Algarve International Circuit. Come join us!

I assume you also want to sign up, then, so I've put you in as TBD. Let me know the car before 6pm UK time :thumbsup:
Hi Chris, thanks helping me get a taste for the racing. Drivers are all very good. I was too off pace and felt best I just observe. Working on my setups with goal to complete a race cleanly. Wish there were some more racers at my level.

When leaving pit box, can you drive through the car in front of you without causing damage? No low speed steering assist. Can’t find a thread on this. Last one. Does heliocorsa work with reflections off?

Best,
Mark

Hi Chris, thanks helping me get a taste for the racing. Drivers are all very good. I was too off pace and felt best I just observe. Working on my setups with goal to complete a race cleanly. Wish there were some more racers at my level.

No worries! I'm sure with more practice you'll be there in no time :thumbsup:

When leaving pit box, can you drive through the car in front of you without causing damage? No low speed steering assist. Can’t find a thread on this. Last one. Does heliocorsa work with reflections off?

Yes, collisions are off in the pit lane. Not sure what you mean about low speed steering assist.

And yes, Helicorsa works regardless of graphical settings. :)

No worries! I'm sure with more practice you'll be there in no time :thumbsup:

Yes, collisions are off in the pit lane. Not sure what you mean about low speed steering assist.

And yes, Helicorsa works regardless of graphical settings. :)
Getting back to sim racing after long time. Some older sims had steering assist option at low speeds. Been researching how to change steering ratio. Not seeing that but read posts about it. Thx

Best,
Mark

Mark, I am fairly new to this racing club, been in 3 or so events. My first race, a couple months ago, I finished dead last, and probably down 2-3 laps to the entire field. I spun out so many times, it was embarrassing, but kept on and wanted to finish the race. Then in my next, finished dead last again, spun less, still made errors, but kept on going.

Don't let it bother you about not keeping pace, there are a lot of good drivers in here. I feel with their level, us more inexperienced folks have a lot to gain, will probably learn things, and get better more quickly than to race with people more our level. We may get in their way a bit more, but at least we have something to strive for in a better driver, haha! :D

Can you expand on what you mean by change steering ratio? Do you mean your wheel's rotation degrees?

Regarding 'steering assist option at low speeds' I have never heard of it before, sorry cant help u there :(
Thanks. Appreciate the welcoming encouragement. I’m using 900deg rotation. Steering ratio as in adjusting the steering box itself, but not important.

Mark, I am fairly new to this racing club, been in 3 or so events. My first race, a couple months ago, I finished dead last, and probably down 2-3 laps to the entire field. I spun out so many times, it was embarrassing, but kept on and wanted to finish the race. Then in my next, finished dead last again, spun less, still made errors, but kept on going.

Don't let it bother you about not keeping pace, there are a lot of good drivers in here. I feel with their level, us more inexperienced folks have a lot to gain, will probably learn things, and get better more quickly than to race with people more our level. We may get in their way a bit more, but at least we have something to strive for in a better driver, haha! :D
Appreciate the reply and encouragement. Practicing Algarve. 1:56.146 so far. Still learning the track and AC. ;)

Thanks. Appreciate the welcoming encouragement. I’m using 900deg rotation. Steering ratio as in adjusting the steering box itself, but not important.
More clear. Not the controller. As if you were adjusting the car’s steering box ratio. Again not that important but thx for the reply

@Marko77 Did anyone mention to you about setting up your Teamspeak to use a push to talk button rather than using an open mic as I think it was you/your car that we could all hear over the channel during practice etc? :)

@Marko77 Did anyone mention to you about setting up your Teamspeak to use a push to talk button rather than using an open mic as I think it was you/your car that we could all hear over the channel during practice etc? :)
That was me and very sorry. I have a button on the headset and left it in the on position by accident. Have to explore how to use teamspeak correctly and how to use a button on the wheel? Thanks for the help.

That was me and very sorry. I have a button on the headset and left it in the on position by accident. Have to explore how to use teamspeak correctly and how to use a button on the wheel? Thanks for the help.

Not a problem, yep in Teamspeak go to Tools - Options then click on the Capture tab. In there you'll find an option for Push to Talk activation that allows you to map a button so it acts like a walkie talkie basically. If you do that you'll need to set your headset hardware to be open mic obviously so Teamspeak can control when the mic is active.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back