AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 2nd August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
  • If you're usually more than 1 second a lap behind the leader in quali pace, just grab a comfortable setup and focus your time purely on practice. No setup is going to make up that gap.

Haha my best here is like a 1:30:5xx I really dont bother with setups, I only changed the tyre pressure and made the springs a bit stiffer. Still battling some understeer with the Z4 but this also could be my bad driving ;)
Like the last race, I am just trying to drive as clean as possible.

Mentioning this, would take the Z4.

Last edited:
I am racing from the US East (Michigan) I got a ping between 100-140 I would say its not very much noticeable.
South America could be a different topic.

If you are using CM just go to online race and search for "racedepartment" servers you will see the ping there.

Hello Mr @Chris Down

Between getting out in this glorious weather we've been having and other appointments, I've had no time at all for practice so could you put me down for the 650S but as a maybe (I don't want to stop someone else from participating if it comes to that)

Is this OK? Thanks!

I did chuckle to my self with your answer, I was worried it was too safe. Well I think it has finally sunk in that setups can and usually are driver dependant.:thumbsup:
Thanks for your efforts @HF2000 Han , I was rather hoping you would be our next Alien.

I did chuckle to my self with your answer, I was worried it was too safe. Well I think it has finally sunk in that setups can and usually are driver dependant.:thumbsup:
Thanks for your efforts @HF2000 Han , I was rather hoping you would be our next Alien.

I've just had a not so quick look @ both setups, & Ernie's setup is by far the quicker*. Unfortunately, both setups were deemed invalid with AC's setup menu - I guess lowering the car that extra bit is a perk of Content Manager :cautious: :p .

I made a few other changes to match my driving style. I raised the rear wing to 5 (didn't seem detrimental to the top speed), changed the gears and got rid of some of the negative toe on the front & rear (I noticed both setups were showing negative toe @ the rear?).

Han - base
Ernie - 3 tenths quicker
Post-Ernie - 5-9 tenths quicker

Here's my take on Ernie's setup (30 litres):

Attachments

• kek700plus.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I mostly just change the basics, tyre pressure, wing, diff and final gear ratio (not really individual gears), maybe a bit of front ARB and springs on say Spa for eau rouge but don't tend to mess with the dampers or camber/toe as i'm not sure how much they would help when deviating from the default.

I am with you on that one. SInce Ive joined RD here, Ive been pretty much playing with the basics and saving the setup. And re-loading them up when i go to a new track and play with wings, gears and tyres. I feel my car is definitely not stable around corners and things like that but Ahhh its frustrating to tweak settings and test around (my loss :cry:), and because I prolly make it worse than the stock setup so best leave it.

Also, I just want to spend time lapping around I guess :laugh:

I am racing from the US East (Michigan) I got a ping between 100-140 I would say its not very much noticeable.
South America could be a different topic.

If you are using CM just go to online race and search for "racedepartment" servers you will see the ping there.

What is CM? Content Manager? ye i did this now, 247 ping dutch server

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea