AC GT3 @ Oschersleben - Sun 14-Oct18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks again for yet another great track choice & event Craig @Buster and congrats to the podium guys, your lap times were awesome!:thumbsup:

So chuffed to make a place up from quali by the end, I'll put it down to the Ross Brawn tip of eating a banana to prevent Senior Moments:p

Really tough race, the McLaren's are way too quick...The 'no tyre change' strat made me gain track position over @Florian Neuberger. He was way faster on S closing quickly but I managed to fend him of for about 20min to get the victory with 0.6sec difference. Good clean racing for the most part, although I think you could have overtaken me with more patience. Thanks for choosing this track @Buster , never raced here before and I think we should a lot more!

I dont want to bash any slower drivers, but I just have to mention it this time. Having someone with 15sec off pole time in qualy doesn't need to happen. Its no fun for anyone at this point. I suggest a bit more practice before joining an organized event like this.

I dont want to bash any slower drivers, but I just have to mention it this time. Having someone with 15sec off pole time in qualy doesn't need to happen. Its no fun for anyone at this point. I suggest a bit more practice before joining an organized event like this.

I would be ok with this if those drivers knew how to deal with blue flags, but in this case the driver in question did not and caused at least 3 incidents with me alone, which IMO is not acceptable.

I hope it was not me :roflmao:
Seriously, some of you are incredibly fast. My humble congratulation to the leaders !
I made some practise during the week, but the pace was just to high for me.
I never made under 1:30:4 on the track, so I was sure it would be hard for me this evening :D
discovering the track, the car,...
From my point of view. it has been a very fair race, with nice close racing in the middle/back field too. I enjoyed it a lot, have a good time with some other pilots (riccardo, patrick, Craig if I remember well some of them) and I am pretty happy with my race. Not everybody can win, but everybody needs to try to do its best until the end!!
I tried to let the blue flags pass me by as easy as possible, even if it has costs me at least two mistakes where I have lost all my "efforts". No problem with that, I have made the mistakes.

Regarding the comments on the slower drivers, I can understand but I prefer not to blame anybody or make any comment on other pilot, except positive ones. It is my position.
Plus the black flags are not always so easy to see on the screen. There should be some spotter on that
It must be place for everybody, to race and improve. It is nice to be in front, and I will always try not to interfere in this fight, but it may be very complicated to race in the midfield. Sometime even a lot more complicated as in the front. It happens a lot of things there !
For the rest, there is racing rules and admins.

Good luck to everybody for the next race. I will not be there.
See you in about one month on the track !

@Trebucht @Chris Down ..thank you for not naming the said driver.

I fully understand what you are saying, but the driver just may have not know what he was signing up for. The Sunday GT3 event is defiantly one of the most advanced events we run and it is taken more seriously by the drivers that enter this event.

What he needs is to gain confidence and track time, a midweek event in a slower car, I believe would be ideal, I really want to encourage and not discourage, it is great to have new drivers, this is part of what RD is all about. Sadly it was just the wrong event to dip your toes in.

If the said driver would like to message me privately, I will assist all I can and maybe some track time together may help you. Please do not be to discouraged, I love the fact that you had the confidence to enter, but lets start a little more slowly and I am sure you will soon be back and giving some of the other drivers a run for there money :thumbsup:

@Trebucht @Chris Down ..thank you for not naming the said driver.
......................................If the said driver would like to message me privately, I will assist all I can and maybe some track time together may help you. Please do not be to discouraged, I love the fact that you had the confidence to enter, but lets start a little more slowly and I am sure you will soon be back and giving some of the other drivers a run for there money :thumbsup:

A few months ago I didn't enter GT3 events 'cos I felt like I'd be in the way (I was!:roflmao:), though I honestly felt encouraged by the Chris's, Wolff's, Tariq's et al in here, something to aim for if you like (and sneaky watching sessions:p). So, if I can pay back the help I've had I'd be more than happy to help/assist if requested.

Quite "interesting" track: Difficult to drive and hard to describe. Thanks @Buster for this choice. @Trebucht your strategy worked out pretty well. Paired with your consistency it is hard to get a lead. Sry for the bump, especially the one at turn 1. I was reading your lap time and totally missed the breaking point:confused:. Afterwards, I was missing an idea on how to overtake you without an incident again. I'm not used to fighting for positions jet, so I decided more or less to better finish second, then not finishing at all. Our totally different racing lines made it even harder for me not to hit you. Congratulations to everybody who finished the race

In terms of the not so fast drivers. I'm on @Buster side. Maybe also because I only had small issues with blue flags. 15s off is too much obviously but besides that, this kind of event should be for everybody to have fun and learn the cars/tracks. I'm only here myself because an admin (@Bobby Pennington) encouraged me in TS to give it a try nevertheless of my slow lap times I had. Afterwards, I did the "Advanced Driver Academy" and this helped a lot. Maybe there should be more events like this to teach new drivers the basics?
Ending with the best: I LOVE the willingness to help others here on RD, this is the kind of community everybody can enjoy and be part of it. See you in a couple of weeks :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Great race from me, fairly uneventful but I only made one small mistake when battling with Ernie. Some good racing with Dmitri too.

Looking forward to next week.

My race was shot after my pit crew went home early so the lost time with blue flags did not
matter. But this was a “very very” difficult track for blue flag drivers. I found all blue flags most accommodating. I take the view it is the same for all of us and i am quite willing to accept the small inconvenience so that a driver can learn at the sharp end.
And to be honest it adds some spice to the event.:)
A long winded way of saying i agree with buster.:geek:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back