AC GT3 @ Oschersleben - Sun 14-Oct18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Because of server issues, the qualy had a reset at the last race (chang international). To regain the qualy positions we did a formation lap and a flying start afterwards. The idea for this came from @Trebucht and it was really nice and fun at the same time. This also brought some variation of the normal starting procedure - I would like to see this more often :thumbsup:

Because of the notorious first bend on this track, I think it would be a good idea for here ..single line rolling start ...:thumbsup:

I looked in the server options, but sadly you can not set it to do a rolling start ..but the above idea should be good :thumbsup:

I have spoken to @RasmusP about the server re-setting itself towards the end of qualifying, hopefully it will not happen again.

If possible, please count me in for this one.
This time I will give a try at the ferrari 488

as I may start at the back, I will be very peaceful at start :D

I support the idea of no take over attempt until after curve 2.
Why not to start from starting line quietly (about 80 km/h) and maintain position until after curve 2 ? (a little like a Assetto corsa competitzione start)

You are of course very welcome to join :thumbsup: ..see my post above, this idea is so far getting the most support.

After a quick trial with stock setup, i would prefer to drive the porsche 911. I Don't have the time to build a setup until Sunday, and the porsche seems easier to me.
thanks

Drove the track of the first time tonight, and not wishing to be the voice of dissent regarding the start here (honest:p:p) ...imo, my vote is a standing start, just like Monza, Paul Ricard, LeMans, Imola and other circuits that have a very similar challenge.

So do we do rolling starts at the circuits mentioned above too?

Is a rolling start into the, or any, first corner any better on the cold tyres most of grid will have?

If the rule is the same as the other night, whereby the leader guns it after the first corner (or any other indicator), that only extends any advantage, negating any start line skills.

Part of the buzz (again, only imo) is reaction time off the lights, getting gearing right for the start, potentially making places up. At every race we know, and are advised, to be careful at the start, 'races aren't won at the first corner' and all that.

Obviously, I'll go with the vote:ninja:

Medilloni I do like the idea of a rolling road start, especially at this track, that first bend is notorious for pile ups on first lap, far greater than on other circuits ...but I do also believe this should not happen, until every car is on the straight, to start racing whilst over cars have still got to negotiate a bend is unfair ...we can have a vote in TS :thumbsup:

sometimes, real professional GT3 drivers just behave as simracers :roflmao:
(except that they drive cars which cost a fortune).
I wish assetto corsa would have a real damage implementation :whistling:

911 please, I seem to remember hating this track back in the day when I played on on Project Cars but we'll see if I'm just misremembering

I think its a very technical track and very hard to make a clean pass, front runners need to bring there A game, me thinks ....welcome aboard :thumbsup: ...I just hope we all have some fun :thumbsup:

image.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back