AC GT3 @ Okayama, Sunday 14th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was a fun and slightly frustrating race. Im nor sure if anyone else was having frame rate issues, but i was around 45 fps and having frequent stutters. I ended up just driving off the track a few times. It appeared that @JamKart22 was disappearing and reappearing as i was following him.

aside from the glitches, i had a lot of fun trying to move from backmarker to mid fielder.

thank you to everyone here for a fun afternoon and thank you to the RD staff for hosting and quickly coming up with a plan B when the first server went down. I hope to see yall nxt weekend!!

Hmm what a race. I could improve my lap time like a lot since the last time were raced here.
So I started P9 and I aimed to stick to the Top 10 and maybe gain a position or two. But @RasmusP had some other plans for us ;)

While driving around the hairpin he just knocked me out and basically resetted both of us to zero. After he waited, I found myself back in P22. It took me quite some time and effort to drive back to the entire field with Rasmus right behind me. In the first stint I got back to P11. From Lap 7 to 18 I had a constant battle with Rasmus and some really intense racing. We switched positions like six times and had some great side by side battle in the corners. But Rasmus, really if you want to battle just ask and we can meet at the practice server, not need for taking me out ;)

I really dont know what it is with this Nissan uphill straight power. Like to Ernie at Rad Bull Ring I lost so much time to Rasmus on the straight towards the hairpin. Should really talk to my BMW mechanics.
After Pits I could also regain the last two positions to get back to P9. For the last 10 laps I was 5-6 seconds behind @Luca Badin. We had the same lap times, so I just couldnt get any closer anymore. So I settled in and drove the last laps a little "easier".

I just watched the replay and noticed I had some closer calles on my overtakes at the hairpin and slow left-right combo. If I got to close to anyone here, I am sorry. This track is just a bitch to overtake save.

Hope to see you all again next week on a "properly" running server.

Well done Tim. Softs definitely the right choice on this track. To say you ended up last that's a great result.

I think your GTR was the same GTR that divebombed me a couple of times. I watched the replay and wasn't too impressed. He certainly should have waited for you when punted on the corner just before pit entry.
Now that you guys posted this I remembered that I also had a GTR scare in the middle of the race. Looks like the guy lifted off at the end of the straight to let me lap him, but there was no space left for me to safely get back on the racing line, so I took a narrow entry and slowed down more than usual for the corner and then saw the Godzilla in the mirror closing up very fast and almost running into my rear end. Definitely a "code brown" moment and an example of how NOT to do it. You better lift off in the beginning or at least middle of a straight, or move out of the racing line, or go wide in the corner leaving the apex for the lapping car if you happen to be on the outside when approaching it. Trying to cross lines like that is dangerous and absolutely unnecessary when you're not fighting for position.

@
That was a fun and slightly frustrating race. Im nor sure if anyone else was having frame rate issues, but i was around 45 fps and having frequent stutters. I ended up just driving off the track a few times. It appeared that @JamKart22 was disappearing and reappearing as i was following him.

aside from the glitches, i had a lot of fun trying to move from backmarker to mid fielder.

thank you to everyone here for a fun afternoon and thank you to the RD staff for hosting and quickly coming up with a plan B when the first server went down. I hope to see yall nxt weekend!!
No problems my end and my ping was about 60 throughout the race

After I struggled a lot with the 488 on Kyalami, I started here with my setup of Zandvoort where I remembered that the car felt so good. Good decision, I could consistently get decent lap times, cruising at 4th position with gaps in front and aft. After @640er had contact with a blue flag car and spinned I got the podium in a cheap way but I'm still very happy with it.

Thanks all for joining and @Chris Down and @Interslice for organising. Great work, Brian!

No problems my end and my ping was about 60 throughout the race
[/QUOTE]

right on, ill have to figure out what my computer is doing. Probably lower some graphics settings.

Thanks @Interslice for hosting and troubleshooting and congrats to the podium.

Had an intense race, battling @pattikins @HF2000 and @demetri for the podium. Too bad it was decided by a blue GT-R who, while under blue flag, took me out at the end of the race. It was a nearly identical situation like in the clip from @demetri but this time with contact which made me spin and loose P3 :(

@RobertR1 PhotoMode App . Go into replay and press F5. Then you can freely move the camera to any position you like.

Had an intense race, battling @pattikins @HF2000 and @demetri for the podium. Too bad it was decided by a blue GT-R who, while under blue flag, took me out at the end of the race. It was a nearly identical situation like in the clip from @demetri but this time with contact which made me spin and loose P3 :(

@RobertR1 PhotoMode App . Go into replay and press F5. Then you can freely move the camera to any position you like.
@640er I watched the replay for the incident with the GT-R. He lifted on the straight to let you pass but he missed his brakepoint at the end of the straight or he was surprised that you hit the brakes there. It was certainly not intentionally imo. Lucky for me, bad luck for you :p .

@640er I watched the replay for the incident with the GT-R. He lifted on the straight to let you pass but he missed his brakepoint at the end of the straight or he was surprised that you hit the brakes there. It was certainly not intentionally imo. Lucky for me, bad luck for you :p .
Of course it wasn't intentionally, no problem at all. You passed me twice this race, both times after I was on the receiving end, lucky you ;)

SGP Creates all results instantly when the races end. On the results tab you can find all previous races

I am aware, but simracing.gp doesn't offer things like fastest sector times, consistency analysis and detailed lap-per-lap breakdowns. I don't think any of us uses simresults.net just for the standings.

Thanks for the race guys :)

I parked the car a few laps after my pit stop since it was getting too late for me and I became too tired. But until then it was fun!

Hmm what a race. I could improve my lap time like a lot since the last time were raced here.
So I started P9 and I aimed to stick to the Top 10 and maybe gain a position or two. But @RasmusP had some other plans for us ;)

While driving around the hairpin he just knocked me out and basically resetted both of us to zero. After he waited, I found myself back in P22. It took me quite some time and effort to drive back to the entire field with Rasmus right behind me. In the first stint I got back to P11. From Lap 7 to 18 I had a constant battle with Rasmus and some really intense racing. We switched positions like six times and had some great side by side battle in the corners. But Rasmus, really if you want to battle just ask and we can meet at the practice server, not need for taking me out ;)

I really dont know what it is with this Nissan uphill straight power. Like to Ernie at Rad Bull Ring I lost so much time to Rasmus on the straight towards the hairpin. Should really talk to my BMW mechanics.
After Pits I could also regain the last two positions to get back to P9. For the last 10 laps I was 5-6 seconds behind @Luca Badin. We had the same lap times, so I just couldnt get any closer anymore. So I settled in and drove the last laps a little "easier".

I just watched the replay and noticed I had some closer calles on my overtakes at the hairpin and slow left-right combo. If I got to close to anyone here, I am sorry. This track is just a bitch to overtake save.

Hope to see you all again next week on a "properly" running server.
I'll drop you a pm later today, when I watched the replay.
I'm pretty sure that you took yourself out :whistling:
But I'll have to watch the replay first!

I was completely at the inside, on the kerb, almost already skidding on the floor, kept my steering lock and you moved another inch towards the inside and spun.
I thought about telling you that on discord and to continue without waiting but nah, I always wait :)

You also were warping a little tiny bit which made it super difficult for me to closely follow and try an overtake. I really didn't want to see you spinning a second time :x3::roflmao:
Maybe the warping makes things look different on our own replays?
I'll come back to you in a pm later today :)

It was a lot of fun fighting for half the race while also moving through the field. Some close calls with the other incidents while we were battling :geek::D:barefoot:

Last edited:
I am aware, but simracing.gp doesn't offer things like fastest sector times, consistency analysis and detailed lap-per-lap breakdowns. I don't think any of us uses simresults.net just for the standings.
This is good to know. So that level of detail would be desirable? OK cool leave it with me I wasn't sure if it was a bit overkill but a couple of people have mentioned it now so I will see about adding it to the roadmap.

The same blue GT-R tried to barge past me mid race in the double hairpin section and then punted me off two laps later and just drove on. He has 33 incidents in the race so perhaps needs to calm down a bit

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.