AC GT3 @ Okayama, Sunday 14th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Any chance of sharing your concerns?

I am going to assume nerves Frank, so this conversation may be redundant before it starts, but anyway, It took me nearly three years before I got some semblance of controlling nerves, alway started at the back, other reasons for that, but nerves were my main reason.
I still get nerves, quite often flicking gears out of nerves when I should not at the start, and in the race come to think of it. :roflmao:
it is only once I am in the second lap that they disappear, which still does not mean in other senerios they don’t reappear in a race, but generally I am much much better now, still has taken me three years though.
I just assume that most others are in the same boat.
Practice is the main way you acclimatise to all situations, more you do it less it affects you, that simple.

Last edited:
Hello guys I will race tonight with a Ferrari. I have a question: I understand pit stop is mandatory but is changing tyres also mandatory or can I just refuel? Thanks

I am going to assume nerves Frank, so this conversation may be redundant before it starts, but anyway, It took me nearly three years before I got some semblance of controlling nerves, alway started at the back, other reasons for that, but nerves were my main reason.
I still get nerves, quite often flicking gears out of nerves when I should not at the start, and in the race come to think of it. :roflmao:
it is only once I am in the second lap that they disappear, which still does not mean in other senerios they don’t reappear in a race, but generally I am much much better now, still has taken me three years though.
I just assume that most others are in the same boat.
Practice is the main way you acclimatise to all situations, more you do it less it affects you, that simple.

If you look @ post #40, the problem seems to be with simracing.gp's privacy policy.

Hello guys I will race tonight with a Ferrari. I have a question: I understand pit stop is mandatory but is changing tyres also mandatory or can I just refuel? Thanks

Hi Davide. If you havn't already, please have a look at post #2 for the club racing rules and regs. I'm guessing you know at least one of the 3 italian guys who signed up after you, if you wouldn't mind pointing it out to them too!?

Cheers and see you on track :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you look @ post #40, the problem seems to be with simracing.gp's privacy policy.

I don't see anything unusual in it. Pretty standard stuff they are collecting. Many sites you visit collect similar information to improve the user experience (usually that means more targeted adverts somewhere). Device info, IP and location, cookies is all normal to log and keep. Sharing it with 3rd parties is common as this data is heavily monetised for targeted advertising.

If you are really concerned sign into the service using a VPN and incognito/private browser. That will mitigate IP address and cookies, but info about your device and versions of browser software are normal for websites to see. This data is embedded into the communication protocols and how the site will know how to render on whatever device you are using and whether its supported or not.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

my sixth sense did kick in and told me to make sure before I wrote something.
But what the heck no point in have size 20 feet and not jumping in with both of them.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Your post was reassuring, I assumed you fast guys were cool as a cucumber and the sweaty hand anxiety was reserved for drivers like me just praying to make it through the first few corners without incident. :)

Last edited:
From RDGTC side, I'm pleased to report it's still battle of the AC and ex-AC admins out here. Missing you folks, but still will be back in a couple of weeks :)

Have a great race tonight!

standings.PNG

I don't see anything unusual in it. Pretty standard stuff they are collecting. Many sites you visit collect similar information to improve the user experience (usually that means more targeted adverts somewhere). Device info, IP and location, cookies is all normal to log and keep. Sharing it with 3rd parties is common as this data is heavily monetised for targeted advertising.

If you are really concerned sign into the service using a VPN and incognito/private browser. That will mitigate IP address and cookies, but info about your device and versions of browser software are normal for websites to see. This data is embedded into the communication protocols and how the site will know how to render on whatever device you are using and whether its supported or not.
I agree the policy is standard stuff especially for device info. Written quite clearly and bluntly, which is honest. For a beta and relatively small population of users, is it necessary for all of it now. Not saying there’s any bad intentions. Just hope personal info is protected. Reason even good people do use VPN now more and more. I’m just too lazy to get one and not sure I care to really. Just want to have a good time racing.

Last edited:
I agree the policy is standard stuff especially for device info. Written quite clearly and bluntly, which is honest. For a beta and relatively small population of users, is it necessary for all of it now. Not saying there’s any bad intentions. Just hope personal info is protected. Reason even good people do use VPN now more and more. I’m just to lazy to get one and not sure I care to really. Just want to have a good time racing.

The logging of data yes. Sharing with 3rd parties no. Protecting your data, sadly no organisation can guarantee that. They can only take the appropriate measures and from my experience doing infosec for a living most fall short at doing so.

Best way to look at it is what they have poses little risk to you personally whoever gets hold of it so keep racing and enjoy the website.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies