AC GT3 @ Okayama, Sunday 14th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I understand that but the calendar on RD and the time on SGP show the race start time, so if they're showing 7pm, they're wrong. If it was 7pm + 120 mins that would make race start at 9pm which is also wrong, so either way, its wrong ;)
If you read it like it says, it's the event start time. And the event is practice, qualify and the race. So that's correct. But I agree that you have to calculate yourself than when qualify and the race starts.

If you read it like it says, it's the event start time. And the event is practice, qualify and the race. So that's correct. But I agree that you have to calculate yourself than when qualify and the race starts.

If you put the race start time, or anything other than 1900utc in the calender, alot of people would be missing the signup cutoff on s.gp and be having a moan.

Seems like some dev required on SGP tbh. If it showed the different components of the session, ie. practice, qually and race, then it would be very clear.

The calendar on RD always showed the race start time for this group, now it shows an hour early, that may cause some people not to sign up :(

Seems like some dev required on SGP tbh. If it showed the different components of the session, ie. practice, qually and race, then it would be very clear.

The calendar on RD always showed the race start time for this group, now it shows an hour early, that may cause some people not to sign up :(
It does show that:
1615391101894.png

@demetri , no, that shows the duration, not the actual times. If it showed the times and didn't require the reader to add them up then the information would be conveyed more effectively. The point is its ambiguous unless explained to people. ie. they're left thinking, does the "race" start at 7pm or does the "event" start at 7pm with 80 min practice then 20 min qually, with the race at 20:40.

This platform will be accessed by some people completely stand alone from the forum so there wont be an opportunity to "explain". So its best it is clear and concise with no external input needed.

I think each event should have a "timetable" section which clarifies this. Would be nice to have a little table, especially useful for multi-part races.

My SGP feedback was aimed at whoever is developing this.

@demetri , no, that shows the duration, not the actual times. If it showed the times and didn't require the reader to add them up then the information would be conveyed more effectively. The point is its ambiguous unless explained to people. ie. they're left thinking, does the "race" start at 7pm or does the "event" start at 7pm with 80 min practice then 20 min qually, with the race at 20:40.

This platform will be accessed by some people completely stand alone from the forum so there wont be an opportunity to "explain". So its best it is clear and concise with no external input needed.

I think each event should have a "timetable" section which clarifies this. Would be nice to have a little table, especially useful for multi-part races.

My SGP feedback was aimed at whoever is developing this.
It says that as well, in both UTC and your local time (this one is incorrect though, 19:00 UTC is gonna be 1 p.m. MDT after our DST shift on Sunday):

1615408580731.png

Apart from timezone confusion (looks like SGP does not care about DST shifts, at least I don't see it in my profile settings), it all seems to be pretty self-explanatory to me. Event starts at a certain time and consists of 80 minutes of practice, followed 20 minutes of qualification, and then one hour race. You can easily estimate when each session starts from that. Actual times will be off by a few minutes because of the wait time for the last lap and in between sessions. Maybe that's the reason not to put those times explicitly. The exact timing won't be achieved and someone will get confused joining at declared quali time and seeing that the practice session is still going on.

Last edited:
RD calendar shows proper local time though, so the wrong time is a SGP bug:
1615409851869.png

I guess the confusion @UHF79 is talking about is temporary and applies only to those who got used to how it was done before on RD and with 20 minutes practice sessions. Anyone using SGP directly should have no problems (once they fix DST bug). It says when the even starts, its duration and sessions it consists of. One would conclude from it that the event is the whole thing, not just the race alone.

It says that as well, in both UTC and your local time (this one is incorrect though, 19:00 UTC is gonna be 1 p.m. MDT after our DST shift on Sunday):

I'm saying it should list all the sessions (practice, qually and race) with a time not just a duration next to each so its REALLY clear. The screenshot you posted just says "event starts".

Last edited:
I'm saying it should list all the sessions (practice, qually and race) with a time not just a duration next to each so its REALLY clear. The screenshot you posted just says "event starts".
Yeah, event starts at xx:yy time and the practice is 1 hour 20 minutes long. How hard is it to figure out when the quali starts based on that? It's 1st grade math.
"With a time" won't work when the actual length of each session during the event varies from the planned one. You'll end up with times posted that are several minutes too early because that's the way AC server works

I'm not saying I can't work it out, but i'm saying that presenting information in a way that means people don't have to work it out may be cleaner and less ambiguous.

I'm not saying I can't work it out, but i'm saying that presenting information in a way that means people don't have to work it out may be cleaner and less ambiguous.
And I'm saying that it is not possible to do this exactly right and in such case maybe it's better to just leave it alone.
For example, the last Sunday race didn't start at 20:40 UTC, it started at 20:47

Last edited:
I understand this as you mentioned it in your last post ;)

Nothing stops it saying "scheduled times", like a schedule for any event you might attend where the agenda slips a little

I see. I'd rather have them get DST problem fixed first. I wonder how many people from our side of the pond are gonna show up one hour too early for this :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies