AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 29th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@yshmana007 Already said it a while ago in the server, but you need to use your real name and join TeamSpeak :)

Please do that soon or I'll need to kick and have you rejoin with your real name. And as mentioned, you must be in TS.

you could try to test that with AI, offline. if it handles calculating for 35 AI's, it might be enough online
AI taxes your CPU significantly more than online, so even if this doesn't work, it's probably enough online. My computer struggles with 30+ AI offline, but was fine online doing 108 cars at Nords, even at the start :thumbsup:

One thing you can lower is lower your render distance, which should improve things. Even if you have some framedrops at the beginning, once cars start spreading out it should be much better.

@Chris Down: I must retire, just tried it and it's really unplayable. Those freezes were eternal. I was too afraid of ruining someone else's race.
I write this now so maybe someone else can take my place; car is a F488.

Looks like AC master server list is having some problems (with all AC servers, not just RaceDepartment). If you use content manager, you can get around this by adding the following IP to your favourites:

31.204.152.159:9713
Content Manager -> online > favourites -> little plus at the bottom -> paste the IP from above

Thanks @RasmusP

@Chris Down Sincere apologies my friend. I have a streaming cold and coughing, aching bones etc etc. Had this straight after Shingles which is still troubling me. I signed up as I was hoping I would be over it by now but alas, no.
I am hoping to make the Mini race in a couple of days. Watch this space........

@Chris Down Sincere apologies my friend. I have a streaming cold and coughing, aching bones etc etc. Had this straight after Shingles which is still troubling me. I signed up as I was hoping I would be over it by now but alas, no.
Cannot believe it :cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry:

The electrical grid of the apartment block weI'nt off ... And I was 6th ... Just cannot believe ... I'll just go to sleep ...
No worries lads, totally understandable. Sorry to hear it!

Man that was crazy. Had some blue flag incidents, but that's about to be expected in a 36 person grid. Sorry to whoever I was displeased at in second lesmo ;-)

I'm also extremely proud that, at least from what I saw, despite a couple of small incidents there was no instadeath into turn 1. Great job everyone!

All in all from what I heard at the end most people had a great time. Tomorrow I will post next Sunday's event, we'd love to see you all there again. I for one had a great time racing with you all, and we made it even despite all of the AC master server shenanigans. Good job! :inlove:

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon, Ken. You would have loved this one.!

Thanks for the race Chris, definitely going to attend the next one!

All in all I'm happy about my 10th place, too bad I spun one too many times, I really wanted to keep fighting with the guys ahead (Evgeniy/Rasmus/Ernie and someone else I don't remember). Apologies to all who bumped into me for some of my extremely early braking points.

I had a great start. Went from 29th on the grid to 14th out of turn 3, helped by an incident just after the pit exit and another in turn 1... At this point I was in over my head. Binned into the inside wall on the exit of turn 7, ricocheted back across the track and took out some unfortunate in a white ferrari. Just cruising along at the back after that!

I was really struggling with turn 1, 6, 7 and then getting through the chicane at 8 quickly.

Thanks for organising lads

As always thanks to @Chris Down for organizing and congrats to the podium. Nice to see new names up there :thumbsup:

There was a lot going on, too much to remember everything but all in all I had a decent pace which I was happy with. The Nissan is a fun car too. Will give it another try in the future for sure :)

Big :thumbsup: for all of the backmarkers and new guys. Well done by everyone. As far as my race was concerned, the huge grid was no problem and it was proper fun. Everyone was playing it within the limits. Had good and fair fights throughout the whole race even though some of you wanted to take a look whats inside my trunk ;)

I had a great time! Had some technical problems with my pedals during qually so I started last (34th). But I didn't really care because this gave me the opportunity to get more experience with overtaking. I started slow, knowing that turn 1 would be crowded. There were a few incidents in lap 1 and with some regular overtaking I was 24th at the start of lap2. From then on it was fun closing in and overtake others. Lost a couple of time some seconds when a car in front of me spun and blocked my line but all in all happy to finish 13th. I hoped to catch @hape in the last laps because he was on mediums but he managed to stay in decent lap times :thumbsup: .

Thanks to all drivers, especially the ones who got a blue flag, for decent and respectful racing. If we all can keep this up, we can have many more great Sunday nights.

Thanks for organising @Chris Down and congrats to the podium.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.