AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 29th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm gutted. I miscalculated my fuel and ran out with one lap to go while in 4th position.
Had driven so well it was and is a real dissapointment. I think I messed up by basing my calculations on my light Quali setup! F**k it anyway.
Well done to everyone was great track etiquette out there.
Sorry about my mic at the start not sure what the problem was but will fix before next race.

I knew before the pitstop I hadn't enough fuel but didn't know how to change my pitstop settings while on track. If someone could give any advice on that I'd be grateful.

Well done podiums and thanks very much Chris you are doing a great job organising these.

I had a great time! Had some technical problems with my pedals during qually so I started last (34th). But I didn't really care because this gave me the opportunity to get more experience with overtaking. I started slow, knowing that turn 1 would be crowded. There were a few incidents in lap 1 and with some regular overtaking I was 24th at the start of lap2. From then on it was fun closing in and overtake others. Lost a couple of time some seconds when a car in front of me spun and blocked my line but all in all happy to finish 13th. I hoped to catch @hape in the last laps because he was on mediums but he managed to stay in decent lap times :thumbsup: .

Thanks to all drivers, especially the ones who got a blue flag, for decent and respectful racing. If we all can keep this up, we can have many more great Sunday nights.

Thanks for organising @Chris Down and congrats to the podium.
I was wondering what was up with you Han. Hope the pedals are sorted.

What a bad race, some really bad behavior here.. crashing me out in T1 and not waiting, ignoring blue flags.. I think Chris said it 3 times.. :thumbsdown: it felt like a public server.
Anyway, thanks for hosting :thumbsup:
I agree with you. Totally. I prefer 15-25 pilots and not 40. A dissaster. A lot of rookie behavior. Cheers.

I'm gutted. I miscalculated my fuel and ran out with one lap to go while in 4th position.
Had driven so well it was and is a real dissapointment. I think I messed up by basing my calculations on my light Quali setup! F**k it anyway.
Well done to everyone was great track etiquette out there.
Sorry about my mic at the start not sure what the problem was but will fix before next race.

I knew before the pitstop I hadn't enough fuel but didn't know how to change my pitstop settings while on track. If someone could give any advice on that I'd be grateful.
Yeah, I was pretty sad to see you parked before Parabolica especially because my stupid ass had 4 laps of extra fuel and if I could have lent them to you I would. (I also knew I had too much, but I realised too late and risked missing my pit box to change it!)

You can change your pit settings by using your POV buttons on your wheel (the d-pad) at any time on track, that will bring up the pit strategy widget thingy. Not sure what wheel you have though, maybe with more expensive wheels it's more complicated.

Yeah, I was pretty sad to see you parked before Parabolica (edit: you had earlier been an absolute gentleman by leaving me space for a tight overtake early in the race) especially because my stupid ass had 4 laps of extra fuel and if I could have lent them to you I would. (I also knew I had too much, but I realised too late and risked missing my pit box to change it!)

You can change your pit settings by using your POV buttons on your wheel (the d-pad) at any time on track, that will bring up the pit strategy widget thingy. Not sure what wheel you have though, maybe with more expensive wheels it's more complicated.

Thanks for organising Chris, I was pleased to finish, although was pretty skinny on fuel at the end. Having just started AC from IRacing, I thought the standard was very good. I can't imagine what a 36 car Iracing event at Monza would have been like.
monza.JPG

Last edited:
I guess I took some kind of risk taking the SCG.... Don't think anyone else had one:roflmao:
But out of the cars I tried that was the most stable for me...

It was an overall clean race considering the grid size with a few incidents at the began of T1. There were also a few slow starts I guess to take precaution early, but still messy at T1... After T1 I was able to snag P15 from P22 by staying out of trouble as Chris preached. If it were a clean start, then maybe only a few spots is what I really should have gained.

I forget who, but while I was in P14, someone REALLY cut the track at turn 1 but first pushing me off track... I lost P14 to him (as he kept driving???) and P15 to another car as well.... But I was able to get going....

Had some really great battles! Really clean fighting from you guys! Last lap, I was "expecting" a "bump draft" from the leader @Chris Down as per him teasing he would do so:inlove::roflmao::D... Didn't happen:whistling::roflmao: lost P14 after a crazy fight into the final turn... And that's when I was lapped by Chris... I guess "bump draft" to Chris means "I'm going to draft behind you, then bump you a lap down!" Lol
If I hadn't spun out for the first and only time near the end (about 11 minutes to go I think), I would have finished between P12-P14. I was hunting P12 before I spun. So consistent until that point.

But satisfied with the outcome of the race. Congrats to Chris for the W and the podium! Thanks Chris for hosting! This large grid worked out ok accept for T1 and what was probably some "isolated" incidents... I don't think there were much single incidents involving multiple cars, I could be wrong. But I really liked the large grid size though

Had some really great battles! Really clean fighting from you guys! Last lap, I was "expecting" a "bump draft" from the leader @Chris Down as per him teasing he would do so:inlove::roflmao::D... Didn't happen:whistling::roflmao: lost P14 after a crazy fight into the final turn... And that's when I was lapped by Chris... I guess "bump draft" to Chris means "I'm going to draft behind you, then bump you a lap down!" Lol

lol, I went to bump draft you, and then you lagged pretty hard so I said over the mic I didn't think it was going to work :p

If you look at the video above at about 1:00:10, you can see the kind of lag lurching that made me think it was probably gonna end up with us both in the wall ;-)

What a bad race, some really bad behavior here.. crashing me out in T1 and not waiting, ignoring blue flags.. I think Chris said it 3 times.. :thumbsdown: it felt like a public server.
Anyway, thanks for hosting :thumbsup:

I agree with you. Totally. I prefer 15-25 pilots and not 40. A dissaster. A lot of rookie behavior. Cheers.

Unfortunately for both of your crashes, I see they are caused by the same person. In both cases it's pretty clear careless driving on their part. I will make it clear to that person in PM that they cannot drive like this at RD.

For now, that's the end of the discussion. If it happens again more action will be taken. Thanks.

Last edited:
I had a great time! Had some technical problems with my pedals during qually so I started last (34th). But I didn't really care because this gave me the opportunity to get more experience with overtaking. I started slow, knowing that turn 1 would be crowded. There were a few incidents in lap 1 and with some regular overtaking I was 24th at the start of lap2. From then on it was fun closing in and overtake others. Lost a couple of time some seconds when a car in front of me spun and blocked my line but all in all happy to finish 13th. I hoped to catch @hape in the last laps because he was on mediums but he managed to stay in decent lap times :thumbsup: .

Thanks to all drivers, especially the ones who got a blue flag, for decent and respectful racing. If we all can keep this up, we can have many more great Sunday nights.

Thanks for organising @Chris Down and congrats to the podium.
hi @HF2000
my rubber was not going down because i'm chciken and changed in the pit Stop also my tyres :).
So its proofed which is the better driver :) - its you because you go up 21 places and i only 14.
I see you in my mirror and i was happy that the race didn't take longer because in a few laps you would catch me. Your consisteny : 98,78% my 98,90% but yours on a 1:50:6580 mine on 1:50:9640 - interesting facts.
Nice race to everyone.
so long
hape

I forget who, but while I was in P14, someone REALLY cut the track at turn 1 but first pushing me off track... I lost P14 to him (as he kept driving???) and P15 to another car as well.... But I was able to get going....
hi @SOLO59
it was me (hape). Iovertake someone and had my normal breakpoint. He drives in my car and gives me a push so i had no chance and try to not push you out so i drive before your front. I see in my mirror that you also have to cut but i didn't really (because it was not my fault) know if i had to wait or not. So i thought you didn't loose a place everything was allright. Sorry if i missinterpret the situation.
hape

Great race,
Had some good encounters with @SOLO59 (Yellow Glickenhaus right?) and a yellow Ferrari.
Struggled to hold my pace and concentration at the end of the race, but grat fun nonetheless.

Thanks for organizing @Chris Down, and apologies for impeding you for half a lap.

Glad to hear you had fun! I don't remember anyone impeding me for half a lap, so I wouldn't worry about it :thumbsup: If it was anywhere near the end, my tyres were basically toffee anyway at that point, probably I wasn't keeping up so well :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.