AC GT3 @ Monza Friday 28th November 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Apologies to a couple of guys I held who were lapping, but its difficult to know when you guys don't say anything on mic.
Speaking for myself, I prefer not to interupt everyone in their concentration by shouting at someone. I much rather flash the lights a few times. I think thats a lot more polite way of doing this thing. Most of the guys recognize my name and actually the only thing that bothered me was few times that couple of guys didn't let me thru before Ascari. I guess they estimated it would impade them too much. But it being a long corner it cost me about a second. However, I appreciate that too as long as the move is predictable enough without last moment jerkiness.

Had a bit of a brace moment coming into Parabolica apex few laps before the end. Some guy was roadblocking the exit left portion of the race line. This backmarker right ahead of me didn't see him behind the wall, or yellow flags (ye lol kunos u do this to us) and poor chap ren straight into him. Like a slow-mo I moved my left foot into treshold braking, couple of gears down and stamped into the gap. :D

Other then that, the race was an absolute thriller. It made me understand why this track is so legendary. More to follow on that.

I was one of them, didn't affect my position though. You should have used the ferito live tracker app or a blue flag app... Also I was 4 secs faster than you on a lap, so you could have just let me through :)

But it was a great race, and result! 3rd in a 26 car grid is definetily a surprisingly good result for me. I was fighting quite closely with neubauer, but after the pit stop he retired, I don't know why :(. It would have been a tight fight to the end...

My apologies Tuomas for not letting you through. In hindsight I'm now just glad I didn't make a mistake while we were racing and wipe you out! My live tracker must have bugged out as it didn't show you as red. I'll look into it for next time!

@Christian Lozanov, sorry for kick at t2 lap 4, did you brake at the exit? I started to accelerate and then immediately hit you, after that I also got kick in the back.
@Danny Sollis, and again something happened after my overtake, did you brake too late in the parabolica?
There is no first 10 laps in replay, can't check who I kick at the t1, lap 5 maybe, sorry, I had no space on the left. Edit: Checked race results - sorry, @Catalin Sasu.

Last edited:
Apologies to @Sheamus Power for the bump at Acscari. totally ****ed that one up. @Paul Hurlow if you hit someone from behind and disadvantage them, you need to wait up and let them take their spot back ahead of you.

My race kinda sucked, I'm not comfortable with these cars and Monza isn't my favorite track, but I needed the practice though. Around lap 20 I took a flier just to see how long the softs would last....MISTAKE! Had to 3 pit. The new processor and motherboard handled the full grid like a champ.

My apologies Tuomas for not letting you through. In hindsight I'm now just glad I didn't make a mistake while we were racing and wipe you out! My live tracker must have bugged out as it didn't show you as red. I'll look into it for next time!

Because of the pitstops, Tuomas may have had pitted before you, so you would have been ahead in the standings although he was faster. Live tracker wouldn't have helped in that situation, unless you knew he was among the faster cars.

But it was a great race, and result! 3rd in a 26 car grid is definetily a surprisingly good result for me. I was fighting quite closely with neubauer, but after the pit stop he retired, I don't know why :(. It would have been a tight fight to the end...

yea it was a super hard but fair fight with you! You were faster but i managed to hold you behind :)
Then i made a pitstop i never practiced in this game before, so i lost about 12 sec with fingertrouble.. And then i spun out, my car was so unstable, especially on the brakes.
I have to lern how to setup a car well.

thank you all for this awesome event

Because of the pitstops, Tuomas may have had pitted before you, so you would have been ahead in the standings although he was faster. Live tracker wouldn't have helped in that situation, unless you knew he was among the faster cars.

Nah he was lapping me as after he completed the move I looked at the live tracker and saw his position indicated he was a lap ahead of me. It was my fault for not paying more attention to the position number and relying on the colour alert too much.

Congrats to the podium!
Niki, i was the "poor" chap in front of you. While i braked into parabolica i looked into the mirror to see were you were to let you pass as i saw the blue flag warning. At the moment i looked back on track it was already too late for me and all i did was screaming "watch out Niki" which you did not heard as i didnt pressed the talk button. Luckily you avoided the crash!!
My race was consistent in the way i did not make any mistakes while i raced at my personal max. Started at pos twenty , finished pos ten. Nice race in the pocket

Congrats to the podium!
Niki, i was the "poor" chap in front of you. While i braked into parabolica i looked into the mirror to see were you were to let you pass as i saw the blue flag warning. At the moment i looked back on track it was already too late for me and all i did was screaming "watch out Niki" which you did not heard as i didnt pressed the talk button. Luckily you avoided the crash!!
My race was consistent in the way i did not make any mistakes while i raced at my personal max. Started at pos twenty , finished pos ten. Nice race in the pocket
It's alright. This is a bit why I posted a songs of praise for low (realistic on 1:1) fov in other thread. So you get more spacial awarness. More feeling for things coming in a flow.
Funny, thinking back about it. Almost the same thing happened on btcc race too. Late in the race there was a roadblock in brands t2. It's almost as if this is a police chase and I'm getting roadblocked. :whistling:

Apologies to @Sheamus Power for the bump at Acscari. totally ****ed that one up. @Paul Hurlow if you hit someone from behind and disadvantage them, you need to wait up and let them take their spot back ahead of you.

My race kinda sucked, I'm not comfortable with these cars and Monza isn't my favorite track, but I needed the practice though. Around lap 20 I took a flier just to see how long the softs would last....MISTAKE! Had to 3 pit. The new processor and motherboard handled the full grid like a champ.

The only guy I hit was a car recovering from a crash, that then ran into the racing line while not up too speed. Was that you?
I always pull over to let any mishaps I make, you don't have to quote the rules to me!

only just noticed! NO ONE took the Lotus! wish I did now!
Hehe. I did once on Donington. But goddamn AC looks so crisp on ur PC. Stunning. However, still this replay file size bug after half a year.
Bcos of this you couldn't video Tobias overtaking me in t1 on lap 9. Me counter attacking him in ascari once, then the next lap and making a pass back again for the lead. After that fended the lead off 3 times of which the last one is cought on tape. :)

Lol@geoffrey. He cought grass on braking. That hit should have broken his radiator haha. The damage on abusing curbs doesn't even exist. At least everyone respected white line rule. So it looked and felt like real racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back