AC GT3 @ Monza Friday 28th November 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
But goddamn AC looks so crisp on ur PC. Stunning
bloody should do.....cost enough! lol. but thanks. shame about the replay file! when I saw it took up 538mb I thought there was a chance I could have got the start. I do on most races! quite gutted tbh!

I went through the file quite vigorously (the last 16laps) and was delighted with what I saw over the respect to track limits!

Well done everyone!

The only guy I hit was a car recovering from a crash, that then ran into the racing line while not up too speed. Was that you?
I always pull over to let any mishaps I make, you don't have to quote the rules to me!

@Paul Hurlow Yup that was me. I rejoined between the first and second lesmos, and you hit me well into the exit after the second lesmos while I was doing 150kph. Plenty of time to avoid an incident with lifting. That is why I quoted the rule.

gt3monza

Apologies to @Sheamus Power for the bump at Acscari. totally ****ed that one up. @Paul Hurlow if you hit someone from behind and disadvantage them, you need to wait up and let them take their spot back ahead of you.

My race kinda sucked, I'm not comfortable with these cars and Monza isn't my favorite track, but I needed the practice though. Around lap 20 I took a flier just to see how long the softs would last....MISTAKE! Had to 3 pit. The new processor and motherboard handled the full grid like a champ.

Because of the pitstops, Tuomas may have had pitted before you, so you would have been ahead in the standings although he was faster. Live tracker wouldn't have helped in that situation, unless you knew he was among the faster cars.
No problem man, my braking zone there was probably a bit too early at times and it didnt do any mechanical damage so it was ok. It was a bit annoying taking the last half of the race with a cracked windshield though, I missed some of my braking zones because I couldn't see the marker boards!

Otherwise, a good race, especially gaining 12 or so places from near the back of the grid to 12th, I had a godawful qualifying session where I could not get a hotlap in without spinning on my qualifying setup. One of the reasons why I dislike Monza so much, I like challenging tracks with loads of corners to tackle, long straights where its all about straight-line speed I don't find as fun at all. I prefer high downforce on my cars, so I can use the track limits and kerbs as much as I can, but I span several times clipping the inside curbs on lesmos 1 and 2, which was annoying. Sacrificing cornering agility and speed for straight line speed seems so wrong to me, which is why I struggled on the track.
A good one overall though.

My internet connection is good - never had any problems while racing at Race07 club. Yestarday, at the beginnig of the race I was told (Andy Jackson?) to be warping. As I alway drive with opponents names displayed, I saw along his name some 1200(!). I guess, this was his ping. I think my and his ping were ok, but the game netcode must be still buggy.

Sorry for Danny Hendriks. I bumped you on the Parabolica as i warped forward when i was closely to you. I wanted to wait for you, but u probably pitstopped then.

That is correct, had to go to the pits not just for my mandatory pitstop, but also to repair some damage to my rear suspension witch killed my race. Had a pretty decent race, was my first time in the mercedes on monza. a little bit of lag in the first few round but then in settled and was doing just fine. PC could handle luckily the 26 cars^^

He was in front of you and had priority of the racing line. Had you lifted and gone to the right not only would you have passed him no problem the person behind you would have to follow you anyway so you had no risk of losing position. Drive to the conditions.
Why is this up for discussion on the forums! if there is a problem, he can report the incident to the staff, not sure why you are chipping in with your comment??

1790C0B0195CF86C23231CB8B6B508D664BA64B4
9F26B31A1F9A6F1F2F36BCCAA4D0D6237831170A
AE626188823988818EAA06AFA41A55942019BB89
8BD7155B193337EBEABEBEFD78A118CB4F77CC10
0D023818EE1856217316AFE64B5AFD92A8C4A8C6
0BBFCA4A8FB26E6AD11B0745EC8330F5E1B84D2B
A751E020487AA96C85AF57CD9FAE2CCC159C718D
D253B74A5027983E23E4681BA3AC537F910B6F7B
228F04279975D0DE6EC64877B316BE41312B4F2E
0B8B8EEE3B53BD7B8E21869C6912C02CC7421113
A1D251BFEA76678D6C2633CB9353EB1BC73875EE

Thx for the race!
Nice one !

@Niki Đaković, I definitly hit the grass :confused:, was happy to not hit you badly. At this point, pace and tires, I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep you behind, I just tried to not make it easy. Yep... bad idea. Nice line by the way.

That is correct, had to go to the pits not just for my mandatory pitstop, but also to repair some damage to my rear suspension witch killed my race. Had a pretty decent race, was my first time in the mercedes on monza. a little bit of lag in the first few round but then in settled and was doing just fine.

Ok dude, I didnt watched the replay yesterday and noticed one thing now:
It wasnt warp or similar (that was my impression while the race as we were close in the Parabolica).
Danny, you missed to upshift in the 4. Gear and i couldnt react so fast as you werent speeding normally up ;):roflmao:. You were like 5s in the 3. Gear^^
Sorry, but i couldnt steer more to another site that fast, impossible.

Well i have the replay. For me its no crash, just bad luck of us both as you missed/forget to shift up :laugh:

My internet connection is good - never had any problems while racing at Race07 club. Yestarday, at the beginnig of the race I was told (Andy Jackson?) to be warping. As I alway drive with opponents names displayed, I saw along his name some 1200(!). I guess, this was his ping. I think my and his ping were ok, but the game netcode must be still buggy.

Had the same problem in quali with you, Andy. Please check your connection :)

Ok dude, I didnt watched the replay yesterday and noticed one thing now:
It wasnt warp or similar (that was my impression while the race as we were close in the Parabolica).
Danny, you missed to upshift in the 4. Gear and i couldnt react so fast as you werent speeding normally up ;):roflmao:. You were like 5s in the 3. Gear^^
Sorry, but i couldnt steer more to another site that fast, impossible.

Well i have the replay. For me its no crash, just bad luck of us both as you missed/forget to shift up :laugh:

I also don't consider it as a crash. Haven't got the replay and can't recall it,
but it might be that I overshot the corner witch made me forget to shift
and one thing lead to another.
To bad you stoped the race, but we'll meety again some time on track
and then we will do tings the right way :D

Had the same problem in quali with you, Andy. Please check your connection :)

What do you want me to do exactly Max?:rolleyes: My own ping said 22. Thats pretty low. I have fast fibre optic broadband and low latency. Perhaps its you?

Ps, You need to stop cutting corners too fast and divebombing. ;) We race for fun, not money.

You "teleported"in qualy for 2-3 min. Nobody else did. So I think it must be you.
In qualy i hit you from behind in warm up lap i think. I did not even saw you because of your lag.
Aleksander Pienkowski seems to have the problem with you.
No connection is perfect ;)

In Race you lost the rear of your car in Ascari when i wanted to pass you. How could i know this ;D

And yes, i missed the white lines at some points. But not to gain any time advantage. I am just not that constant at all. (<50h time with stearing wheel, first race ever without SC).

Last edited:
Max. I have just done 3 independent ping tests and the highest was 21ms. Perhaps it was you and Aleksander with the problem? Still not sure what you want me to do about it even if it was me, but I think it was you. Can you suggest something Mr Gripp. Ps, is that your real name? Max Gripp? Cool if it is.
And don't worry I wont tell anyone about your consistent corner cutting. ;);):p:p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%