rF2 GT3 Club @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Sat 8th March

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
guys at 18:50 GMT that is 10 mins before qually can you all make sure you are in the correct car, the car you will race with.
@Dennis Coufal
@Daiman Patel
@Franklin Stegink
@Dewald Nel
@Frederic Schornstein
@David O'Reilly
@Rui F. Martins
@Ricardo Edelmann
@Calum McLure
@Gijs van Elderen
@Andrew Ford
@Roland Nijl
@Simon Christmann
@Stefan Woudenberg
@Patrik Saxen
@Jordy Bonnet
@Jörn Horbelt
@Christian Michel
@Davy Vandevenne

this way if any vids are made from the replay of the race there will be no blank spots with the cars..

thanks Rupe:)

i'm sorry guys.if you are wondering what happened in the formation lap, my cat jumped in front of my screen and i wrecked my car, i hope no one was affected by this.

i'm sorry guys.if you are wondering what happened in the formation lap, my cat jumped in front of my screen and i wrecked my car, i hope no one was affected by this.
well, that was pretty annoying. poor qualifying by me to be some way off my best..

then someone accidentally set it to parc ferme.

finally, on formation lap, cars started disappearing and i got "connection lost". not had that since i went wired.

all in all, a massive disappointment but these things happen. hope you all had a fun race and see you on track soon!

That was a hard race. I think I choosed the wrong car with the BMW. I had a good balance, but in qualy I was 8 tenth off Christian Michel. I watched his lap onboard and he had so much more power in the Porsche. He had 6 clicks more rear wing, but 1 kph more top speed even with a lift in eau rouge.
So I was a bit disappointed with my choice, but P2 was still a great qualy result.
I didn't do a lot of testing and the car seemed to be very aggressive on tyres in qualy and warm-up.
Start was ok P2, but suddenly Christian got blue flags and a drive-thru, which was a great shame, because he would definetly have won that race without a doubt.

After that it was only saving tyres and defending P1. The Audis and Astons behind me had no issues with tyre wear and it was basically defending through S2 and getting a good run off T1 and at the end of S3.

Unfortunately I moved over in the braking zone of the bus stop on Simon Christman. I thought he was already at my speed, but he was trying to outbrake me on the outside.
I am really sorry for that! I should have hold my line on the brakes, which I usually do, because it is dangerous to move on the brakes for the car behind.
I watched it a few times and it was 100% my fault. Even with my struggles with the rear on the brakes I should have been able to keep it on the inside.

It is nice to get P1, but was not really enjoyable for me and Christian and Simon would have both deserved the win more than me, but it was still a good job most of the time to keep these faster cars behind. I should have tested them more in depth before the race.

@Frederic Schornstein
i think this track is great and the cars look great. they even feel quite nice at times. the problem with certain mods is that there is more of a difference in pace than we probably know about. i remember racing at zolder with the 79 f1 mod. i changed from one car to another and was 3 seconds quicker. with the isi mods, we know its fair.

that said, i think christian is a superb driver and so is simon. if i was you guys, i would be proud to be german tonight because you locked out the front of the grid..and so did german sim cars..no matter what the top speed :)

i will be rooting for porsche at le mans this year! should be exciting in the real wec!

Sorry, i ruined the start for some. I watched the replay and i was in 1ste gear. But for some reason it went to N. I think didn't lined up properly.:(

But the cars where great! Nice mixed grid.:thumbsup:
The battle to stay on track was bigger then i thought. But it was a good practice for the next one.

This was a awesome race even when i was the unlucky 4th :laugh:

Qualy was poor as most times but p4 was ok. Maybe i could do p3 but Christian and Frederic are on one lap most times way quicker.

Race start was ok. Managed to stay on p4. Then on the Kemmel straight Christian got his drive thru and so all gained one position. (Stupid bug in the game or the track :()

For the first laps the top 4 had an similar speed and were most time in 2.5 seconds. It was nice to see the different advantages of the cars. The Rene did a small mistake and i was able to pass him on the Kemmel straight. I could close the small gap to Frederic and put some pressure on him. Then as i was trying to pass him on the outside or try to prepare a pass if he defends, in the bus stop my bad luck was suddenly there :(. I knew i could brake much later and as Frederic starts braking he moved left in my line. To avoid a contact in the braking zone i tried to move more to the left but there was only grass and dirt so i spun :thumbsdown:
So falling back from P2 to P4 but with a save gap behind me i started to push as much the car let me :cool:. I was able to close my 6 second gap to the pack in front. Then made Rene a mistake but i could manage to pass him in this corners. But i lost my rhythm and gone wide in one corner and all the hard work was gone. I was again 6 seconds behind.

Over all it was a very funny and hard race :)

Sorry, i ruined the start for some. I watched the replay and i was in 1ste gear. But for some reason it went to N. I think didn't lined up properly.:(

But the cars where great! Nice mixed grid.:thumbsup:
The battle to stay on track was bigger then i thought. But it was a good practice for the next one.

I noticed that in the WSR, after a formation lap when you pull into your grid slot it goes back to neutral, caught me out the first time.

Last edited:
first of all thanks that i got my license 10 mins before quali start and so i could join the race.
i had just downloaded this mod and made a quick training session todays afternoon.
i didn´t expect that i could challenge the fast guys -
so i was quite suprised for P3 in quali... just a few 1/100 behind frederic.

i am happy that i could finish my race without huge mistakes or any accidents on P3.
looking for next one :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back