rF2 GT3 Club @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Sat 8th March

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Nice Race yesterday guys, for me it was a bit dissapointing with this drive through penalty for exactly nothing...and then i tried everything i could and crashed it...after the repair the car just was not the same, soooo much understeer and it didnt made any fun to continue driving with more than one lap behind. The Last couple of Laps were nice to watch, it was so close and everything could happen. Kinda the first time i was feeling with the drivers in Simracing while watching :D

gz to top4, nice driving. :thumbsup:

i had a nice time yesterday, i fell behind rigth at the start but i was able to take advantage of some mistakes by other drivers, i also made a few mistakes but wthout serious consequences. This race was very usefull to gain some experience with these cars even if i was much slower than the l«middle field. Looking forward to the next race :thumbsup:

I had a great time yesterday. The cars are surely different, performance wise. I didn't had much time to test them all. From the cars I had tested the McLaren seemed to fit me....Probably the slowest car of this mod! :D

I was dissapointed that I for stuck in the pit entry and burned up in flames. I really wanted to get to the finish. Hopefully that will happen next time. :D

Very very nice event ! First time I drive on Spa, it's a very good track for endurances series I think, but also a very technical track.
I think big diferences between faster drivers and "not-as-fast" drivers were on Kemmel(6) straight line because of the difficult Eau Rouge(4) + Raidillon(5). And then on Blanchimont(18).
Circuit_Spa_2007.png

Two examples on Kemmel straight line with Dennis and Christian overtaking me, what a big diference of max speed :
This was my head when I saw the White and orange Porsh -> :confused:
Any tips for this part of the track ?

I did 10th on qualy (I think my best time on this track was 2.25.8) which was nice for me.
For the race I was very safe and luckily had no accident so I went in 6th position at the end. Unfortunatly I was between Aliens and "normal" drivers with a big gap on each so I was alone during the entire race :( no one for fight with. But that was an amazing event ! Thank you all, Good Job :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Missed the action .... helped as service stop at an enduro in holland and a friend won his class so had to stay for the ceremony :)
Glad to hear this mod come's back in a few weeks , new track new chances B-)
Cya all there .

There were a few teething problems, but in spite of this last night was great fun! We had an absolutely fantastic race! :D Thank you very much guys. The support has been immense, and we hope you shall continue returning to the GT3 club (and the VWEC club that will also manifest within the next few weeks, using these cars as well as others).

I really look forward to going through the replay, watching some of the racing, and making the promo video. :geek: I hope to produce and release this within the next couple of weeks.

The next GT3 club race will be in 2 weeks time. @Dennis Coufal and I have decided to hold this club event on a bi-weekly basis so that it doesn't burn out too quickly - we want to keep everyone interested, and give you all an opportunity to test the cars and find one that suits you. And, thanks to @Franklin Stegink, from the next round we will look at using an updated version of the mod that will help you to create more stable setups, and that will hopefully equalise the performance of all the cars. :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, I hope to see you guys in other racing clubs, and around on RD. If not then I hope we'll see each other at the next GT3 club meeting, which is preliminarily set to be at Sebring, to coincide with the 12 hours of Sebring next weekend - this event will be the week after, on March 22nd. More details to follow... :whistling:

Thanks again guys. I hope all of you had fun; it certainly sounds like most of you did at least. All in all it went quite well, and it can only get better.

PS.
@Andrew Ford sorry about the parc fermé issue. I wasn't sure whether or not it had been set. I will definitely sort that for the next event, so that there is no parc fermé restrictions.
@Christian Michel sorry about the drive through incident. Unfortunately I didn't have admin access to the server, else I would have removed the penalty. For the next race we shall test beforehand that there are no such issues, and if there are then we'll find a solution so that it doesn't affect the race.
@Davy Vandevenne thanks very much for your live feed. It was incredibly interesting. Hopefully I wasn't putting you off too much at the end of the race by following you so closely. I was a lap behind so didn't want to overtake you. I was being incredibly careful, and lifting well in time, to ensure that I didn't attempt to pass you or accidentally ruin your race, but I did get a bit close sometimes. If it affected you I'm awfully sorry, and I'll know to keep my distance from now on when I'm behind a car that's a lap ahead of me.

Very very nice event ! First time I drive on Spa, it's a very good track for endurances series I think, but also a very technical track.
I think big diferences between faster drivers and "not-as-fast" drivers were on Kemmel(6) straight line because of the difficult Eau Rouge(4) + Raidillon(5). And then on Blanchimont(18).
Circuit_Spa_2007.png

Two examples on Kemmel straight line with Dennis and Christian overtaking me, what a big diference of max speed :
This was my head when I saw the White and orange Porsh -> :confused:
Any tips for this part of the track ?

I did 10th on qualy (I think my best time on this track was 2.25.8) which was nice for me.
For the race I was very safe and luckily had no accident so I went in 6th position at the end. Unfortunatly I was between Aliens and "normal" drivers with a big gap on each so I was alone during the entire race :( no one for fight with. But that was an amazing event ! Thank you all, Good Job :thumbsup:
Simple Tip: Go flat out trough Eau Rouge. Not possible in every car, but at least that was the only thing the BMW did well and prevented the others from overtaking me on the Kemmel straight.

Simple Tip: Go flat out trough Eau Rouge. Not possible in every car, but at least that was the only thing the BMW did well and prevented the others from overtaking me on the Kemmel straight.

In the Porsche it is impossible to go flat through Eau Rouge, you just need to hit the the apex and play with the throttle to keep it up in line, thats just training and feeling the car. Maybe try to take a bit more the Curb on the left side to have a better radius into the corner.

@Daiman Patel We had some Months ago as well an Event on Spa, and there were also some Buggs in the classification, seems at it happened there as well the first few laps...so i think thats a point that comes down to the track. Nothing to do there :/

Looks like fun! Have had problems getting the mod. Using the link I kept coming up with a blank page. I got lucky once but the downloaded file was corrupted.:( Guess I will keep trying.:)

Looks like fun! Have had problems getting the mod. Using the link I kept coming up with a blank page. I got lucky once but the downloaded file was corrupted.:( Guess I will keep trying.:)

Hi Larry. You should have let us know sooner, and we would have helped you out. If you are still having problems then we'll give you a hand so that you can take part in the next GT3 club event. :D

Hi Larry. You should have let us know sooner, and we would have helped you out. If you are still having problems then we'll give you a hand so that you can take part in the next GT3 club event. :D
Thanks Daiman. As it was I was a bit late in trying to get the download. Just tried again and am downloading now. If there is a problem, do not worry, I will ask for help:thumbsup:.

Hope there's a next race on this track soon. Had problems installing tracks for some reason, but all's good now, so I would really like to race here.

This car and track combination has really got me immersed.
I want to thank the fast drivers who so willingly share their advice here in the club format.
I spent some time practicing last night to try to find lap time.
After hours of testing I got the 911 down to 2:25 dead (was on for a high 2:24 but erred at the final chicane.)
Its not the easiest to drive fast, each lap is a white knuckle ride for me but so full of character and challenge.
I jumped into the Lamborghini ( which is a rebadged R8 lest face it) loaded the R8 setup I had worked on and bang did a 2:25 on the 3rd lap. Very predictable and easy to push.
Yes @Frederic Schornstein I went flat through Eau Rouge in the Lambo.
I thought "its all about the car" then I remembered Christian Michel in the White and Orange 911 and reckoned I still have work to do.
Ill be doing some on board work with the race movie tonight to see where I can find 3 seconds!!!

I reckon I can be fast and safe in the Gallardo but I love the 911 and want to master it.

This car and track combination has really got me immersed.
I want to thank the fast drivers who so willingly share their advice here in the club format.
I spent some time practicing last night to try to find lap time.
After hours of testing I got the 911 down to 2:25 dead (was on for a high 2:24 but erred at the final chicane.)
Its not the easiest to drive fast, each lap is a white knuckle ride for me but so full of character and challenge.
I jumped into the Lamborghini ( which is a rebadged R8 lest face it) loaded the R8 setup I had worked on and bang did a 2:25 on the 3rd lap. Very predictable and easy to push.
Yes @Frederic Schornstein I went flat through Eau Rouge in the Lambo.
I thought "its all about the car" then I remembered Christian Michel in the White and Orange 911 and reckoned I still have work to do.
Ill be doing some on board work with the race movie tonight to see where I can find 3 seconds!!!

I reckon I can be fast and safe in the Gallardo but I love the 911 and want to master it.
I tested the Porsche for a few laps to see, if I am really 8 tenth down on @Christian Michel
or if the car is really better than the BMW. You have to lift with it in eau rouge, but the car has a lot of power and much more grip on the front axle, but the rear is very lively.
I didn't get on top of the car immediately, but compared to the BMW it feels like it has a bit more potential, because the BMW was very limited by it's front end grip, which lead to a lot of front tyre wear. The Porsche feels more rear limited, which is better for the tyres and performance on a track with a lot of high speed corners.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 39.9%