rF2 GT3 Club @ Canadian Tire Motorsport Park - Friday 20th November 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Daiman Patel was the Nissan GT3 causing a problem? I only ask as it was missing from the car list when the server rebooted & was the car I had practised in.
Will have have to have a back up car setup next time ;)
Unfortunately it was - there was a problem with some of its files which was resulting in people being kicked from the server, and also preventing people from joining the event. Therefore I had to restart the server, and in order to prevent the issue from reoccurring I re-created the vMod, omitting the BES GT-R so that nobody could select the car (accidentally, or without knowing the problems it was causing). I'm not sure if it was simply a coincidence that the issue begun following the introduction of the BOP GT-R (a couple of races ago), or if there is a conflict occurring between these two vehicles which means that only one can be used at a time. For the next event I shall remove the BOP GT-R and reinstate the BES GT-R, with the hope that the issue is due to both mods being used together and will not occur again. Apologies again for the inconvenience yesterday.

Unfortunately it was - there was a problem with some of its files which was resulting in people being kicked from the server, and also preventing people from joining the event. Therefore I had to restart the server, and in order to prevent the issue from reoccurring I re-created the vMod, omitting the BES GT-R so that nobody could select the car (accidentally, or without knowing the problems it was causing). I'm not sure if it was simply a coincidence that the issue begun following the introduction of the BOP GT-R (a couple of races ago), or if there is a conflict occurring between these two vehicles which means that only one can be used at a time. For the next event I shall remove the BOP GT-R and reinstate the BES GT-R, with the hope that the issue is due to both mods being used together and will not occur again. Apologies again for the inconvenience yesterday.
I think you might actually be right about the two GT-Rs conflicting. Twice when I was practicing on the server earlier in the week, somebody would join the server with the BOP GT-R and it would look like their GT-R had been placed in the same pit box as my BES GT-R, with the two cars glitched inside each other. Then the game would completely crash to the desktop.

I think you might actually be right about the two GT-Rs conflicting. Twice when I was practicing on the server earlier in the week, somebody would join the server with the BOP GT-R and it would look like their GT-R had been placed in the same pit box as my BES GT-R, with the two cars glitched inside each other. Then the game would completely crash to the desktop.
Thank you very much for the information Oli. :thumbsup: That pretty much confirms the cause of the issue; it was the same problem that was occurring yesterday before the server restart and vMod update, and it has been occurring over the past couple of weeks since the addition of the BOP GT-R. So as I have said, I will omit the BOP GT-R and re-add the BES GT-R for the next event as most guys seem to prefer the BES version over the BOP version.

Ah, good to know, thanks for your update, appreciate it :thumbsup:

What a great race that was. Loved it from start till I ruined Oli's and my race... 2 laps before the finish. :notworthy:

I had a great start and could overtake a couple of Nissans which had a coming together. Passed some guys and got behind Oli. We had a great battle for many laps. We catched a black corvette. Oli could pass without problem when I was passing him, he pushed me into the barrier on the right after the hairpin, which was uncool. I lost 12 seconds on that move. :( Had to push hard to get behind him again. The second try was easier. Oli and I caught up with 2 slow BMWs. It was frustrating not be able to pass them. I tried 2 laps before the finish to dive on the inside of Oli in the first corner.... Not enough space... I made us spin off :poop: Sorry again Oli, we lost our 7th and 8th spot.which should have been 5th and 6th;).
Had great fun and I am looking forward to the next race.:)

Thanx for the great evening guys, was intense and fun. Hopefully more peeps will find TS too. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back