rF2 GT3 Club @ Bathurst - Friday 13th November 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I guess the settings are in the userdata folder ? And what about plugins if I copy bin64 folder will it work ?
Settings-yes

Plugins- its safer to keep the new bin64 there and copy each plugin over to it individually or as a group.
Remember to put motec (if you use it) settings file in the new main install.

IMPORTANT!

The server shall not be updated to the latest build (Build 1028) until next week; for this week's event we shall continue to use Build 1008. Apologies if this causes any inconvenience. However, remember that it is possible to have multiple installs of rF2 - if you have already updated then you can download Build 1008 from here.

Just saw this while the 1028 updater was running and at first had a thought to skip the weekend races. But got it to work in the end.
This is what I did:
  1. Downloaded the 1008.exe from Daimans link
  2. Installed the 1008 build in a separate folder (D:\Program\rFactor2_1008\). When promted, I put also the data files in the same folder so they don't end up in the "My documents" folder. (I've done this also with my regular (D:\Program\rFactor2\) installation.
    Also be aware that if you let the installer create a desktop shortcut. If you already have one, it won't. It wil just change the properties of the one you've already got. So might be better to do this manually.
  3. Copied the root Plugin-folder (containing TrackMap) from 1028-inst to 1008-inst
  4. Copied relevant plugin files (not Motec) from the 1028-inst Bin64 folder to the 1008-inst Bin64 folder
  5. Copied UserData\player files from 1028-inst to 1008-inst. Overwrote Everything.
  6. Copied UserData\Controller files from 1028-inst to 1008-inst. Overwrote Everything. (save your controller settings from the 1028-inst first)
  7. Adjusted video settings
  8. From the launcher (right at the bottom) I added search paths to the 1028 Packages folder (This can also be done in the Mod Manager, I guess). Then you can install the packages you need.
    If you only want the race mods then you can install them via multiplayer
  9. In game, the only thing I did was to load my saved controller settings file
Well, this was a quick scribble. Hope it's some help for someone. Hope I did'nt miss anything.

Just saw this while the 1028 updater was running and at first had a thought to skip the weekend races. But got it to work in the end.
This is what I did:
  1. Downloaded the 1008.exe from Daimans link
  2. Installed the 1008 build in a separate folder (D:\Program\rFactor2_1008\). When promted, I put also the data files in the same folder so they don't end up in the "My documents" folder. (I've done this also with my regular (D:\Program\rFactor2\) installation.
    Also be aware that if you let the installer create a desktop shortcut. If you already have one, it won't. It wil just change the properties of the one you've already got. So might be better to do this manually.
  3. Copied the root Plugin-folder (containing TrackMap) from 1028-inst to 1008-inst
  4. Copied relevant plugin files (not Motec) from the 1028-inst Bin64 folder to the 1008-inst Bin64 folder
  5. Copied UserData\player files from 1028-inst to 1008-inst. Overwrote Everything.
  6. Copied UserData\Controller files from 1028-inst to 1008-inst. Overwrote Everything. (save your controller settings from the 1028-inst first)
  7. Adjusted video settings
  8. From the launcher (right at the bottom) I added search paths to the 1028 Packages folder (This can also be done in the Mod Manager, I guess). Then you can install the packages you need.
    If you only want the race mods then you can install them via multiplayer
  9. In game, the only thing I did was to load my saved controller settings file
Well, this was a quick scribble. Hope it's some help for someone. Hope I did'nt miss anything.
Yes the same as I did, I copied the whole userdata folder but still dont know if it works cause I did it via remote desktop so I will check it tonight :) It took me 5 minutes so guys dont sign out just for those 5 miuntes

Is there a reason , why this race is not updating to 1028?
I don't have the necessary privileges on the server, therefore I am unable to update the installations myself. I shall need to ask an administrator to update all of the installs, which will take a bit of time, and then all of the servers will need to be restarted, whilst we dance around any new issues that have been introduced. Also, during the week it's only really possible to update servers when people are available, during the evening. This would mean a potentially lengthy downtime when you guys want to practice on the server. And given that we are so close to the event such a change wouldn't be wise in my opinion. Furthermore, by waiting a few days we can learn about new bugs that might affect servers or the events themselves, and potentially find workarounds so that these issues do not ruin your club races. :)

Why I see others on the track as something like a yellow square ?!
This is because they joined the server while you where on track so your client has not loaded their car model yet. If you go back to garage and then back on track the game will load their models.
ISI added an option in the last build where you can bind a key to force load the models, so you can hit it while on a straight or when parked.
The reason they do this is because loading the model while running on track can (and probably will) lead to a moment of lag when it happens.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back