rF2 GT3 Club @ Bathurst - Friday 13th November 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Had fun again, but no luck.

With the start I had a good getaway and gained a few position. I could follow the runners in front of me pretty well. After a couple of laps I had contact with the wall and my suspension went yellow. I picked up the pace and could keep the gap to Charles steady. It was hard to control the car under braking with the broken suspension. When came over the hill Charles had parked his car in the middle of the track. I did everything to avoid him and I did, but the wall was too hard :( Suspension was destroyed end of my race. :(
Will try again next year. :D

Glad to hear that so many of you enjoyed last night's event! :D It's a shame that I wasn't able to join you. Apologies to those who I didn't manage to add to the sign-up list - I can see that there were a few of you who signed up quite late; I didn't get a chance to check and update the thread again until this morning, but I hope you still joined the event.

Hopefully you'll all be able to join us for more racing next week. ;)

I redeemed myself as last time GT3 was here I spun on the first lap and dropped to very last. Made a good recovery but could never catch the leaders.

Messed up qualy a bit as I spun on my last run in the last corner and got a cut track warning. Still got second place :)

Had a decent start and got into the lead and never looked back. Tried to build a gap rightaway and it worked. After that it was just managing the gap and making sure I don't totally kill the front tyres in Forrest's Elbow (the hairpin). Dunno if it's the same for everyone, but I just can't make the Vette handle the bumps in the braking zone and I have to approach it super carefully to not lock and overheat and flatspot the fronts. The car is fine and balanced everywhere else.

Despite being in front with a gap of about 4-5 seconds most of the time, it was still a tough race as @Andreas Oehrlich and @Mark Breslin are fast and just a small mistake from me would've let them catch up. And it's just so easy to stop paying attention for a second and end your race at the top of the mountain anyway! Had a few moments that could've ended badly but luckily didn't.

Thanks everyone for joining in and congrats for those that finished! And for @Daiman Patel for organising these :) I should say that more often! Fun times :)

Yeah. Like the last time here the race was very intense. Pushing on this track and not finisihing the race by crashing into a wall is like a tightrope walk.
In the middle of the trip I pushed way to hard to catch up to @Mark Breslin but I did too much small mistakes here and there. At the the end I was about 3 seconds behind Mark and decided racing more safe. And what a surpise, suddenly I was way faster than before just driving clean through the mountain section. Time runs by and I finished third just behind Mark.
@Tero Dahlberg managed his gap he reached after few laps till the end. There was no chance to close this gap. WD Tero and Mark and all other survivors :thumbsup:

Thx @Daiman Patel . Hope we will see you on the next track.

When came over the hill Charles had parked his car in the middle of the track. I did everything to avoid him and I did, but the wall was too hard :( Suspension was destroyed end of my race. :(

Guess it might have been me. Sorry! :(

I had a spin when braking/downshifting to late coming over the hill and I saw a car braking hard and coming off track behind me. Hav'nt checked the replay but it might well have been you.

EDIT
For myself this track was really a challenge. Had a couple of mistakes (as above) but I managed to stay on track and go to the end. Not having the speed of course but pushing and still beeing quite consistent most of the time and even felt a kind of flow for some laps now and then. Driving alone I lost concentration at a couple of moments and it immediatly caused an emergecy situation. There is really no room for mistakes on this track.
But, it was really fun and I'm happy just finishing the race. :)

Last edited:
Not my favourite track, (only 'cause I usually crash!) but that was intense.......and fun.!
Qualy was good, pole position, with a time that I couldn't/wouldn't match again. (So fortunate that @Tero Dahlberg got the last corner wrong).
However, from the lights turning green, all I saw for the rest of the race was Tero's rear spoiler!!
Had no idea what the tyre wear would be, so decided to be cautious and not fight for position until I was happy with the tyres.
That plan back fired as being a little too cautious allowed @Andreas Oehrlich through after I checked the length of the grass!! Andreas returned the compliment laps later by making a small mistake allowing me back through!;)
From then on I decided to go for it and try and catch Tero. Produced a healthy gap from Andreas but couldn't catch Tero because of making the odd mistake and then by overdriving and cooking my front tyres.:whistling:
So much so, that within the last 2 laps Andreas had reduced a 4-5 sec gap to 1-2 sec. If we had one more lap I'm convinced I would have lost 2nd position .!:O_o:
Grats to Tero for a faultless drive and too all that finished..................(and of course to @Daiman Patel ):thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.